test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, who here is excited for the expansion?

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Not really. It's so hard to tell when people are being sarcastic, serious or comedians sometimes.

I use this handy dice chart, and roll when I'm unsure.

1: Roll again
    2-5: Poster is completely serious
    6-8: Obvious troll post.
    7-12: Comedy gold, even if not really all that funny.
    13-16: Sarcasm
    17:19: Double points, post is both a troll and funny.
    20: Critical hit, pick any from the list and roll again.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I use this handy dice chart, and roll when I'm unsure.

1: Roll again
    2-5: Poster is completely serious
    6-8: Obvious troll post.
    7-12: Comedy gold, even if not really all that funny.
    13-16: Sarcasm
    17:19: Double points, post is both a troll and funny.
    20: Critical hit, pick any from the list and roll again.
    You forgot the most important one:
    Dice spins directly upward and sticks to ceiling. Will not come down, even when threatened with blowtorch: Poster is Shev.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    You forgot the most important one:
    Dice spins directly upward and sticks to ceiling. Will not come down, even when threatened with blowtorch: Poster is Shev.

You need to use the d100 for a Shev result. And that only comes from a perfect 100 rolled twice.

Or you could look in the mirror of a dark room and speak Shevs name three times backwards to invoke the Shevness.

And right now, only about 5 people on this forum, have any idea what we are talking about. :D
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    It would seem you are VERY EXCITED! I do not blame you for all that excitement, the new expansion looks pretty good and I am sure you will have a blast playing it as will others.
    You must be part of that lower half.
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got my first character to level 60 this week, and I am looking forward to Sharandar -- I love new zones, and the look of this one is really nice.

And the midsummer festival looks to be quite a step up from the other events we've had, so I'm feeling more optimistic about the game than I was a few weeks ago. (I do still want Paragon Paths and a new class soon, though.)
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I guess I will have to be the jerk here and be one of the few who says they are not excited in the least. I am not looking forward to it at all. There is about 15 minutes of content to play your first few days while you get introduced to the waiting game. After a few weeks of wading through all the boredwalls you will have opened all the areas and you will have access to a WHOPPING 1 hour of repeatable content as long as you continuously run all the daily quests. If you only quest in the new area you are back to having only a few minutes of content. By the time you reach the last area you are sick to death of doing the first two areas, so it is a real toss up.

The real scary thing is this content will be available in less than 4 days and it still has lots of bugs. I believe all the nerfs will be going in place at the same time so we are about to get slammed with a bunch of barely tested changes and a ton of new bugs. I really think they need to push off the release another month and work on fixing some of the things that have been broken for ages before they introduce 100s of new problems.

The new content is better than Gaunt, but it is extremely easy and very grindy AND there is barely any reward at the end of this whole journey. For some classes there is no reward because the equipment they already have access to is way better. In my opinion, the new content is just a bunch of recycled garbage and it is a huge AD sink designed to suck money from you as you progress. It cost upwards of 300k to get through the whole campaign and there has been nothing added to the game to help you replace that lost income. If anything, they are making sure it is impossible for a new player to progress without opening their wallet by changing almost everything to BOP.
  • kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You must be part of that lower half.

Sarcasm detection isn't your strong suit, I see.
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I guess I will have to be the jerk here and be one of the few who says they are not excited in the least. I am not looking forward to it at all. There is about 15 minutes of content to play your first few days while you get introduced to the waiting game. After a few weeks of wading through all the boredwalls you will have opened all the areas and you will have access to a WHOPPING 1 hour of repeatable content as long as you continuously run all the daily quests. If you only quest in the new area you are back to having only a few minutes of content. By the time you reach the last area you are sick to death of doing the first two areas, so it is a real toss up.

The real scary thing is this content will be available in less than 4 days and it still has lots of bugs. I believe all the nerfs will be going in place at the same time so we are about to get slammed with a bunch of barely tested changes and a ton of new bugs. I really think they need to push off the release another month and work on fixing some of the things that have been broken for ages before they introduce 100s of new problems.

The new content is better than Gaunt, but it is extremely easy and very grindy AND there is barely any reward at the end of this whole journey. For some classes there is no reward because the equipment they already have access to is way better. In my opinion, the new content is just a bunch of recycled garbage and it is a huge AD sink designed to suck money from you as you progress. It cost upwards of 300k to get through the whole campaign and there has been nothing added to the game to help you replace that lost income. If anything, they are making sure it is impossible for a new player to progress without opening their wallet by changing almost everything to BOP.

What is this about 300,000 AD to play?
    I did not see anything about a substantial AD charge just to play.
    Is this something from the Test Server that they conveniently forgot to mention in the notes?
    Because that quickly turns this from "sounds good" to "I will NEVER play this expansion".
    Or is this the cost of new gear? Because I can live without Epics.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Several of the new campaign tasks cost AD to do, Malabog Key is gold, 50k AD, & some grind 'tokens' (Day 2), the 2 later sub-zones require keys & the boons need gold, AD, tokens & more patience than a saint!

Since the test server is available - copy you character there, open up the hub (15mins) & look at the campaign, everything is there, with costs, gear, where to get it etc.

