test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 8-22-13 7AM PDT

Comments

• bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Can one of the game's staff or dev team confirm that a rollback will be the action you will be surely taking? otherwise it is just ridiculous that you are letting some players keep literally dozens of T3 mounts due to taking advantage of what was obviously a bug which is as far as I know against the games TOS , sorry for sounding like some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but the rules are there for a reason.

I don't get why it's an issue. It's not like they will be able to sell them for any decent amount of AD. I am guessing the horsies will be worth the same amount as the key used to open the box after what happened.

Mind you, that does screw anyone who had a heavy inferno up for sale on the AH.... hmm wonder if it would affect the price of the heavy mystics too. If it does then I agree, rollback :P I had one of those up for sale lol
  • soultribe02soultribe02 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My question is why this bug came to live shards when the bug itself was reported 6(!!!) days ago?!
    I thought the NW staff is looking at this part of the forum (because that's why it was opened for...)

Source:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

Greetz
  • mortokermortoker Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dunno about the rest of you but I for once am really happy they;re doing this now and not few days from now. On the 5 minutes I did manage to log in the experience was quite bad and shocking! So its better to have those fixes coming right up and wait a bit more for an enjoyable gaming experience than playing few days with that terrible admin spamming bout ppl gettin infernos every half a sec and what not..
    "Come on you boy child, you winner and loser
    Come on your miner for truth and delusion and SHINE!..."

(Pink Floyd/ Shine on You Crazy Diamond parts VI-IX)
  • killabunnyzkillabunnyz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any one Working at PW.. Please confirm a rollback or just a lock box fix, thx
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow... way to take the fun out of the launch!!!
    Forgive me if I dont care about the lockbox drama. If it was not a hack, then its clearly a screw up on the server/admin/dev side.
    People are talking rollback... ok to when? i just logged in around 9:10 and created my new Moon elf... you gonna blow that out PWE/cryptic?

Why do we need to hear about this from other players?
    Why is this not on their WEBSITE??? LAUNCHER??? A god **** Sticky in the forums??? WTH?

Bad things happen... fine. No excuse for holding up the flow of information to the players.
    You remember... the people who are Buying stuff in your game... Bad form.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lacerik wrote: »
    Ein nightmarenglockspiel!

Nein. Ein Nachtmahrglockenspiel. √
  • komatakiakomatakia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • raistlin00raistlin00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love how their "quick fix" is going to take longer then the entire previous maintenance did. Typical b.s. You screwed up the patch , just man up and admit it. Dont try to sugar coat your epic failure in order to make your mistake easier to swallow. And why would it take 3 hours to fix one bug that they knew about from the test server anyway?? Sounds like they are re-doing the entirety of it raher than just fxing one simple bug.
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Forgive me if I dont care about the lockbox drama. If it was not a hack, then its clearly a screw up on the server/admin/dev side.
    People are talking rollback... ok to when? i just logged in around 9:10 and created my new Moon elf... you gonna blow that out PWE/cryptic?

Why is this not on their WEBSITE??? LAUNCHER??? A god **** Sticky in the forums??? WTH?

Bad things happen... fine. No excuse for holding up the flow of information to the players.

It's all been up on twitter. Which is probably the best place to look for such info.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any one Working at PW.. Please confirm a rollback or just a lock box fix, thx

No rollback :(
  • bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Facebook page says no rollbacks. I'm torn on whether I like this or not. Guess it depends if the heavy saturation of Heavy Infernal mounts is going to drastically lower the price on my Heavy Mystic Mount. I know I wouldn't pay extra for purple flame over orange, but hey, thats just me :P
  • mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As someone who works in tech Support, I want to say thank you to everyone at Perfect World working away on this. These forums are full of complaints and no on ever thanking them.

EDIT: wtf no rollbacks. Servers were only up for an hour. All these people are going to run around with Nightmare Mounts, its not even rare anymore. I guess because the sale of keys went up they cant really roll back.

(also i realize my post starts off with no complaints then changes to complaints)
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They better remove all those horses...

No. The only reason I am playing it is because of the horses. Always felt cape and spade games are silly without horses. Don't touch me horses. Evar. Ya'hear ?
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

3 minutes ago on FaceBook "Neverwinter Nope, we won't be doing any rollbacks! "

I just hope they get it fixed so when i change toons it doesn't log me off... Personally I don't care about the ponies.
  • laceriklacerik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Calm down, how far would the possibly roll it back? The game was only up for 20 minutes, why would they roll back before the launch of the expansion which introduced the bug?
  • vhaotixvhaotix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My question is why this bug came to live shards when the bug itself was reported 6(!!!) days ago?!
    I thought the NW staff is looking at this part of the forum (because that's why it was opened for...)

