test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: "Quest Development Time" display and search

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
I think something that would really be appreciated and help weed out a lot of the grind/pit/farm quests would be if the time taken by the author to create and develop the quest were displayed and searchable.

I know I, for one, would like to exclude UGC searching quests that took less than perhaps 4 hours to develop.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What would stop said makers of exploit maps just leaving it on why they go shopping, bed and what not? Whatever you do they will find a way around it.

Best way to stop it is by making it so they can't. Just like all things of this nature it is an on going process. I think the best way to do it is to have a selection of mods that can red flag quests, which the powers that be can then decide on.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    What would stop said makers of exploit maps just leaving it on why they go shopping, bed and what not? Whatever you do they will find a way around it.

True. But why would they bother? So that people NOT looking for farming/xp/loot quests would play their quest so they would get 1-starred? Since they are making a farming quest anyway why waste 3-4 days of time connected to Foundry and defeating the timeout and delaying use of that computer for botting/farming a quest that will not get removed for weeks anyway?
    edited September 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    True. But why would they bother? So that people NOT looking for farming/xp/loot quests would play their quest so they would get 1-starred? Since they are making a farming quest anyway why waste 3-4 days of time connected to Foundry and defeating the timeout and delaying use of that computer for botting/farming a quest that will not get removed for weeks anyway?

If you only look at it from that point then I agree.

But I make my quests very quickly compared to many. About 15 hours each one. People may think I don't put the love and care in which is just not true. I'm just very organised and usually have the finished product typed and planned before I even open the editor.

I know this is more than the 4 hour mark but still..
    edited September 2013
    I know this is more than the 4 hour mark but still..

How about we add "Number of unique Detail Assets used" ?
    That probably also wouldn't creep any higher than about a four. lol. ;)
    edited September 2013

Nah! That would ruin my latest quest: Gold pit, spider killing get lots of stuff here for doing nothing. ;)
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Number of assets used is a good indicator.

And frankly, all the planning in the world won't allow me to make my quests in 15 hours. It takes twice that (at least) just to make a single one of my maps. My maps generally take a week's worth of time, which is somewhere between 4 and 8 hours per day, depending on the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Number of assets used is a good indicator.

And frankly, all the planning in the world won't allow me to make my quests in 15 hours. It takes twice that (at least) just to make a single one of my maps. My maps generally take a week's worth of time, which is somewhere between 4 and 8 hours per day, depending on the day.

But that's you! Like I said the time spent making quests will change by a huge amount from person to person. I heard people claim they spent 300+ hours making quests, I'm not knocking it but it's not for me. For one thing It would take me over half a year to make one quest at that rate.
    edited September 2013
    ... the time spent making quests will change by a huge amount from person to person.

Absolutely true. But do you think anyone could complete a non-exploit/farm quest in less than 3-4 hours?