test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130812b.8

Comments

• bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Back on Allods Eu, patch day come, any problems and have a GM there ready to relay any information on any hold backs or anything to the players, PWE just let us sit here an assume anything, great job, look forward to not hearing anything from you

If that is what you think PWE doing? Fine! By first let me tell you story about my uncle, first. He was a great man. He always value his
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • forumborg29forumborg29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The whole thing

Scheduled Maintenance 8-22-13 7AM PDT - Maintenance Extended
    Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Patch notes are available here.

Please also note that Foundry editing, publishing, and reviewing will be down for a little longer than the morning’s maintenance, as we will be republishing all quests in stages to implement the new additions to the Foundry with Fury of the Feywild. You’ll see quests start to populate over the course of the morning, and we plan to have the editor back up by later in the day.

Meanwhile, you can check out all of the cool new stuff in the Foundry here and watch our recent stream with Foundry Producer Rob Overmeyer here!

Thank you!

Update 1 (7:00AM PDT): Maintenance has begun!
    Update 2 (8:00AM PDT): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (9:05AM PDT): Maintenance is complete. Welcome to Fury of the Feywild!
    Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!
  • nievesnieves Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay, so has anyone else gotten an issue where when this thing went live, the graphics for the game went wonky, and looking at the character selection screen was like looking through prismatic fluted glass at the character selection screen? I know I did nothing to alter my graphics before this, so it isn't my end that did this.
  • theloonytoontheloonytoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If that is what you think PWE doing? Fine! By first let me tell you story about my uncle, first. He was a great man. He always value his

then what exactly are they doing lmao.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    then what exactly are they doing lmao.

They, Luke my great uncle, need extram diwn time to make sure we all can enjoy all the meets their needs in training a

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • kinggo102kinggo102 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how much time is this update going to last?
  • dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kinggo102 wrote: »
    how much time is this update going to last?

"Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's see: Hammer of Fate is dealing "too much damage." So far, I can't even kill a minion with a full hit. Now they're removing 40% of the power? Seriously? What else can possibly be done to nerf the DC? Why not remove the power to heal entirely? :mad:

Again not the power itself but the tenes... I've been one shot by it from full health... but I'm pretty sure the DC had Tenes equipped. I think they need to get rid of those **** enchants once and for all... then classes won't seem so "over powered".
  • b1gdaddyplb1gdaddypl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just can't wait how so underpowered will now be (as it wasn't) DC. Man I love Clerics in D&D system but WTF Cryptic? Why U are nerfing it in every patch? WTH did some Cleric killed Your parents or something? This patch - as every other - sucks for clerics. Thanks and good bye.

P.S.
    Do You Cryptic even read Your forums? Listet to that what people say?
  • ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well looks like no rollback so all the lucky ppl who got the nightmare mounts can keep em.
    edited August 2013
    no way... I just read thru the patches details... so much nerfing...and other things like your friends cant give you items that are bought with glory and ... nvm.
    edited August 2013
    Wait I have a question... did people really get to keep the frigging nightmare horses?
  • krillemy1krillemy1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alright i'm just gonna say it: **** you! ''Sun elves in a later update'' ?? what the **** are you doing i've been waiting for this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    I am just do excite to get home for feywill!!!

LPWTQpk.gif

• aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    FINALLY ... a decent sized release of some absurdly overdue and painfully obvious fixes that never should have made it out the door to begin with (broken feats, broken equipment sets, boss skips, etc). Annoying that it took so many months of repetitive pleading by PAYING customers, but better late than never.

Oh, and some new content that actually doesnt require us to hunt down and join guilds that we dont have the slightest desire or need for ? How gobsmackingly normal and unexpected.

{continues reading list of fixes}

Oh good grief ... nothing has changed. PWE is clearly still a sleeping-at-the-helm money-grubbing nerf-monger.

* 300,000 AD to upgrade a companion from lvl 15 to 20. *** PUKE *** And how are we supposed to afford that, after repeated nerfs to leadership, and making big ticket crafting and purple drops BOP ? Brilliant - make grinding and crafting even more of a waste of time, and increase pressure to buy lockbox keys and purple companions.

* DC's nerfed even further.

Oh, and those 2m players you keep misleadingly bragging about ? Dollars to donuts that includes all registrations since the start of alpha, the majority of whom are no longer active, or are bots that *STILL* (despite repeated pleas from many) have not been shut down. Let's see you post some stats on the number of CURRENTLY ACTIVE players.

Anyway, I'm done. I've already wasted too much time and money on a game whose main forum makes it painfully clear they dont pay nearly enough attention to their paying customers, and that there's little or nothing in the way of in-house quality assurance testing and/or coding standards.

Bookmark deleted.
    edited August 2013
    aerynn1 wrote: »
    FINALLY ... a decent sized release of some absurdly overdue and painfully obvious fixes that never should have made it out the door to begin with (broken feats, broken equipment sets, boss skips, etc). Annoying that it took so many months of repetitive pleading by PAYING customers, but better late than never.

