test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that module 1 is out top 10 changes community thinks foundry needs next?

2»

Comments

• boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Sominator, the fact that you are listening to the player base gives us all hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    Foundry Reward System is a priority above all else in my opinion.

We asked for and received a rewards system in STO's foundry. Our top rated listing (which only shows 50 missions) now has about 32 mission named something like this:

Farmerz Loot Framville 101
    Battleship Rumble Farming
    Accolade Grindingz EZ PZ

Be really careful what you wish for. At least if your lists are filled with story, then people who want story can find story. In STO, it has become difficult to find story. Then again, your foundry folks seem to police your exploits and ours do very little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluehawk89bluehawk89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    Just my top ten as I wait for the patch to get done to play with drop and drag!

1. Boss Encounters: You already have a good 14-15 solo boss encounters in the game as part of leveling process could these allowed to be let into foundry? I know you have stated you are working on this, just thought that might be easier in the short term.
    2. Foundry Reward System: I know that most of the time a good story is its own reward. However, most players in MMO's are progression driven. If there was some type of token system that you use in all other aspects of the game I would imagine foundry plays would skyrocket.
    3. Beast Skins and encounters: I know many people have complained that all enemies in the foundry tend to be humanoids. Add in a few animals like Bears, Tigers, Wolves(rather then attached to current encounters give them their own) some more exotic things like Ropers and Ogyauts, would be great too....nice long tentacles.
    4. Timer.
    5. Npc's patrol speed working.
    6. Cut Scenes.
    7. Branching story arc decisions.(This one would make players choices really change the outcomes.
    8. Decisions in adventurers carry through the maps and or the campaign.
    9. Party detection(You already auto scale for level, could this also be added to auto-scale for party size?) Most cleaver authors have sliding scale for difficulty so this would be lower on list.
    10. Random chance of rare companions.(Maybe Just re-skinned, but a 1% chance per 15 minutes average in a foundry to land a new companion skin or type) this makes end chest count a little more without breaking the game with overpowered items.

Just some thoughts.

Let's go for broke. Give us the tools and all the items the developers use. That would be the best thing they could do. :)
  • davenachtkindfxdavenachtkindfx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My top list:

1) Boss Encounters
    2) Ability to toggle OFF or ON any encounter as "guard" , " normal enemy" or "elite enemy"
    3) Ability to use single units of encounters ( not always the full pack ), or create own groups
    4) Foundry Reward System:
    e.g.:
    - Play 20/50/100 new foundry quests and rate them to get title X, reward Y
    - Get coin for every completed Foundry Daily quest and buy rewards with it
    5) Veto option for bad Foundry ratings ( user driven )
    6) Normal XP in the Foundry
    Please play my quests, have fun & give me feedback.

Upstairs not Downstairs... ( English - Quick Daily Foundry Quest - 16 mins)
    NW-DLS2W4BEN
    Mercenary School ( English - Quick Arena - 18 mins )
    NW-DOMN4EUYJ
    Der Schrei ( German - Story Quest - 20 mins )
    NW-DIO7EPLIS
    Etwas Zeit? ( German - Story Quest - 25 mins )
    NW-DLB3WMAIP
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    the number one thing i wanted was terrain editing complete with a terrain paint brush to change texture from stone, grass, dirt, path etc. (not using details to build hills and cliffs thus eating up the very limited 1500 limit.)

*edit* and well everything NWN had in it's editor >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »
    the very limited 1500 limit.)

In STO we are limited to 475. That was an upgrade from 250.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jmdesterejmdestere Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. Adjustable enemy strength: Maybe have a sliding menu thing to make any mob count as Minions, brutes, brutes with more hp (For a miniboss) and a standardized Boss Strength (complete with boss health bar to keep it legit). Perhaps set a one boss per map limit to prevent boss spam.

2. More Music Options! Emotional responses are what makes any media memorable. It's possible to create a decent visual environment as it stands now, however the music options are a tad lackluster for anything but fighting and running around. I'd like some more options for sending a chill down your spine, or for more somber moments.

3.Sound effect options! Pretty much goes with #2. I'd like some sounds for adding some effect to large scale battles.

4.Invincible encounters that fight. For a battlefield type of scenario, it would be cool to have npcs fighting eachother and not dying. Maybe make them only able to target fellow invincible targets to prevent abuse.

