test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Tale from Baldur's Gate - looking for feedback

xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
Since the reviews are back this is now a review trade thread. Leave your short code in your review and I'll review your quest.

Hello everyone!
After playing many of the foundry quests and seeing what amazing things authors can do in them I started to think about creating my own quest. I was afraid that I’ll fail miserably at it but eventually decided to try it. People in the foundry chat told me that asking on this forum is the best way to get some feedback so…
My quest is called: A Tale from Baldur’s Gate – Gathering Shadows (Gathering Shadows). NW-DDUNG38UG
In it you are listening to a story from Baldur’s Gate that happened long time ago around 1380 DR. And by listening I mean you play it of course ;)
Main character – Baldurian adventurer – is tasked by the guard captain to lead a party to spy on a strange army that is massing on the northern borders of Baldur’s Gate. It’s a first part of a larger campaign but… well we’ll see…
It’s mostly story driven quest with a lot of dialogs with party members and other NPC’s. There is combat of course on later maps but the start is just talking.
My goal is to invoke the feeling of older D&D games. But well… ;)
I would love to know what people think about my work.
Anything you can tell me will be appreciated. The feedback I’m mostly looking for is:
- Is the story any good? Can you understand it? Is it worth continuing?
- What do you think about the dialogs? Characters?
- How’s the combat? Is it too hard, too easy?
Share what you can.
I apologies for my English. Dialogs might have some mistakes but hopefully not that many. If they do I’m very sorry.
I’m looking forward to any feedback you’ll give me.
If you want me to return the favor leave your quest short code below.
Thank you for reading and/or playing.

Ps. Don’t click -continue- too fast during “listen” parts of the quest, or you will ruin the “cutscene”.
Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
Post edited by xetmk24 on

Comments

• kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    -Is the story any good? Can you understand it (despise my poor english)? Is it worth continuing?
    YES! This was a lot of run, and an impressive first effort. The English is good, especially if it isn't your first language - in most places it's top notch, but there were a few errors. I made a few notes where I could, but I think there were a few more places.
    PLEASE continue!
    -What do you think about the dialogs? Characters?
    Enjoyable and entertaining. Not too dialogue thick/heavy, but enough to give me something to sink into.
    -How’s the combat? Is it too hard, too easy?
    May be a little on the challenging side for some. The party helps, and I liked it overall. It builds nicely to a fast pace and kept me moving forward without being bored of the fights.

More sent in a PM- thanks for making this! Hope to see more soon!
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for playing. I'm glad you enjoyed my quest.
    And thank you for taking your time to leave me feedback, much appreciated. I've looked into things you listed and made some changes like:
    I removed the big smoke and replaced it with smaller ones. Enemies should be more visible now. I originally wanted to make that smoke appear and disappear after few seconds but I couldn't figure out how to do it ;)
    Thanks again for playing.

More feedback will be appreciated. If anyone want me to play your quests, leave your quest's short code below.
    Have fun.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • topwicztopwicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great quest. You made some improvements since the last time I played it.
    I likeed the story, it’s interesting and I want to know what happens next.
    Characters are entertaining. I wished you could add even more dialogs with them. I loved leading a party, reminded me of older games. And I agree with Vixx – helmets are bad ;)
    Dialogs are really good and funny. Afraid I can’t help you with any errors (English is not my first language) but everything was understandable. You found a nice way to replace cutscenes. Wish authors could make them.
    Combat is very nice. Some pulls were a bit challenging but I like it that way. Horned Harbingers as enemies (little hint there I think). Nicely done chase sequence.
    Overall very enjoyable quest. I would love to see this campaign continued. Don’t get discourage.
    Sent more in PM.
    Oh and reviews are back! Reviewed and tipped ;)
    edited September 2013
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for leaving feedback, much appreciated.
    And thanks for telling me about reviews.

Since they are back its a review trade thread now. If you want me to review your quest leave your thoughts and short code below.
    Have fun!
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I plan to play yours again to give it proper stars now that reviews are back. Look forward to seeing the changes!

You can find mine here: NW-DG6DZO4ZB @kithlis
    edited September 2013
    Great quest kithlis. Couldn't finish it because of the maintance but will play it again when it's done. Love it so far. I also, accidentaly found a way to free the Gaurdian without destroing that barier and of course I got stuck there ;)
    Will sent you feedback and review once the maintance is over.
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I am a huge fan of the Baldur gates series. Are you using known components like flaming fist mercenary's. and other npc's from the series?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]