Oh, and some new content that actually doesnt require us to hunt down and join guilds that we dont have the slightest desire or need for ? How gobsmackingly normal and unexpected.

{continues reading list of fixes}

Oh good grief ... nothing has changed. PWE is clearly still a sleeping-at-the-helm money-grubbing nerf-monger.

* 300,000 AD to upgrade a companion from lvl 15 to 20. *** PUKE *** And how are we supposed to afford that, after repeated nerfs to leadership, and making big ticket crafting and purple drops BOP ? Brilliant - make grinding and crafting even more of a waste of time, and increase pressure to buy lockbox keys and purple companions.

* DC's nerfed even further.

Oh, and those 2m players you keep misleadingly bragging about ? Dollars to donuts that includes all registrations since the start of alpha, the majority of whom are no longer active, or are bots that *STILL* (despite repeated pleas from many) have not been shut down. Let's see you post some stats on the number of CURRENTLY ACTIVE players.

Anyway, I'm done. I've already wasted too much time and money on a game whose main forum makes it painfully clear they dont pay nearly enough attention to their paying customers, and that there's little or nothing in the way of in-house quality assurance testing and/or coding standards.

Bookmark deleted.
    3549321-seal-with-a-concerned-look-on-its-face.jpg
    I am concern about you.

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the free retrain again, I think that's very fair when you make massive changes like this.
    Enchantment: When slotting Enchantments or Runestones, the confirmation dialog no longer shows the Astral Diamond cost to unslot.
    Won't it confuse people even more. I expect some people will slot in shard enchantments expect it to be free and then they find out there's a massive fine... Personally I thought it was already understandable (even though it often was cheaper to buy a new enchantment on the AH than to actually remove it.

I also like the cat cost decrease which actually makes me ponder whether to buy it now. Of course there are other issues. For one since we now have a salvager, bound dungeon chest items and neverembers quest, it will now be easier to hit that 24k cap especially with maxed out leadership, so I think the refinement cap should be raised. There's also the outrageous costs of upgrading companions and mounts. Why upgrade when it's cheaper to buy something from the zen store via exchange?
  • belacbrebelacbre Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys made and age of control wizards!Damage output + tons of cc is just insanly stupid....I see a next big mage nerfing and other OP class incoming.....
  • alphatapiralphatapir Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now this is a two-classes-game: GWF and the rest no-one needs. GWFs are already bragging how they solo Spellplague and how little use there is for those ****ty CWs and DCs and - especially - TRs. A really well done patch that made it out off the box flawlessly and treats everybody equally. What color is the sky over at the devs place who think they have a grip on "roleplaying"?
  • shydo123shydo123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Worst patch ever....delay of a release race, nerfs, normalizations, bugs, exploits, and server shut downs. Pretty sure they only have one guy working on this stuff since all the bugs were reported on the preview server forums but they still made it live. This game if feeling more like a snatch and grab then let to rot type of MMO that seems to be the norm for FTP.
  • treffoiltreffoil Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    got a new glitch it will not let me chose a charature. the enter game tab is blocked by invisable wall. same for buttons on bottom of character selection screen.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lulz..... this thread lost a lot of posts. XD
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I forgot to say. The AD cost for respecing feats. I've already said that it's too high. But I wanted to clarify that using the AD exchange, it's cheaper to buy a respec token and redo everything than just respecing feats. That's with the AD cost at ~380 which is high due to the new content. Another thing I wanted to add was that with buying zen, at least in euros. You actually get less zen per euro the more that you spend. The amount is minimal, but when you're advertising bonus zen making it look like you're getting a better deal for the more that you buy, it's a little misleading. Although it works ok for me since I don't need to worry about buying a big batch of zen, and can buy several €28 batches (I think it was) if I really want. Although still things are pretty expensive.
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    The Foundry search function is broken, doesn't work at all now, cannot find even a single word or string in a title.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WHY THE **** YOU CHANGE THE STALWART BULWARK SET???? NOW THE GF IS USELESS :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Where is the new class? 2 new races and no new class! This game needs more diversity. I am totally disappointed. :(
    +1
    Agree, this game lacks diversity
    SIGNATURE
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Server just went down without warning and there seems to be a maintenance going on. Some warning would have been nice.
  • heuristiclineupheuristiclineup Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the in game warning that the server was going to go down???
    edited August 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Server just went down without warning and there seems to be a maintenance going on. Some warning would have been nice.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?459001-Neverwinter-Evening-Maintenance-08-22-13

Although we didnt get that much warning, but if we get a free race and stuff it's all good. I just hope the downtime isn't too long. I need 1 more of my 5 characters to do the feywild stuff D:. Plus overnight crafting.
  • poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »

In-game there was a 30min, 25,20,15,10,and 5 minute warnings, and on the site there is a sticky in general about an hour before that even. Anywho it's only for an hour, and then we get sun elves among other fixes. Still waiting on offical notes too :p
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.