test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

not sure what to play

kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
been playing for awhile, this update brought in alot of nerfs, reading threads saying this and that, just wondering what class should i play since the nerfs or just stay with my cleric? Like to hear peoples thoughts

whats still fun to use, i don't care for pvp, prefer pve
Post edited by kyotheman9000 on

Comments

• hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, kyo, no wisdom from me. I have the same question! :) Any sages out there?
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PLay GWF , I heard that they are pretty good right now .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
    edited August 2013
    I'm frankly a little bit of a thug, at heart. GWF looks potentially thuggish.
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cw all the way

groups already are running 3/4 cw + cleric as this is most effective due to all the pve nerfs
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the input...I'm reading up on CWs now. I always worry about early-game squishiness with mages but I try to smarten up and tough it out while wearing my big-girl underpants.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2013
    Try everything imho :) I'm on my 3rd char atm and gonna try rest of classes also due the autumn. Every class got it's points and you shouldn't regard too much to forum bashing of what's good and bad.

Though I'm a new player also, but just figured that to me atleast, it's been fun to try various classes.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have all the classes at lvl 60 but I want a race change token so I can play drow and no I don't want to reroll.:confused:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I primarily play a DC, and I was a bit worried that the nerfs would make the game less fun - in fact, I had even planned to semi-retire my DC, but you know what ... it's really not that bad.

My advice - ignore the forum, just select the class that appeals most to you and enjoy it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Play what you like..Some are slower to lvl. DC example if solo. There will always be the Nerf flavor of the month..it will all work out is my belief. Just for PvE. Don't get into all the PvP pew pew stuff.. But I gather thats a way to lvl fast???? My Dad, brother and I just play classes we like and races we like..no maximum potential stuff. Just go with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Depends entirely on your focus. Play each class to ~11 or so (you don't get your final mechanic until 10, so you might as well stick it out a bit further) and see what fits your playstyle. Do note that some classes do better in some areas then others - if you're worried about being effective in both PVP and PVE, you might want to stick with CW or TR. In PVE, the only class that has a problem (real and perceptive) is the GWF.

All in all, though, play what jives with how you do things and focus on that. The opinions of others are just that - opinions. Personally, I'm just playing CW/TR until the next class reveal (which we have solid guesses at but no real hard data).

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]