Either way, the foundry is pretty awesome as it stands now (at least when it's up lol). Kudos to the devs for giving folks like me that are too simple and impatient to learn programming a chance to apply some creativity to more things than pvp tactics and zone chat jibba jabba.
    NW-DKH3UKB4Q - Kobold Crusher. A sewer crawl with adjustable difficulty aimed at assisting with one of the Slayer achievements.
  • delrachniddelrachnid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    I would love to be able to drop a camera and link it to any object (NPCs, torches, doors, etc.) so that when a player interacts/talks with it you can force perspective. I'm tired of dropping invisible walls to try and force first-person perspective. Especially when multiple people are playing a solo quest at once, it locks out all the other players from the experience.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly I haven't seen this posted anywhere but, I could really use more animations ( attacking, idle ready to fight, and a big bad over exaggerated roar!)

Also the ability to set plot nodes with a timer so we can assign it to an asset to create an animation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • marakthemaulermarakthemauler Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    Personally my number one item is for all editing frames to be moveable. It is a pain to try to see/select/approve emotes/music/etc that have non-moveable frames that get "stuck" behind other non-moveable frames. It makes working inside of the foundry a frustrating process.
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Personally my number one item is for all editing frames to be moveable. It is a pain to try to see/select/approve emotes/music/etc that have non-moveable frames that get "stuck" behind other non-moveable frames. It makes working inside of the foundry a frustrating process.

Programmed cut scenes would help this. But would be great if we could say make a ship appear to be sailing or airship flying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What do I want?

Alright. I'll bite. What I want is better editing tools. I have no interest in better rewards or boss mobs, or anything like that. I just want things that make my life easier as a storyteller, map maker and module creator.

So, my top 10 things:

I want -
    1. To be able to set Camera Mode and Combat Mode within 3D preview without having to go into Edit Mode. (And for the system to remember these between visits to 3D preview - Ideally, they'd be persistent throughout all Foundry sessions, too)
    2. The dialogue editor to place the dialogue prompt properties somewhere within the viewable screen, not always to the very left or very right of the prompt. When you have prompts that are 10 screens wide, that can be a lot of scrolling sideways.
    3. A bigger box for PC responses in the dialogue editor. It's hard to write an NPC's appropriate response to a PC line when you can only see the first 20 characters or so of the PC line.
    4. To remove the 'click through' effect when editing text in the dialogue editor. C'mon, Cryptic. Catch the MouseClick event on the top most UI element and stop the event bubbling through. I'm sick of deleting a dialogue response by accident because I clicked in the NPC text box.
    5. To not collide with geometry in free camera editing mode.
    6. A way to mass edit properties of objects. (Spatial properties, object names, whatever it is)
    7. To have snap-to-grid and snap-to-rotation settings in 3D edit.
    8. To have a 'duplicate object' button in 3D edit that works exactly the way it does in 2D edit, preserving rotation and attitude of the object being duplicated.
    9. To be able to click to select the current object in 3D edit, not always needing to have it in the center of my screen.
    10. Zoom out in the dialogue editing window.

As someone primarily focused on the creative process and less worried about what happens after the thing gets made and released into the wild, those are my top ten issues. Those are the things that would make my time in the editor easier and more enjoyable.

And look, I didn't even put anything about the dialogue limits in there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To be able to set Camera Mode and Combat Mode within 3D preview without having to go into Edit Mode. (And for the system to remember these between visits to 3D preview - Ideally, they'd be persistent throughout all Foundry sessions, too)

This you can already do -- hit ESC and then change Camera/Combat mode menus.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ooooh, thanks, eldarth!

... If that means #1 is not valid, then I shall replace it with this:

In the dialogue editor, please make it so that I don't have to click twice to update stuff. V. annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had no idea about that ESC trick to change battle mode, that's great! :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just two:

Place Markers are triggerable (Appear/Disappear) - I've been requesting this one for 3.5 years (STO and now NW)

Reward system that does NOT rely on killing something.

Place Markers need to be trigger able so I can have a player traverse a hallways in one direction, then double-back - but only activate a place marker the second time through (it's hidden the first time through, then made "visible" when they reach the end - do their thing, then come back through and ready to activate).

Some way to reward players who play a quest that - for example - has ZERO (I know: GASP!!!) combat. ~cough~

I wouldn't create such a quest myself, but I'd come close to it (minimal combat that is completely avoidable). As it is now I feel compelled to add hostile encounters for no reason other than to allow the player to win loot or something. ~harumph~

Not sure just how much reward you're talking about, but it's possible right now for a player to finish a non-fighting quest and open the reward chest at the end.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    blureel wrote: »
    Not sure just how much reward you're talking about, but it's possible right now for a player to finish a non-fighting quest and open the reward chest at the end.

