test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loving it all

jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Looking forward to new content. Looking forward to new companions which in my opinion are getting better and better. Lastly... looking forward to riding my unicorn!

.... seriously...

:)
Post edited by jupterfist on

Comments

• jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On companion upgrades... wonder after I pay to have the companion upgraded... do they gain any special moves, attacks, etc? I really like the old mage that you can buy...I leveled him up to a L25... but getting him to 30 might really be a good move if he gains some more special abilities? Anyone know?
  • minxybumminxybum Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nothing beats a stone/cat
  • jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Except maybe paper/dog

;-)
    edited August 2013
    LOL smooth
    but cats>dogs im afraid

annd im not sure how paper beats a stone anyway... it degrades so much faster, stone can just sit there for 10 days, weeks, months years and the paper will disappear, and the stone will still stand strong
    edited August 2013
    *I bow to your wisdom*

;-)
    edited August 2013
    Now... seriously... give me the reasons why stone/cat is better than all the other pets? Like for instance the L 25 wizard can blow back all attackers... nice feat. Or how about Lillend? I know the cat buffs you... and the stone is like having more augments that all go to you... is that it... the increase stats on yourself right?
  • apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    jupterfist wrote: »
    Looking forward to new content. Looking forward to new companions which in my opinion are getting better and better. Lastly... looking forward to riding my unicorn!

.... seriously...

:)
    well...sorry to disappoint...but players are limited on how much new content they can play per day. Got about 90 mins out of it today (probably could have done it in 60 mins, but i explored a little). After completing the quests, I'm told by the NPC that I need to come back tomorrow in order to do any more quests. =)

No new pvp.
    No new classes.
    No new paragon paths.
    No level increase for the new level 60 content (what's the point in giving experience in a level 60 zone when level 60 is the cap??)
    Limited access per day to the new content.

Brilliant Cryptic...brilliant.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jupterfist wrote: »
    On companion upgrades... wonder after I pay to have the companion upgraded... do they gain any special moves, attacks, etc? I really like the old mage that you can buy...I leveled him up to a L25... but getting him to 30 might really be a good move if he gains some more special abilities? Anyone know?

All non augment companions have an new ability that is unlocked at level 30.
    edited August 2013
    basically stone/cat are statsticks
    they dont die, and they give you +2-3k stats, depending how you enchant/runestone/equip them
    ie, ancient ring, neck, icon with rank 7s in and some rank 7+ runestones is a huge gain
    before the update and the zen sale, stone (blue one is the only good one) was like 700k~ ad
    and theres no need to upgrade them with the new system

a pet having a knockback is unreliable and can be a hinderance
    lillend has some nice traits but again, it can die xd
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the **** new area you can only do a little bit a day.. in 20min i completed all the quests on each of my toons and cant do any more till tomorrow wtf is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    the **** new area you can only do a little bit a day.. in 20min i completed all the quests on each of my toons and cant do any more till tomorrow wtf is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    rofl I felt the same way. Welcome to Perfect World's World.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well...sorry to disappoint...but players are limited on how much new content they can play per day. Got about 90 mins out of it today (probably could have done it in 60 mins, but i explored a little). After completing the quests, I'm told by the NPC that I need to come back tomorrow in order to do any more quests. =)

No new pvp.
    No new classes.
    No new paragon paths.
    No level increase for the new level 60 content (what's the point in giving experience in a level 60 zone when level 60 is the cap??)

Yeah, this game has been out for 60 days already! I expect fully expanded with new classes, pvp, paths and hours upon hours of content within hours of it's release. That you have had 60 days already with nothing to show for it Cryptic really show you guys are just slackers. I'm so, so mad right now.
    10PM CST

• brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The new zone revolves around daily quests.

I thought everyone knew that?
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    Yeah, this game has been out for 60 days already!
    I expect fully expanded with new classes, pvp, paths and hours upon hours of content within hours of it's release. That you have had 60 days already with nothing to show for it Cryptic really show you guys are just slackers. I'm so, so mad right now
    Incorrect. The gold release was an "arbitrary" date (vs "functional" date, in the sense that there was practically no difference while it was in open beta to it going gold). It was in the same state that it was in during beta for quite some time. Regardless, this is more poor reasoning from you (as was exposed in another thread re: you claiming that only people who make games or are in the industry can critique games).

The game didn't begin to be developed 60 days ago, it's been in development for quite some time (2010). Using such illogicity, we would expect so few classes at launch from WoW, GW2, Rift, EQ2, etc... yet none have so few classes, only NW does. It stands alone in the way it nickel and dimes players to death as well as the design decisions that are made about it. This may appeal to some, but to many others, it doesn't. And to those it doesn't, a sizable group and growing as time goes by as it is usually the vets who grow increasingly frustrated with the game's direction after getting to the end game, it is perfectly reasonable to expect them to voice their opinion, experiences, and "wishlist" of changes in a public arena made for such a thing.
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No new pvp.
    No new classes.
    No new paragon paths.

What made you think we were going to get any of this with this update?

And they give xp to level 60's so we can level our companions.
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    What made you think we were going to get any of this with this update?

