test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Must be nice to be a GWF and get a Dev response to issues...

braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
edited August 2013 in The Temple
So let me get this straight...GWF is just one of 3 DPS classes (GWF, TR, CW)...4 if you want to count GF.

You've posted no less than FOUR posts/responses to GWF issues/concerns since you posted the "balance changes" information.

Seriously, I hope there are no Clerics left playing your game to run dungeons with come the 22nd when this releases.

You SERIOUSLY need to respond to Cleric issues with your changes.

I hope that dungeon queues are 30mins to an hour because there are so few Clerics left who were willing to take your adjustment abuse to the class.

Where's some communication to the only healing (lol) class in the game?

You better speak up before more people leave just because you wont talk to them.

Just another nail in the coffin for why I'm for sure leaving this game. No communication. Class favoratism. Flavor of the month crapola.
Post edited by braanu on

Comments

• Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    heh, crapola you say...

tumblr_lo9lx3WyCi1qbub2i.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe a different dev working on gwf compared to dc? I know thats how they do it in other games, so that the fighter dev would not respond/deal with cleric concerns and problems.

But yeah they pretty much ignore the clerics here.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They ignore them in lots of games. Healers/Supporters are the least played classes in many mmos so the devs/GMs/CMs/whatevah choose to soothe and pet other classes either through reviews/posts/anything with a higher playing population. That's what I think it happens anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only played clerics. I have six of them (all different races), with a few being maxed out. I no longer play this game or log in. The upcoming changes to the cleric determined that decision for me.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    Just another nail in the coffin for why I'm for sure leaving this game. No communication. Class favoratism. Flavor of the month crapola.
    I only played clerics. I have six of them (all different races), with a few being maxed out. I no longer play this game or log in. The upcoming changes to the cleric determined that decision for me.

Are you guys on mindflayer? I'm intending to start a cleric as a tank. Did you mind to sell(500AD per piece)/give me your stuffs since you had make the decision? I like the new expansion and the new changes. Cleric are awesome~
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The GWF in me in pleased. The DC, TR and CW in me is all, "Wish that dev worked on all the classes."
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    +1 to GWF post count. That makes 5 communications to GWFs. 1 to TRs. Zero to everybody else.

Here's a good question...why did Cleric changes get announced and preview server'd only 7 days before release to live?

Why didn't it get done at the same time as the TR ones so there could be adequate testing and feedback time?

Do you think it even possible to retract any changes with only 7 days to test, discuss, retract, change code, re-communicate to the players, and re-test again on preview in just 7 days!?!?

Why were such drastic changes back-burnered until the last minute to be released in such a fashion that it cannot be fully tested or un-done?

Where is the Cleric's last minute "oh we forgot to mention all these other good things you'll be getting in the patch, here's more goodies that will make up for it all"?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why? Because cleric changes don't get retracted no matter what we say...silly sausage.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    First off there are 4 roles not 3. These roles are as follows: Striker (TR, GWF), Controller (CW, DC), Defender (GF, GWF), Leader (DC).

Yes I am aware I listed DC and GWF twice there, and that is because they can fulfill 2 roles. Virtuous specced clerics really fill a controller role more with leader role being secondary and Sentinel GWF really fulfil a Defender role and a striker role. So there is some overlap here.

What they are doing is making life more frustrating for the leader spec DC which in turn seems to lead me to believe that the controller (virtuous tree) ones will thrive even more. People are going to have to stop expecting healing from clerics, After this I see that those that plan on sticking with their clerics will probably do so as a controller (these are the ones that are damage dealers) specced ones. I know this is making me lose the desire to play my faithful healing leader spec DC...

What that will do to the game, only time will tell I guess :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alliennallienn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They just test our faith! ;)
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol my DC is pretty much a full-on Faithful spec. ;)

Hopefully we'll get a little attention now that there's a thread in the general gameplay forum. It's staying on the main page pretty well so maybe we'll finally get noticed. Hey, it worked for TRs....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    response or not they never fixed what was broken even though they knew it was
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off there are 4 roles not 3. These roles are as follows: Striker (TR, GWF), Controller (CW, DC), Defender (GF, GWF), Leader (DC).

Yes I am aware I listed DC and GWF twice there, and that is because they can fulfill 2 roles. Virtuous specced clerics really fill a controller role more with leader role being secondary and Sentinel GWF really fulfil a Defender role and a striker role. So there is some overlap here.

What they are doing is making life more frustrating for the leader spec DC which in turn seems to lead me to believe that the controller (virtuous tree) ones will thrive even more. People are going to have to stop expecting healing from clerics, After this I see that those that plan on sticking with their clerics will probably do so as a controller (these are the ones that are damage dealers) specced ones. I know this is making me lose the desire to play my faithful healing leader spec DC...

What that will do to the game, only time will tell I guess :/

Wow, I see the exact opposite. Clerics have to go full on Faithful and max healing options just to be a barely adequate healer. At any other role the fail miserably, and groups are extremely hostile to clerics who focus on anything other the healing for any amount of time. You are a PC-controlled circle bot. You drop circles so others can play the game.

I would absolutely not list DC in the Controller role. We are exclusively Leaders. Part of Leader means being able to do a bit of striking, a bit of control, and a bit of defending. I find we are severely lacking in control and defense, though maybe our damage output is simply "weak" rather than "severely lacking". I wasn't nearly as bad before the nerfs to our Daily damage powers and AP gain.

Chains of Blazing Light? Break the Spirit? Divine Sunburst? Guardian of Faith? (haha) Yeah, these are almost worthless for doing any kind of serious controlling, due to the short duration and being single-target or having a 5 target limit.

Honestly, I am confused how any developed can design a power as simple as Hammer of Fate in such a way that it does "far too much" damage -- to the tune 66% more damage than it SHOULD do. How do you overlook something like that? Oops, guys, we meant to make this Daily power weaker than your AoE encounter. Sorry about that.

Yeah ***-king right. This is obviously a case of someone being setup with debuffs in PvP, and being "one-shotted" by a "healer". Yeah, well, we're not just ***-king healers. We're Leaders. And we should be able to one-shot as well as anyone else. But actually, you weren't one-shotted. You were the victim of being debuffed and had the RNG misfortune of being critically hit three times in a row while you failed to dodge or block. That's right. The hammer rolls crits individually. So to actually "one shot" even with the old damage, you'd need to roll three crits in a row and hit someone who doesn't have the awareness to dodge/block. Or maybe you caught them with no stamina or shield bar. Well, tough luck it happens.

I am just irked. Everyone is whining about the new armor set. Why does it have ArPen? That's useless for a healer. Hey! I bet you didn't know this, but most of our powers are damage powers. In fact, the healing we get from several abilities is based on how much damage we do. Is our contribution so damage so trivial that we just ignore it. Or are our heals so amazing we'd be fools to do damage? The answer to both is no, but it's kinda headed that way with the damage.
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Hey! I bet you didn't know this, but most of our powers are damage powers. In fact, the healing is based on how much damage we do.

Haha funniest thing ive read concerning clerics in a while, you are an expert, nuff said.