Correct, the reward chest is based upon the average runtime of the quest and is not connected to the combat encounters in the quest.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I posted this idea on another thread:

Longer avg playtime: + higer Rank/star Quest == bigger daily counter (similar to pvp when you rank well in a match or win).
    15min x4 == 1hour.

a Quest that is 1 hour on avg. shouldnt that give +4 daily?

even a boost for higer Ranked/star Quest, 40min avg. Quest gives +4 daily Quest done.?
    just a thought..

but an overhaul of 'reasonabillity' for doing the Quests is needed.
    why do them? (fun? .. there are a few other fun things to do out there, that actually give rewards...) etc..
    it's often a question of selecting the most fun+rewarding thing to do.
  • marakthemaulermarakthemauler Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    Now that my first foundry has been published (shameless plug - see signature) and had a chance to really explore the tool, I have a few things that I would love to see implemented. In addition to what other players have posted, these updates to the foundry are what I think is needed to make a truly dynamic quest that allows the players to choose how they want the story to unfold. You "can" do it with the current foundry tool set, but you do not get the cleanest and smoothest result. If these items were implemented, I could get rid of all my NPC doubling, encounters that have random spawn time (due to hidden encounter timers), and extra items that fill up PCs bags. Some of my dialogs have three separate exit points that produce three separate results and I like I said before it is possible but it can be ugly at times.
    1. Complex triggers rules for spawning of items, encounters, or NPCs.
      [LIST=2]
    2. Allow for boolean triggers, i.e. AND, OR, XOR, NOR, NOT
    3. Allow for more than one trigger type in conditional, i.e. "Objective Complete" <BOOL> "Dialog Prompt Reached"
    4. Link to dialogs from other maps
    [*]Complex dialog logic
    [LIST=2]
    [*]Allow for boolean dialog conditions, i.e. AND, OR, XOR, NOR, NOT
    [*]Allow dialog conditions be linked to dialogs/actions from other maps
    [/LIST]
    [*]
    [/LIST]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    An "Area Repository" that allows mappers to build and upload areas for mod makers to use. I have no creativity when it comes to stories, but I'm full of ideas when it comes to map design.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have more than 10.

1) More basic details. We have a dozen different watermelon items, but not one shovel.
    2) More wall and floor textures, and basic architectural building blocks. A decent wooden floor. Some walls with human doorways *other* than the half-brick-with-rope. A simple wooden staircase. etc.
    3) A way to make a room empty. No torches, no braziers, no details of any kind. Just walls, floor, ceiling, and door points.
    4) All of the mobs that are already in the game but not in the foundry added to the foundry *as mobs*, not just as NPCs that we can reskin to.
    5) More non-humanoid mobs in general. This isn't just a Foundry request, it's a game-wide quest. D&D has such a diverse menagerie of monsters to pull from, yet the vast majority of what we encounter here is humanoid. How about the carrion crawler, slimes and oozes, giant rat/bat/scorpion/toad/snake/etc., stirge, water weird, displacer beast, bullette, purple worm, wyvern, rust monster, otyugh, behir, hydra, trapper/lurker above, gas spore, shrieker, etc.
    6) More flags. We've got [nickname], how about references to other parts of the character sheet? How about ways to change dialog or interaction based on gender, race, class, chosen religion, chosen place of origin, chosen origin? All of these things were selected when you made your character, how about letting them actually affect the game through Foundry quests? I'd love to make a quest where an elf gets one dialog and a dwarf gets another.
    7) More dialog. The current limit sucks.
    8) More NPC budget. See 7 above re: limit.
    9) Something to make running a Foundry quest more attractive to the average player. There are a handful that get run over and over, and the rest languish in obscurity. Give people 1) a reason to do more Foundry quests, and 2) a reason to do more *different* Foundry quests, rather than the same one over and over to get your Daily.
    10) Timers.
    11) Or logic.
    12) More animations. Basic stuff, like someone making casting gestures, someone stomping his foot, someone sitting in a freaking chair. Also, a checkbox to make a non-looping animation loop.
    13) A checkbox to turn off mob-specific vocals, so that my Nasher spellcaster reskinned into a Lich isn't always shouting pro-rebellion slogans.
    14) A checkbox to turn off built-in sound effects on details in case you want the look but not the noise.
    15) Music appropriate to a peaceful village, a happy home, a festival...
    16) A way to get an NPC to say a specific thing when it first appears, and only when it first appears.
    17) A way to have quest information pop up for the character like it does when you reach a quest objective waypoint for *any* waypoint or component completion.
    18) Fix the teleporters so that rotation is in degrees not radians and they don't change their Y levels when you move them further apart.
    19) Fix the map duplication bugs (there is more than one).
    20) The ability to delete a mob from a mob group.

I could probably come up with more, but that's enough for now.