test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What a Nightmare

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Can someone explain why will there be no rollback? I wasn't able to log in earlier so...yah I'm very jealous, that's why I'm asking for a roll back xD. I believe the economy might be affected because of this bug and flame horse would be more cheaper in AH and those ppl who are selling them would rly get angry cos of that bug. It's also not cool and fair for those ppl who bought an epic mount instead of relying on their luck in lockboxes. Wouldn't that be irritating to see many flaming horses scattered around protector's enclave?

Nope, especially not the Devs.
  • willstanwillstan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pstyle151 wrote: »
    If you're a female feel free to pm me for my number ;) and loot for pics on mindflayer! :D

you really are desperate aren't you...
  • natalanenatalane Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't see how they 'stole' from previous. Im pretty sure somewhere in the end user agreement etc changes to game can and will happen, and if that included the drop chance of an item in something that's their changes to make regardless.

It's a bad situation but everyone is taking it personal. I used keys, i bought zen, i don't have a mount and frankly, i don't care.
    I know money comes and money goes but at end of day i cant be bothered about a flaming horse in a videogame, as long i can kick back, have a coffee, eat a shrimp salad and have a good evening, i'm perfectly fine. And no horse doesn't ruin it for me.

All this is just a disease, alot of people completely losing touch of what's important in life and what is not.
  • mier1012mier1012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    natalane wrote: »
    Don't see how they 'stole' from previous. Im pretty sure somewhere in the end user agreement etc changes to game can and will happen, and if that included the drop chance of an item in something that's their changes to make regardless.

It's a bad situation but everyone is taking it personal. I used keys, i bought zen, i don't have a mount and frankly, i don't care.
    I know money comes and money goes but at end of day i cant be bothered about a flaming horse in a videogame, as long i can kick back, have a coffee, eat a shrimp salad and have a good evening, i'm perfectly fine. And no horse doesn't ruin it for me.

All this is just a disease, alot of people completely losing touch of what's important in life and what is not.

Best post in the thread right here.
  • iamnotjasoniamnotjason Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for keeping us updated with the news devs
  • gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, it amazes me how arrogant some f*cks are over the misfortune of certain individuals and the wrongdoing that has been committed towards them. They should be ashamed of themselves. Instead of some support for the loss, they laugh. This is the most pathetic and sad community I've encountered.

Very sad.

lighten up guy... its a GAME..... things go wrong so what.. I dide 6 time yesterday HO HUM we are playing here thank you........ and its all fun really... GET THAT? F U N peace-out
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They probly made a bunch of cash from it. Lots of people bought a bunch of keys to open the boxes. What do you think they are going to do. Give money back to people. LOL Hahahaha YA right get real. This was a so called "exploit" that they made money on. Who knows maybe they left it not fixed just to sell more keys.
  • grovelkgrovelk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    EDIT 3: SERVER BACK UP
    EDIT 3: SERVER BACK UP
    EDIT 4: on dragon server, thousands of messages were going by saying people got mounts.

There is no rollback, so what will happen to these mounts and their owners?

EDIT: Sry my english is bad,

I meant keys will replace mounts, IE: Refunded keys for each mount

---

EDIT 2:

This is the best thing cryptic can do:
    janr92 wrote: »
    Bind it .
    janr92 please apply to Cryptic team b._.b
  • tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unacceptable to not roll back....totally unforgivable
  • discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    Want to know why i am mad? At this last weeks event i opened 220+ lockbox and no mount, i had to buy it from AH for 1 million AD. Wasted horribly lot zen and diamonds!

But now they could get it for free, and not just 1!! They got 4-100 mount each! ... This is unforgivable that they let them get away!

Sounds like youre mad at yourself for (supposedly) spending $220 on a free game and now you want to get some kind of revenge by punishing these exploitive <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yes, Cryptic will read the logs and find people who got these mounts; no it won't alleviate your gambler's remorse.
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If droprate was accidentally set to be high, is it considered exploiting to open boxes? I don't get all the posts complaining about exploiting if the droprate was programmed to be that way.
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    kvet wrote: »

That's 40mins old information. I knew there weren't going to be rollbacks when I posted this thread. You so quick.
  • kronn2kronn2 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're going to quit playing a game you like because other people got free stuff? Go see a head doc.
  • smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry guys. Super cheap inferno nightmares on AH soon!
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    gek1956 wrote: »
    lighten up guy... its a GAME..... things go wrong so what.. I dide 6 time yesterday HO HUM we are playing here thank you........ and its all fun really... GET THAT? F U N peace-out

Exactly, it's a game, but I won't see my money, and when I saw this "nightmare giveaway" coz of which I lost so much money........

no comment.
  • wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well someone's got to clean 'em up, my friends
    Bodies on the highway
    Law and order upside down
    Someone's got to collect their odds and ends
    As a service to the town!
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They will be rich(er).
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious to see how cheap they get on the AH!
  • tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Wellcome to neverwinter, exploit away we don't mind just give us some $$ and do what you like". Not rolling back is worst experience in game for me, pushed me to actually quit the game.
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bind it .
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They probly made a bunch of cash from it. Lots of people bought a bunch of keys to open the boxes. What do you think they are going to do. Give money back to people. LOL Hahahaha YA right get real. This was a so called "exploit" that they made money on. Who knows maybe they left it not fixed just to sell more keys.

They did it when there was an AD exploit and they bought all zen from zen sellers!
  • greenan2greenan2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mier1012 wrote: »
    Best post in the thread right here.
    Agreed!
    If you're that worried about a flaming horse in a video game then you probably need to step back and re-evaluate.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you realize how many keys people bought? THEY.MADE.A.KILLING today. Beyond their wildest dreams.

"OHMIGOD, BOSS BOSS! Someone forgot to reset the percentage for Nightmare Infernos and now everyone's buying keys and getting hundreds of them per person! Should we do an immediate rollback?!"

"WHY YES, OF COUR- wait... did you say... *Buying*.... lockbox keys in the hundreds?!"

"Y-yes, sir?"

"Rollback? Are you out of your corn fed mind?! There shall be nothing of the sort! Our profits have spiked beyond our wildest expectations!"

"B-but sir! This isn't morally right! Think of the economy!"

"Johnny, you're getting a raise!"

"HELL YES! F**k the economy! Yahoo!"

True story.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you buy keys for a chance to win nightmare horse,not a guarantee to win one,just the chance to,like a slot machine,lawyers would laugh.
  • szypek15szypek15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExgFD8UYwfM

Fitting song :D

edit: I see I wasn't the first to come up with this :P
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Known by the player base yes, but given the bugs that remain from other feedback on Mimic, by the Devs no, it is apparent that feedback has a missing link, otherwise the lockbox chance, cannot whisper and other weeks old reported bugs would not have got to the live patch!
  • mier1012mier1012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The market will be flooded and you can get a shiny new purple mount for less than 50k AD in just a couple of days. That is less than the current price of a key. Enjoy.
  • grovelkgrovelk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    janr92 wrote: »
    bind it .
    haha this^
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nothing will happen. Most people paid money for the keys. They wont refund money they got from this. No one has said this was an expliot from cryptic anyway. This was a money maker for cryptic makes you think maybe it was on purpose. Great way to make some money. It was a known issue from test servers.

I would like to know how much cryptic made from this nightmare

And saying these people exploited this nightmare is wrong. Cryptic knew about it. Why didnt they post on the patch notes if you did this it was an exploit. Maybe the percent chance was supposed to be increased to sell more keys?
This discussion has been closed.