test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forget the Horses, Where the Hells our new class?

purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm more than a little disappointed that there is no new class. They say they listen to us but if they did we would definitely have a new class (like a Ranger or Druid) and not a new race (moon elf). A lot of people bought the $200 founders pack just for the drow and now they throw that out for free, probably to try and appease the masses from the backlash of the lack of a new class, I wouldn't be surprised to see the spider mounts soon on the Zen shop too.
I love this came but they are really starting to disappoint me and thousands of others on the decisions and developmental direction of this game.

I would like to hear the thought of others on this and would really love to hear why there was no new class or even a date set for a new class yet.
Post edited by purpleorbes on

Comments

• Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They stated multiple times that it was not coming with this update, and would be coming at the end of the year.

(DISCLAIMER: Post fixed - ascii error.)

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm more than a little disappointed that there is no new class. They say they listen to us but if they did we would definitely have a new class (like a Ranger or Druid) and not a new race (moon elf). A lot of people bought the $200 founders pack just for the drow and now they throw that out for free, probably to try and appease the masses from the backlash of the lack of a new class, I wouldn't be surprised to see the spider mounts soon on the Zen shop too.
    I love this came but they are really starting to disappoint me and thousands of others on the decisions and developmental direction of this game.

I would like to hear the thought of others on this and would really love to hear why there was no new class or even a date set for a new class yet.

nice try, my friend, nice try...
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same place that QA is :D
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But somewhere shouldn't have been a sun elf too among the selectable races? I didn't find him/her on the pts, I don't on live
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    But somewhere shouldn't have been a sun elf too among the selectable races? I didn't find him/her on the pts, I don't on live

Sominator stated that's a known bug and they're working on it.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the spider mounts soon on the Zen shop too.

Yep... That happened today. (See here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=964031 ) What a royal F-You from PWE to the people who bought the $200 pack, after being told it's an exclusive mount. Guess we'll be seeing panther companions on the zen store soon...
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rharsin wrote: »
    Yep... That happened today. (See here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=964031 ) What a royal F-You from PWE to the people who bought the $200 pack, after being told it's an exclusive mount. Guess we'll be seeing panther companions on the zen store soon...
    Apparently, the two are "different." One is called "Gilded Giant Spider" and the other is called "Heavy Giant Spider." So obviously, these are two, completely different mounts that have nothing in common with one another, making the $200 founder pack well worth it.

/end sarcasm

With respect to the spider mount, looks like you paid $200 just to get in black w/ red face (vs gold). PWE wins again.
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Apparently, the two are "different." One is called "Gilded Giant Spider" and the other is called "Heavy Giant Spider." So obviously, these are two, completely different mounts that have nothing in common with one another, making the $200 founder pack well worth it.

/end sarcasm

+1 / Like / Kudos
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is nothing stating that there would not be variants of mounts that have at the start being only in the packs. And it was always stated that there would be a free version of the drow.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

/end sarcasm

With respect to the spider mount, looks like you paid $200 just to get in black w/ red face (vs gold). PWE wins again.

One is blue rank 2 and the other is purple rank 3. That's actually a significant difference.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    To those who got the Heavy one with the pack, seriously, don't worry. Your mount looks significantly better and is much bigger as well. The other one just looks like someone riding their kid's toy. Not to mention the rank differences.
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DOn't u read the lead producer letter? End of year it is.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will have to say, they really need to put out some classes not just one. Another Tank and healer is almost a must in my eyes.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    A lot of people bought the $200 founders pack just for the drow and now they throw that out for free

Pretty sure they said all along that the Drow would be exclusive to the founders pack for the first 30 days of release only and then would be released to the general playing public.

Yeah, I bought the founder's pack but the game's appeal quickly wore off for me due to the fact there's no ranger class.

I mean seriously, what fantasy-themed MMO doesn't have a playable archer?

As fun as it was playing as my Trickster Rogue, I likely won't return to the game until such time as they add a playable archer class.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    sunyamsunyam Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well the thing is they said from the start that those that bought the Founders Pack would get a special Drow and a few months later they'd release the normal Drow for everyone else.

Also for the spider mount, not surprised at all. It's not like the new spider mounts are the same. That'd be like getting mad cause you got a horse and later they offered others a different horse.

As for new class I agree 100% tho. I was hoping with the name like Feywild we would get Rangers and/or Druids.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What new class , did I miss something ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Does anybody actually bother to read the information put out by Cryptic? OP if you had bothered to read any of the information posted by Cryptic over the past two months you wouldn't have needed to post your redundant questions, which by the way have only been posted over a dozen times already, search is your friend. While the PW/Cryptic team has made many serious mistakes, they do occasionally post accurate information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited August 2013

/end sarcasm

You forgot to mention that one is rank 3 and the other is rank 2....are you done trolling now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, and aside from the mount being a different rank, nobody paid $200 for just the mount.
  • Options
    sunyamsunyam Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What new class , did I miss something ?

They've had "Coming Soon" under classes since game launched. Think many figured with Feywild we'd see at least one new class. Think it was said or at least rumored there'd be a new class about the same time the normal Drow was released.
  • Options
    kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow, people really spent $200 in virtual items at once into MMORPGs, thoguth i would never see this level of stup... i mean dedication inside a MMORPG!

From myself i would say, forget horses, forget races, and classes also, make a new server, a VIP server where access need a monthly payment (an reasonable amount if you don't mind PWE, not the disgusting outrageous payments you ppl ask for the packs). The point of a VIP server? Make it credit card free, no brought item there, want something? Grind for it, or make quests, daily quests, use professions... well ppl get the idea.
  • Options
    hideto1988hideto1988 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Look at the HotN nerds get mad lolol