test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What just happened?

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I had my new Moon Elf 3/4 done and suddenly....server went down for "emergency maintenance"?!? What the H*ll? Who dropped the ball on that one? Now everyone who was doing the same thing will have to start from scratch? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Horses! Horses everywhere! On fire!

<image removed>
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never expect a major game update to run perfectly smoothly, I don't believe that any game has ever had a major content patch update without a glitch..

Take the rough with the smooth, and keep your fingers crossed that the servers come back up again soon :D
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic done goofed.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • creepndeadcreepndead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thats what happens when a bunch of greedy jerks try to take advantage of the system and get horses.
  • terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just made my drow he looked cool hope i can rmember how i made him XD hope the servers come back up soon
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Never expect a major game update to run perfectly smoothly, I don't believe that any game has ever had a major content patch update without a glitch..

Take the rough with the smooth, and keep your fingers crossed that the servers come back up again soon :D

Yep.

I played WAR at launch so I have become a ver patient person (most of the time) when it comes to MMOs and server issues.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all - we've brought the servers down for a quick fix. Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013

theres a difference between not "running perfectly smoothly" and major **** up, whats the point of having public test servers AND the exact same bug being reported 6 days ago, and making it to the live version of the patch? sounds pretty pathetic to me.....
  • silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    creepndead wrote: »
    Thats what happens when a bunch of greedy jerks try to take advantage of the system and get horses.

I wouldn't be so judgmental. This was a KNOWN bug from test that Cryptic through their own neglect did not fix (or fix correctly). I would say that if they know about an issue and then still launch their update and bring servers back online they are the responsible party. I personally believe that there should be no roll back.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't be so judgmental. This was a KNOWN bug from test that Cryptic through their own neglect did not fix (or fix correctly). I would say that if they no about an issue and then still launch their update and bring servers back online they are the responsible party. I personally believe that there should be no roll back.

You could say the same thing about Caturday, as there an almost identical flaw was known from at least one previous game using the same engine.....

Given that this will otherwise hurt Cryptic financially I am pretty sure they will prefer to do a short rollback.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi all - we've brought the servers down for a quick fix. Thanks!

Quick fix or rollback?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never expect a major game update to run perfectly smoothly, . . . . .

Especially when Cryptic is involved. It was only a question of time :P
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't be so judgmental. This was a KNOWN bug from test that Cryptic through their own neglect did not fix (or fix correctly). I would say that if they know about an issue and then still launch their update and bring servers back online they are the responsible party. I personally believe that there should be no roll back.

You got a Nightmare, dont ya, or 5?
  • xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013

In my 20 years long exp in gaming I can say I never saw this big amount of this BIG FAILS!
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013

Major update? Major content?

What world do you live in? There is so little new content in this patch it's pathetic there's any emergency maintenance at all.
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013

You give Cryptic too much credit about this bug.

To know about the bug they'd have to read their forums and their bug reports in-game.

We all know they don't read their own forums anywhere near closely enough.
  • prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually in the first 4 to 5 years I played WoW, Blizzard WoW had at least big fail iirc, they did a major rollback, they accidentally left some tier gear free one time.!!! So they rolled it back!!!
  • prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    You give Cryptic too much credit about this bug.

To know about the bug they'd have to read their forums and their bug reports in-game.

We all know they don't read their own forums anywhere near closely enough.

Yes one would based on the evidence come to that conclusion, care to comment cryptic on how you guys so blatantly miss these bugs when they have been reported and they make it to live server? I would love to understand the process on how you miss these bugs, I might be less critical and more understanding........
  • silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    Yes one would based on the evidence come to that conclusion, care to comment cryptic on how you guys so blatantly miss these bugs when they have been reported and they make it to live server? I would love to understand the process on how you miss these bugs, I might be less critical and more understanding........

They might actually reply if they were reading any of this, but I think that fallacy has been established.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quick fix or rollback?

In this case I expect the quick fix to be a rollback.

How else could it be fixed quickly?
  • forumborg29forumborg29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not looking very quick

Scheduled Maintenance 8-22-13 7AM PDT - Maintenance Extended
    Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Patch notes are available here.

Please also note that Foundry editing, publishing, and reviewing will be down for a little longer than the morning’s maintenance, as we will be republishing all quests in stages to implement the new additions to the Foundry with Fury of the Feywild. You’ll see quests start to populate over the course of the morning, and we plan to have the editor back up by later in the day.

Meanwhile, you can check out all of the cool new stuff in the Foundry here and watch our recent stream with Foundry Producer Rob Overmeyer here!

Thank you!

Update 1 (7:00AM PDT): Maintenance has begun!
    Update 2 (8:00AM PDT): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (9:05AM PDT): Maintenance is complete. Welcome to Fury of the Feywild!
    Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!