Install Arc
Options

AD is impossible to get.

Comments

• Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    um... double digit IQ...

That's what you must have for making those kinda statements tbh, lol. trolls aside, back on topic: need to be able to make ad!
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But the ppl with 0 effort can and will still make millions.

an ''exp'' speed run exploit group will still make more money than legit players and will still control the market.

Will they make AD at a slower pace? yes but so will legit players as well !!!

Why not FIRST fix ''exp'' exploit speed runs or make it so u can only do only 1 run during DD see how market would be without BOP??

The guys that exploit will still control the drop market and still make tremendous amount of profit from it...
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    LOL the trolls.... they must love to get lucky right swordy swordson??
  • Options
    jonyjonjonyjonyjonjony Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stop saying DD farmers were exploiters.

You know what, i loved to farm DD, but only with exp group because it required toughness, good focus, knowledge of your class, teamplay etc. It was my first MMO and it was not easy to reach this playstyle. I had to learn many things, ask help from more exp players, understand the process and timings of my class etc. That progress was long but enjoyable, social and progressive.

It was not easy to farm DD, many times, i ended up with an average group who could not kill the boss because they were not good enough with their class (and i couln't carry). So i took the habit to add friends whom i know where good dd'ers. They are serious guy with a good spirit of mind, willing to help, matures, and it's fun to play with them as pro as possible (i don't mean we are pro).

It was not easy to earn big amount of ad. I used to play several hours a week and my sole goal was to farm, either dd chest or coins (grym essentially) to sell gears. I was happy when i got a shadow weaver piece that i could sell 80 k or more but most of the times i earned <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff that could be sold 5 k or less. It took me more than a month to get enough ad to convert in zen and buy a ioun stone. My next plan was to earn enough to buy a 3,5 K zen mount (1.3 M or more ad) and it would have taken a lot of weeks before i could reach that amount of ad.

That farm gave me adrenaline and was very addictive. It was not as profitable and as easy as some ppl in this thread are saying it was.

But now, it's all gone and i feel bored. Please, someone tell me where i could find a rewarding hard and fun challenge in that game today.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Pre-clearing is not only perfectly fine, it's intended. per devs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

You know what, i loved to farm DD, but only with exp group because it required toughness, good focus, knowledge of your class, teamplay etc. It was my first MMO and it was not easy to reach this playstyle. I had to learn many things, ask help from more exp players, understand the process and timings of my class etc. That progress was long but enjoyable, social and progressive.

It was not easy to farm DD, many times, i ended up with an average group who could not kill the boss because they were not good enough with their class (and i couln't carry). So i took the habit to add friends whom i know where good dd'ers. They are serious guy with a good spirit of mind, willing to help, matures, and it's fun to play with them as pro as possible (i don't mean we are pro).

It was not easy to earn big amount of ad. I used to play several hours a week and my sole goal was to farm, either dd chest or coins (grym essentially) to sell gears. I was happy when i got a shadow weaver piece that i could sell 80 k or more but most of the times i earned <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff that could be sold 5 k or less. It took me more than a month to get enough ad to convert in zen and buy a ioun stone. My next plan was to earn enough to buy a 3,5 K zen mount (1.3 M or more ad) and it would have taken a lot of weeks before i could reach that amount of ad.

That farm gave me adrenaline and was very addictive. It was not as profitable and as easy as some ppl in this thread are saying it was.

But now, it's all gone and i feel bored. Please, someone tell me where i could find a rewarding hard and fun challenge in that game today.

This is so very true. running them as fast as possible, the fast-paced combat, it was fun. and addictive indeed, but now...
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Bound loot is TERRIBLE. They better reverse that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It was already hard enough to make AD in this game, now this? So bad.

I don't even care about selling it for AD in the AH, I miss being able to gather it for my guildmates who don't have as much time to do dungeons like I do.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's what I think is going to happen... This game is about ready to get seriously hacked. With Cryptic killing any valid means of creating wealth, enter the hackers. It happened once before with the AH getting seriously hacked. Unless Cryptic does something to appease their player base, we're going to see a lot more of it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    PW will just print more?

