What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anything good at the Summer Festival?

Comments

• Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Events in this game don't add anything game changing they arE ALL 90% cosmetic, but this game really needs more cosmetics.
    I mean the sunite top is very cute ad summery, and closet to a peasant top than most other things.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really like the fashion for the event because it ISN'T ornate noble-type garb yet it's still pretty while being simple. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fancy clothes in the game, but in the name of variety it's nice to have simpler stuff, and it's stuff all my characters look shockingly good in. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I love stuff like this! Hope we get to see more fun reoccurring events like this and the Lliira one!
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im enjoying it. Playing it less farmy than I did past events. Like the rewards. Personally do not mind mounts BoP. Will get for Alts. Not intending to sell, cause not rank 2 or 3, and mount upgrade tomes are crazily priced. So just for my alts :) (Though I understand complaints from people who want it for possible future characters, but this is a seasonal event and will return)

I like being able to get this vanity in game, and honestly they made it easy and convenient. I just like it cause its actually white (bright) instead of my drab armor. I hope they continue that.

The area is nice. Visually appealing. Not big, but I think a good size, to fit all the activities in and not have you running half way across the world (though I wouldn't mind an event like that, just make sure the rewards/incentives are worth running around for half a day).
    Though as other peoples have stated, people flower stealing, and then people complaing about people flower stealing; entertaining/amusing at first. Then it just drones on. Have had it happen to me. But I could care less. Missing 10 flowers isn't going ruin me.

Not a big fan of the herding, but it has it moments. Like that epiphany of how to control 2-3 chickens and getting them in the pen without too much running around.

2 outta 3 thumbs up.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I enjoyed the events, though I don't want to do them over and over just to farm mats. Also, kind of hate the flower stealing and pig camping. But I like the area - it's a pleasant change. It was fun getting surrounded by trolls and fighting my way out.

Last week, I griped about how all of the profession icons are male. Lo and behold, we finally get a female icon, and what does she do? She cooks and makes party favors! Not to mention that she looks like a Barbie doll (where is the female orc smith, huh?) Wow, Neverwinter devs, REALLY? Do you have no women on staff, or are you doing this deliberately just to insult your female players? I would almost laugh, it's so ludicrous.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I love stuff like this! Hope we get to see more fun reoccurring events like this and the Lliira one!

Like like the events also specially when they actually work right. And anything you get at them work proper also.
    I do like this event so far at least its interesting abit.

So actually i have to say they did a pretty good job. Only thing i dont like is that big boss troll you get nothing for killing it? Whats the point then. Or is that a bug and your supposed to get something
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just getting the clothes then i'm done. weapon skins are really nasty. :p
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like the pants. Don't care for the hat. Haven't noticed what the top looks like on a male. I want the pig pet. Disappointed that the mounts are only 50%...I was hoping for at least 80% but since they are free I didn't expect they would be.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    Last week, I griped about how all of the profession icons are male. Lo and behold, we finally get a female icon, and what does she do? She cooks and makes party favors! Not to mention that she looks like a Barbie doll (where is the female orc smith, huh?) Wow, Neverwinter devs, REALLY? Do you have no women on staff, or are you doing this deliberately just to insult your female players? I would almost laugh, it's so ludicrous.

+1kkk, nice to see that I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. Although when it comes to female orc smith, you can see her on the picture on the background of the gateway. But still, it's not the same, and the message is quite clear. I don't think devs intended to insult anybody, it's like the many things they did - they simply didn't give much thought to it, or didn't give any thought at all. I mean, when community manager congratulates exploiters without considering the outrage it will cause, you don't expect the designers to depict artisans in-game as anything but middle-aged white human. Oh, and a party grrrll sunite acolyte? Why not, girls like cooking and parties, right right?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why don't have it like a real Sune festival! *wink wink*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I used the suggestion of transmuting my peasant top to look like the festival garb, and it worked like a charm! I'm also happy to see that the transmutation cost was nice and low. You guys should learn from this and greatly reduce the transmutation cost for the weapon skins, too.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So I used the suggestion of transmuting my peasant top to look like the festival garb, and it worked like a charm! I'm also happy to see that the transmutation cost was nice and low. You guys should learn from this and greatly reduce the transmutation cost for the weapon skins, too.

I actually have a question regarding the transmutation of these particular items. Uncommon sunite clothes have a timer on them (and they also called "temporary"), transmuting obviously removes this timer. Now, an extremely serious question:

Is it an exploit? Should I feel bad for wanting to do it? I want somebody with a clue about such thing to answer me, please. If it's not intended, devs should really remove the option to override timer with transmutation or at least warn the players by adding explanation to the items' tooltips.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Someone yesterday suggested it was an exploit and the community manager removed the post. It may be that the temporary garb shouldn't be transmutable, I don't know. I have transmuted my peasant top but if they weren't supposed to be transmutable then I expect to see my tiefling back in peasant garb after a fix, or perhaps once the festival is over. For now, she is enjoying being Cinderella for a day.