Source:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

Greetz

Yeah, as soon as I saw that Heavy Inferno spam, I knew at that instant that they never even reviewed the lockbox bug reported a few days ago. Sucks that they could have avoided all this if they actually READ the bug reports from the test shard, however I think that it's too much to ask. *Shrug*
  • alcattlealcattle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    quick fix? 2 hours++, longer than the patch took
  • baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    raistlin00 wrote: »
    I love how their "quick fix" is going to take longer then the entire previous maintenance did. Typical b.s. You screwed up the patch , just man up and admit it. Dont try to sugar coat your epic failure in order to make your mistake easier to swallow. And why would it take 3 hours to fix one bug that they knew about from the test server anyway?? Sounds like they are re-doing the entirety of it raher than just fxing one simple bug.

Calm down you bitter eejit.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Devs are people too, and people make mistakes. You can either get upset over it and ruin your day over something that won't matter in 20 years, or have a good laugh over how absurd it is to have a billion "super rare" mounts everywhere and have patience until it's fixed.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • alphatapiralphatapir Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Taken from F*ceb**k:

Michael Doughty Is there going to be a rollback? I needed to pray - will that be penalized?

Neverwinter Nope, we won't be doing any rollbacks!
  • keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    Why do I feel like the exploiters just got a pat on the back and a cookie (or a few dozen mounts in this case), while anyone who behaved themselves....*sigh* Whelp that's taken all the excitement for the foundry update and Articifing out of my sails, here's to hoping things look better in the morning! :P
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • misterzacmisterzac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if they ain't rolling back I sure hope they delete all the horses gotten during that hour and compensate the owners with a key for each horse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarv10sarv10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    delete all horses and give back the keys. that's the least they have to do
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dammit, did I miss getting 400 free mounts? Darn
  • ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    No. The only reason I am playing it is because of the horses. Always felt cape and spade games are silly without horses. Don't touch me horses. Evar. Ya'hear ?

Lmao see Im not against horses or anything but allowing them to keep all those horses does seem kinda unfair
  • fathomousfathomous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    misterzac wrote: »
    Well if they ain't rolling back I sure hope they delete all the horses gotten during that hour and compensate the owners with a key for each horse.

^ This is very yes
  • ephraimwaiteephraimwaite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game has been full of bugs ever since "open beta". Something like this was bound to happen. There is a graphical bug also - toons appear shiny due to some kind of texture-rendering problem. Wonder if that will be fixed? And don't get me started on the gameplay changes. Disincentives to smart play? Disincentives to continued play at end-game? All to funnel players to the Zen marketplace... Good luck, PWE - you're going to need it.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    No new gateway? I sad... :(

The Gateway background image just changed :D!
    Good luck, PWE - you're going to need it.

Word I'll be dropping this bug ridden, exploit loving, boring professions, zen mongering, pay for each and EVERY little thing game for Wildstar (Coming out at the end of this year hopefully!) This game has become just a time filler for me, until the next best comes out. It's so sad- They make our world pathetically tiny cuz at 60 you can get anywhere from Protectors Enclave, its so lame. You should have to travel far and wide to go to your dungeon and farm mats and stuff.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • tang0tang0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hou long is maitenence?
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone!...
    Update 1 (7:00AM PDT): Maintenance has begun!
    Update 2 (8:00AM PDT): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (9:05AM PDT): Maintenance is complete. Welcome to Fury of the Feywild!
    Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!

Ok so I started out wanting to thank you for keeping us up to date - but sheesh, keep us in the loop. AND what happened? I did wonder why so many mounts were popping up since I read those boxes would be gone. Feels like a caterday like oops and is not cool. Roll back the hour and more importantly to those who keep messing with the game a question: Why ruin things for the rest of us? Do we need 2 servers, one where we actually punish people for taking advantage? Owlbear eats you and your AD =_=

Well my morning is over and I have a job to go to - so guess I will be missing day one. This is not end of the world, but really disappointing, and no i do not need another useless cape. thank you for not asking.

Best of luck and speed to the programmers fixing the issue.
This discussion has been closed.