PWE and Cryptic don't directly interfere in the AD/Zen exchange at all. This was confirmed several times on the STO forums.
    icedmocha4 wrote: »
    Raise the amount of AD you can refine a day or something , 24k isnt just enough if you are going to make players use the salvage system more for AD. Bind of pick up screwed the market , seriously TR CN weapons are 2.2mil each ? ? ? ?
    veramis wrote: »
    Are they going to raise the 24k rough ad refine cap? I'm having a lot less fun with the game now because no point trying to make more than 24k a day and my friends and I don't do dungeon delves anymore because we already have our armor sets.

The last response to a request to a Dilithium rise on STO was that they wouldn't consider raising the cap there until most players were regularly hitting the 8K cap. You can assume that the same rule will apply here.
  • Options
    blasphemous7blasphemous7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got to page 2 and couldn't believe the sheer amount of whining going on in this thread. To the OP, seriously man, you don't want to rank Leadership because it isn't fun? Are you kidding me? It takes, on average, 1 - 2 mins to collect and requeue. You essentially made a thread because you can't find 2 minutes (AT MOST) in your day, to queue up Leadership tasks.

Here's the real deal: You are talking like a cash player. Why? Because THAT is exactly why people pay real money for this game; so they do NOT have to spend 2 minutes queuing profession tasks.

You are ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I got to page 2 and couldn't believe the sheer amount of whining going on in this thread. To the OP, seriously man, you don't want to rank Leadership because it isn't fun? Are you kidding me? It takes, on average, 1 - 2 mins to collect and requeue. You essentially made a thread because you can't find 2 minutes (AT MOST) in your day, to queue up Leadership tasks.

Here's the real deal: You are talking like a cash player. Why? Because THAT is exactly why people pay real money for this game; so they do NOT have to spend 2 minutes queuing profession tasks.

You are ridiculous.

Excuse me? in what world is leadership tasks significant AD to you? It's a nice bonus, but certainly not a good income. besides, i want to work on my goals while playing a game, not log in and invoke/spam leadership tasks for 5min then have nothing to do for the rest of the day. and no, i'm not doing the dailies because they're a horrible excuse for an income.
  • Options
    blasphemous7blasphemous7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Excuse me? in what world is leadership tasks significant AD to you? It's a nice bonus, but certainly not a good income. besides, i want to work on my goals while playing a game, not log in and invoke/spam leadership tasks for 5min then have nothing to do for the rest of the day. and no, i'm not doing the dailies because they're a horrible excuse for an income.

What it sounds like is that you want to skip the BS parts of the game... yeah, that's the F2P model. You want to skip the line, you pay for that privilege.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What it sounds like is that you want to skip the BS parts of the game... yeah, that's the F2P model. You want to skip the line, you pay for that privilege.

No F2P game does not have the option to make money in-game. (not in my experience anyway, until now.) That is a very flawed game-plan and neverwinter will sink like a rock with it. You can give me the proffession and daily bs all you like, but the reality is that you can't farm/aquire AD at even the slightest decent pace in-game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No F2P game does not have the option to make money in-game. (not in my experience anyway, until now.) That is a very flawed game-plan and neverwinter will sink like a rock with it. You can give me the proffesion and daily bs all you like, but the reality is that you can't farm/aquire AD at even the slightest decent pace in-game.

You have got the be kidding me... you CAN make money, just not at the rate of paying players. Hence, the F2P model.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You have got the be kidding me... you CAN make money, just not at the rate of paying players. Hence, the F2P model.

And i'm fine with that. But there are limits for how hard doing it the "f2p way" is supposed to be. I'm guessing you're an actively paying customer because you fail to see how bad the situation really is.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pre-clearing is not only perfectly fine, it's intended. per devs.

Skipping forward to past half/more of the dungeon, tossing the boss off a cliff, and getting the "finish a dungeon run" bonus 4-5+ times in one DD event..... not so intended.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And i'm fine with that. But there are limits for how hard doing it the "f2p way" is supposed to be. I'm guessing you're an actively paying customer because you fail to see how bad the situation really is.

