test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Brief Survey on our Communications

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey All,

We're running a quick survey to get your feedback on our communications.

If you have a moment, please take the time to fill it out. There's only four questions, and they are all multiple choice. :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7ZQ9PMX

Thank you in advance for providing us with your valuable feedback!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where are the real questions???

Need to improve it's handling of:
      bots spam grouping tools spam bots
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Can we see a bar graph with the results when finished? I would be curious to see where I fit with the "majority" in my feelings about your "Listening to your playerbase"

As entertaining that may be, I expect the results will be for Cryptic's eyes only. Obviously.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The survey itself needs improvement, doesn't work on an iPad. Can't click on any of the buttons at all.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arabatur wrote: »
    As entertaining that may be, I expect the results will be for Cryptic's eyes only. Obviously.

Other companies publish the results of their surveys, but I imagine their results may not be as embarassing as PWE's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think Devs are doing great at recognizing immediate issues to respond to but a lot of topics rise up that are not being attended too. Without a proper roadmap players are left in the dark with what your working on and what your planning to fix. There are dozens of threads and hundreds of posts on things like New Races, New Classes, Race Change, Paragon Paths, ect.. When devs stated prior to launch they are unhappy with how many classes got released and want to remedy that you know they want these classes out the door. Which makes me believe the lack of info comes from higher up the chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we see a bar graph with the results when finished? I would be curious to see where I fit with the "majority" in my feelings about your "Listening to your playerbase"

Hahaha, let's just assume they WON'T show this publicly, which simply verifies what you already assume about the results hahaha.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They pretend to listen to player base, but not really.
    Wehn the BoP ideas was introduced for the first time back in june, they shelved it and said "see we listened" - but what do we have now?

THey said now about the TR nerf (which was partially rescinded), "see we listen" -- but i fully expect them to bring back another nerf to TR.

ANd also now, all the major game changes and nerfs, being release to test 3 days before they hit live, shows that they dont want plalyer feedback about that. THose changes will be on live.
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Other companies publish the results of their surveys, but I imagine their results may not be as embarassing as PWE's.

Nailed it :D:D:D
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm responding to this thread the same way I replied to the email Neverwinter sent me about this.

Your communication sucks. We want more classes, real bosses in the Foundry such as DRAGONS, and the Drow race you were supposed to release a nearly month ago would also be nice too. Too late now though, you won't be getting anymore of my money. Be glad you got eighty bucks for your stupid game with only four classes, and a broken, rigged, severely limited UGC system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Ya right they would never ever do that. Whats the point nothing will change from the poll.
    Needs improviment should of had a lower option "fail" on most of them
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    None of them being bar charts, but nice try...

If someone could just find the forum posts praising their customer support/communication, I'd gladly make a bar graph for everyone. Right now, it would just be a pie chart with a big solid red circle reading "Unsatisfied."

Anyway, my point is, if we aren't allowed to complain about it on the forums, I doubt they'll release feedback about themselves that is of course going to be overwhelmingly negative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    If someone could just find the forum posts praising their customer support/communication, I'd gladly make a bar graph for everyone. Right now, it would just be a pie chart with a big solid red circle reading "Unsatisfied."

Anyway, my point is, if we aren't allowed to complain about it on the forums, I doubt they'll release feedback about themselves that is of course going to be overwhelmingly negative.

Except the entirety of your post is based on supposition, the forums are rarely a place to gain an accurate viewpoint of the playerbase... they are generally full of individuals who's own personal expectations haven't been met. I'd bet quite a lot of money that the majority of the respondees aren't actually going to answer the actual questions asked, but merely use it as a vehicle to vent their frustrations and pet peeves.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Except the entirety of your post is based on supposition, the forums are rarely a place to gain an accurate viewpoint of the playerbase... they are generally full of individuals who's own personal expectations haven't been met. I'd bet quite a lot of money that the majority of the respondees aren't actually going to answer the actual questions asked, but merely use it as a vehicle to vent their frustrations and pet peeves.

When you find these individuals who aren't dissatisfied with the state of the game, and lack of communication, please, refer them to me, so that I may compile more useful data that isn't based on supposition. I'd love to make a bar graph this evening, nothing is more fun than making bar graphs to appease the masses on a forum about a game you no longer play. The thing is, I need data for that. After scouring the boards, all the data I could find was a lot of negative posts about customer support in The Lower Depths. Can you honestly give me an example of good communication from the devs or customer support? I can assure you, they've done nothing in my experience but heavily moderate the posts containing good feedback and suggestions that could have made a big difference in overall customer satisfaction, and reply to customer support tickets with automated responses that have nothing to do with the actual tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ah yes, the ol' "silent majority'.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah yes, the ol' "silent majority'.

He must be referring to all those bots in Protector's Enclave and the PVP arena.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They do well at responding to urgent issues I think and keeping people in the loop on things like server downtime. But they are terrible at general player communication.

The foundry area does pretty well, and they do post a very rare actual post here and there. But if you look at the majority of their communications its empty 1 liners mostly from the community manager just to try and make it look like they are staying in contact.

I do find it rather amusing that about a week before the survey suddenly a load of posts were responded to with those empty 1 liners, perhaps to try and coax a better response to that question lol.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Easy to respond, all 5 points need improvement.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    They do well at responding to urgent issues I think and keeping people in the loop on things like server downtime. But they are terrible at general player communication.

The foundry area does pretty well, and they do post a very rare actual post here and there.
    You know a whole bunch of Foundry missions were unpublished by Cryptic with no notification last week, right? And they haven't said anything about it, even to the authors of the missions. Not even a "hey we had to unpublish your mission."

The reason? Using "profane" words like "child" and "jungle".
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the interests of transparency, please provide the results of the survey.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    In the interests of transparency, please provide the results of the survey.

Even if they would provide them, they'd be moderated like comments on forums. There's simply no way of getting a notoric liar to tell the truth.
  • Options
    oreninorenin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not letting new people to the forums make threads is very annoying. make it so you can make a thread if your character is level 10.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    When you find these individuals who aren't dissatisfied with the state of the game, and lack of communication, please, refer them to me, so that I may compile more useful data that isn't based on supposition. I'd love to make a bar graph this evening, nothing is more fun than making bar graphs to appease the masses on a forum about a game you no longer play. The thing is, I need data for that. After scouring the boards, all the data I could find was a lot of negative posts about customer support in The Lower Depths. Can you honestly give me an example of good communication from the devs or customer support? I can assure you, they've done nothing in my experience but heavily moderate the posts containing good feedback and suggestions that could have made a big difference in overall customer satisfaction, and reply to customer support tickets with automated responses that have nothing to do with the actual tickets.

an unhappy customer is far more likely to share their experience with others than a happy customer. any consumer analyst would agree. and you don't have to go far to find happy customers. they're all playing and grinding while you're posting on the forums.