And they give xp to level 60's so we can level our companions.
    re: companions, agreed. I forgot about that because I have all my companions leveled (except 1) on all toons (5 level 60's). Exp for companions is important. That being said, the rewards so far in the new content are pretty lackluster both in terms of money + gear.

It makes no sense for the vet 60's to play for reward since our gear is already so much better than anything found in the new content with exception of MAYBE some of the delving required for some of the gear. But even then, it doesn't appear to be better gear than other dungeons (found in core)...it's just "different."

As to why I expected a couple changes...

1) I don't expect any fantasy based MMORPG to not have a ranged fighter at launch. NW is unique in this respect.

2) It was hinted that both a "ranged" class and at least 1 new paragon path was coming in this module (in a dev blog made 2-3 months ago).

3) re: level increase: character development is standard in mmorpgs. End game content that develops characters in NW is severely lacking. There is already a level 60 zone in core. And players who have been playing this for a while (and already have level 60's) are doing nothing but delving or pvp...nothing that develops their character progression other than gear). So what sense does it make to add another level 60 zone? The only benefit would be to allow those who just turned or are turning 60 a choice to go to Whispering Caverns or check out the new content (even though the new content is limited as it is pure "daily" apparently).

This wasn't anticipated to be in Module 1, but it is still a point of disappointment, and is why it is added in the list.

4) pvp needs help big time. With only 2 pvp arenas (1 pvp mode), pvp in the game is boring. Having more arenas and a couple different modes is what the game needs (and most pvp players seem to agree). Gauntlgrym wasn't the solution, it added only more problems and frustration. To my knowledge, Guant is still as unpopular as it was at launch (restricted time, pvp/pve mix doesn't seem to work well, rewards underwhelming for the required length of time to participate, etc...).

Some people are going to like the new content. It is something "new" to do and explore. Some people won't. Not necessarily because they don't like "exploring" new areas, but because it's a replacement of core issues that ought to exist in any mmorpg and do exist in practically all mmorpg's.

==================

TL;DR: PW is adding "icing" instead of finishing the "cake." That's been their "style" with this game from the beginning it seems. They are skipping the core and adding extras. Gaunt is an extra that should have only been included AFTER pvp was fixed and expanded upon. This extra daily content for 60's (Module 1) is an extra that should have only been included AFTER pvp, more class diversity, and more class opportunity (diversity within each class re: paragon paths) was realized.
  • everythingzen79everythingzen79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could they have made the cat or tiger's new stretching groaning noises more annoying? The one handed riding on tigers looks horrible now.
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    Itemization in this game is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I think it doesn't make difference at all, I thought it will change in module but I lol'd, What's the point reward-wise to play 100 hours of grind just to get and 1-2% upgrade of critical chance or damage seriously? To kill monsters 1% faster lol ? Still no real challenge in this game, and this campaing system ...I've made 3 missions in 30min now I have to wait a day to unlock area of different pixels >.<. Therefore the economy is bad I can't imagine how any demand may exist in this game because there is no challenge and every piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear is basically the same and makes so small difference overally.

This is wrong wrong design and it goes into nowhere, the game lacks of challenge and progression.

Sorry for critic but I'm just dissapointed, The game has potential but you are going with it in wrong direction.
    edited August 2013
    ro7shadow wrote: »
    Itemization in this game is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I think it doesn't make difference at all, I thought it will change in module but I lol'd, What's the point reward-wise to play 100 hours of grind just to get and 1-2% upgrade of critical chance or damage seriously? To kill monsters 1% faster lol ?
    Good point.
    Still no real challenge in this game
    I've found the same. I'm going through all these mobs like they were butter. I 3 hit most mobs with my TR...who isn't specced for dmg or crit...but RECOVERY because I went "infinite stealth" for pvp "kicks and giggles". So even with this "for fun only" build, I have zero trouble with any new mob I've encountered thus far. I'm hoping it will get more challenging, but knowing the game has been designed from the start (and leveling all classes to 60 as I have), I'd be surprised otherwise.
    and this campaing system ...I've made 3 missions in 30min now I have to wait a day to unlock area of different pixels
    lol yeah, apparently it's all daily based. This may have been stated clearly in an announcement somewhere, but I sure didn't see it.
    This is wrong wrong design and it goes into nowhere, the game lacks of challenge and progression.
    It's an example of putting icing on an unfinished cake.

Get the foundation laid first, expand as needed to make it strong and varied to retain interest, THEN add the extra bells and whistles.

PWE or Cryptic or whoever...does the exact opposite...throwing on as much icing to cover up the half-baked foundation.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They could have explained it better, I agree, but the campaign system was always going to be similar in some ways to STO's rep system -- that is a system which gives benefits (gear, attribute enhancements, etc.) for building up in a tree based on dailies. That's what the campaign system was going to be. It should have been explained better, I agree. I think they were tinkering with it for quite a bit right up to the time before release, because the mobs are easier than they were when I tested it a few weeks ago on Mimic (my gear is the same, I think my cat maybe leveled 1-2 levels since then), and some of the dailies have been removed, and the currency requirements look to have been changed a bit.