I actually bought the Feywild pack and have not spent a dime from it. Prior to that, I bought the Guardian pack and outfitted my 3 toons in standard, nothing special, purple gear and still have AD left over from it. I actually have about 500k worth of earned leadership resources on the AH right now and have not used AD to speed up anything. I did the same task over and over and over and have multiple hundreds certain resources. So while yes, I am a cash player, I have not really benefited the way you are implying. Top end gear, unless you're willing to spend $100's of dollars, is something you have to earn, which is what I am doing.
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    11 pages, I'm sure this is a dead topic. Real quick answer: Salvage. I made 250k in Rough AD the 1st day. If that can't buy you something, well then you are already geared out and mad because you can't afford top Tier stuff or Greater or better enchants. In which case, spend real money for Zen to AD. Farming is really, really lame anyway, and there are already Chinese farmers doing it better.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    11 pages, I'm sure this is a dead topic. Real quick answer: Salvage. I made 250k in Rough AD the 1st day. If that can't buy you something, well then you are already geared out and mad because you can't afford top Tier stuff or Greater or better enchants. In which case, spend real money for Zen to AD. Farming is really, really lame anyway, and there are already Chinese farmers doing it better.

It's 11 pages because people care. The hell should i care if you had 30 purples pre-patch or have been opening tymora boxes?
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's 11 pages because people care. The hell should i care if you had 30 purples pre-patch or have been opening tymora boxes?

Maybe you should care. I know a thing or two about economics, so knowing BOP and Salvage was coming, I purchased a bunch of cheap T2 stuff (Brutal Scimitar for as low as 2.5k AD, then Salvaged for either 8 or 10k (can't remember). I was ahead of the patch because I read the forums. :o
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe you should care. I know a thing or two about economics, so knowing BOP and Salvage was coming, I purchased a bunch of cheap T2 stuff (Brutal Scimitar for as low as 2.5k AD, then Salvaged for either 8 or 10k (can't remember). I was ahead of the patch because I read the forums. :o

Don't overwhelm his intellect with logic, the person seems to be very greedy. And greed tends to be making people go blind for what's really important.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Lol, in your post you made it sound as if you made those AD's after the patch without preparing. and that's what this is about, the ability to make ad at the moment, not whether or not you bought purples for 2k before patch... even i did that
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Don't overwhelm his intellect with logic, the person seems to be very greedy. And greed tends to be making people go blind for what's really important.

EGAH...! Excuse me for wanting to improve the system in this game? Sheesh!

Edit: lol at your sig, too bad you can't grind in this game
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    no one wants to play a lonely game and wales prefer too have people too to flaunt there uber gear around with out the wales no one can play for free its like some kind of mantra

What do the Welsh have to do with this?

itpaladin.png

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    What do the Welsh have to do with this?

1 pt to itpalg ... whales, not Wales
    on the topic,

Champions refine limit is 8k per day, 16k for 1000 days subscriber. yes the refine limit upgrade is a 3 year Vet reward.

items buyable with Q start at 11k, Travel powers are 150k, good gear is 150k of which you need 3 per character.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    epiccritepiccrit Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a free player and things aren't even close to bad if you're smart or dedicated. If you're impatient, well, you've picked the wrong genre entirely. And even new MMO's are catering to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    epiccrit wrote: »
    I'm a free player and things aren't even close to bad if you're smart or dedicated. If you're impatient, well, you've picked the wrong genre entirely. And even new MMO's are catering to you.

Then tell me what kinda enchantments you use, i'd be interested to know. (armor and weapon)
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Skipping forward to past half/more of the dungeon, tossing the boss off a cliff, and getting the "finish a dungeon run" bonus 4-5+ times in one DD event..... not so intended.
    So fix the exploits in the dungeons instead of introducing the laziest and most obvious cash crab change possible? Fixing the dungeons would have been an amazing fix to the influx of items. But that was just a thinly veiled attempt to make players think the change was for them.
  • Options
    epiccritepiccrit Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In my orb, I have a lesser fire enchant, a rank 5 radiant, and in my armor, I have a rank 5 Savage. Also note, I have not spent 1 astral diamond on enchants, not even to pull out of an item I'm vendoring, so that question is kind of pointless.
This discussion has been closed.