9mhm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Someone yesterday suggested it was an exploit and the community manager removed the post. It may be that the temporary garb shouldn't be transmutable, I don't know. I have transmuted my peasant top but if they weren't supposed to be transmutable then I expect to see my tiefling back in peasant garb after a fix, or perhaps once the festival is over. For now, she is enjoying being Cinderella for a day.

Actually, it seems that rare versions of this set (pants are lvl 3 craftable, top can be bought from the merchant) looks exactly the same. So I'll just stay on the safe side and get these. Thanks for your input! Your character looks nice :)
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thank you. The headgear and pants are both craftable permanent versions that I made. I am hoping they didn't give us everything at once and that permanent garb will be available to craft during the latter parts of the festival :cool:
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How about transmuting these sunite clothes into the peasant clothes?
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I actually have a question regarding the transmutation of these particular items. Uncommon sunite clothes have a timer on them (and they also called "temporary"), transmuting obviously removes this timer. Now, an extremely serious question:

Is it an exploit? Should I feel bad for wanting to do it? I want somebody with a clue about such thing to answer me, please. If it's not intended, devs should really remove the option to override timer with transmutation or at least warn the players by adding explanation to the items' tooltips.

I don't know...in the name of quickness and since I was short on materials at the time, I crafted the temp top for my DC and transmuted her (bound) peasant tunic to look like it. She has never worn her peasant garb (beyond first equipping it when I was new and it didn't occur to me to sell it) because it does not look flattering on her, so I'm happy to have another use for it that she'll actually enjoy. I'm crafting permanent stuff and saving a bunch of petals to buy the permanent tops and mail them to my three alts; since I don't have a lot of time to devote to playing right now, it's more efficient for me to let my DC do most things and share the love with my alts by mail. I don't think any of this is really an exploit so much as it is a different way to get the same-looking item.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it's good how they do all of these events. I've got 5 characters all with the head and bottoms crated. Had to remove the peasant clothes since even transmuted I wouldn't want to be reminded of how common they came from :P. I've got a waterskin on one of my characters so far and aim to get them for my other characters. I am now wondering if you got 3, could you toss water balloons more frequently. That would be fun. Hoping for a snowball one for winter! I also want to craft other stuff, maybe to sell on the AH at a future point.
  • Options
    steamsharksteamshark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want the pig companion so I can name it after my ex-girlfriend.:D
  • Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    I just love this event. It's fun and silly and adorable and I'm having a blast. :D

I feel the exact same way! Furthermore, the contests have improved my control over my character. Learning the precise oblique angle at which to herd a chicken has had unexpected benefits.

I think the pigs are awesome. If they had offered a pig in a Zen pack I'd have bought it.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here are some pics of my characters in the event garb:

GF dye kit:
    stabby2.jpg

Original colors:
    stabby1.jpg

CW dye kit:
    Taliana3.jpg

TR dye kit:
    Dawn1.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I understand now why people get mad over "flower-stealers" when I didn't understand before. My level 41 halfling CW almost got killed because some level-60 something-or-other took flowers from under her while she was busy slaying the mob guarding them...and proceeded to aggro the other four or five mobs in the area that then raged on my CW all at once while he/she escaped. Less than 10% of HP left and a fallen companion cleric by the time I got back to the NPC flowerguards for safety -- and guess what, no flowers for all the trouble of it. Not cool. -.-

It would be nice if others were polite enough to go to a different patch when they see someone who's very obviously engaged with a mob over a flower patch. I don't care if you take one flower from under me but I DO care if you almost kill me over it.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My pig companion glitches my sound when its summoned.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There's a rumor in the Festival zonechat that peasant garb transmuted to the temp festival garb will disappear after the event ends. Is that true? I've crafted all the pants and I'm gathering the petals to earn the shirts anyway, but it would be nice to know for a PSA in the zonechat.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @Bioshrike thanks for posting the pics of various dye effects. Very helpful :)
    Do you know what colours are in a Celestial Dye Pack.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone know if the Petal Shop items or mounts will change half way through Festival?
    Any word on additional or different events?
  • Options
    whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The event is boring after a few days. It just becomes a grind fest, unless you RP it. By the third day, there isn't really anything left to do. Just log in, get your blessing token and log into a better game. They should of added something more.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    they should have introduced a progressing storyline, one step a day where you would have to do different stuff, crafting, killing, exploring... whatever. this way it is just boring.
  • Options
    jhuaytajhuayta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *****gut wrote: »
    The event is boring after a few days. It just becomes a grind fest, unless you RP it. By the third day, there isn't really anything left to do. Just log in, get your blessing token and log into a better game. They should of added something more.

This. Still wondering why Sune sponsors a farmer's festival... I think Mask is plotting something here.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When they bring this back next year I hope they'll rethink the flower collecting part. As it is now you have people following around others waiting for them to start fighting the kobolds then they swoop in and collect the flowers.

Hopefully people like that die in tire fires because that's what they deserve for being lowlife scum.