[sarcasm]And having spent a few weeks on "Mimic", I am really looking forward to doing it all over again with my newly nerfed 1 of each class[/sarcasm]
    edited August 2013
    [sarcasm]And having spent a few weeks on "Mimic", I am really looking forward to doing it all over again with my newly nerfed 1 of each class[/sarcasm]

I feel your pain. I quit playing it on the test server last week because it is just too boring and I know I have to do it all over again. I am really contemplating just skipping it. I would like the buffs but I have 5 alts to run through there. I just don't know if I can handle doing it that many times without wanting to punch myself in the face. lol.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Several of the new campaign tasks cost AD to do, Malabog Key is gold, 50k AD, & some grind 'tokens' (Day 2), the 2 later sub-zones require keys & the boons need gold, AD, tokens & more patience than a saint!

Since the test server is available - copy you character there, open up the hub (15mins) & look at the campaign, everything is there, with costs, gear, where to get it etc.

I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere and this is disturbing news. Hopefully you didn't mean you needed to buy enchanted keys to play the content bad enough you have to spend ad but keys? /facepalm:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • teiserteiser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the new player is going to be difficult to play the new content without paying real money. Don't get me wrong the content is good but now is more p2p.
    edited August 2013
    You know, I just did a bit of math here:
    Knight of the Feywild comes with 600,000 AD.
    Cost to run one Character threw FFW ~300,000 AD.
    Number of Character Slots included in a standard account=2.
    Cost of running 2 Characters through FFW~600,000 AD.
    So my Knight of The Feywild Pack includes the equivilent of Full Content for 2 of my 5 Characters.
    I need to pony up the other 900,000 AD myself, if I want to run the Adventure with the rest of them.
    Yay, Life:(

edited August 2013
    I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere and this is disturbing news. Hopefully you didn't mean you needed to buy enchanted keys to play the content bad enough you have to spend ad but keys? /facepalm:(

You have to buy keys to open different areas of the Campaign tracker. These keys are bound to you and have nothing to do with enchanted keys. You only have to buy 3 keys (I think) and they are 10 - 50k each. It is easier to just think of the keys as the price of admission. Two keys open new quest zones and the other opens Malbog dungeon (I think it was 50k to get in there). Once you are able to go in the new area the key serves no purpose (I don't even think it is ever put in your inventory).

The new buffs added to the game also cost between 10 - 50K each and there are 5 of them. There are also tasks that will get you some new gear and they also cost 10-50k AD per task. Technically you only have to buy the keys to progress, you do not have to take any of the buffs or the gear, but if that is all you buy you will get nothing from the new area except for some of the new shards and a bunch of BOP blues that probably are not for your class. You MUST open all of the quest areas to get all of the buffs.

There are 3 areas to quest in (You have to pay the price of admission to get in two of them), and each area has a solo dungeon with a chest. You get to open one chest per day for free so chose your chest wisely. Each chest will give you a enchantment shard and a BOP blue. It will take you quite a few days to open the second area, so at first you only have one chest to open. When you get to the second area you will have access to a new chest, but you still only get one key. If you want to open any other chests it will cost you 10K AD to buy another chest key. You will have to pay this fee per key. You DO NOT have to buy the keys to open chests, they are entirely optional. MAKE SURE you want to open the chest BEFORE you go in the dungeon with a key in your inventory because you must open the chest if you have a key on you. I do not think you can leave the dungeon until you claim your reward (you may be able to go out the door you came in, I never checked).

I mentioned the AD cost for these items but there is also a gold price that has to be paid as well. I do not remember the gold cost because I didn't pay attention to them as much. Each task you perform in the Campaign tracker has a cost assigned to it. A few (VERY FEW) only require new area currencies. All the rest require AD, Gold, AND new area currency to complete them.

This content is GUARANTEED to suck almost every AD you can refine right back out of you. You can make 24K a day and it will cost you over 300k to complete it all. I do not know the total gold cost. It is not super high, but 1 Gold pretty much equals 1500 AD in player exchanges, so you do the math. NONE of the quests in the new area give you AD (refined or unrefined).

Buying the Feywild pack will give you enough AD to get 2 characters through the content. What a wonderful deal. They sell you this shiny new pack with a bunch of AD and then take them right back. Very slick. They also give you another character slot to give you a chance to go in the hole 300k. lol.

One last thing. They were very nice to the players and finally added upgrading companions to the game. Wait till you see the cost for that. LMAO. This game is not F2P anymore.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The quests in the campaign have a long recovery time (6 hours, 18 hours, & up). The keys have many other requirements that'll take you a long time to gather. You have 50k AD easy before you gather all the other stuff. :eek:
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    The quests in the campaign have a long recovery time (6 hours, 18 hours, & up). The keys have many other requirements that'll take you a long time to gather. You have 50k AD easy before you gather all the other stuff. :eek:

Yes, you will have the AD as long as you are making it somewhere else. There is nothing in this area that gives you AD. They are daily quests but there is no AD reward for doing them like the quests Rhix gives you. I guess you could sell your shard you get every day (I don't think they are BOP) but everyone will be getting them at the same time so the price will be very low. And you could sell the random BOE items you get (greens and blues not from chests) and enchantments. The point I was making is it COST you AD to play the new content. For a player who is already struggling to get AD this will not be fun. Also, if all chest drops become BOP as planned most players will lose their main source of income and they will still have to pay if they want to play in this new area. This will really hurt a brand new player that didn't get the chance to make a ton of AD selling the DD chests drops. Their only source of income will be the Rhix/King daily quests. They will not even have leadership to fall back on because it takes a while to get that in gear. Whatever they are able to refine will be removed from them by playing in the new area.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dunno, I am more interested in the foundry, i am level 60 but i dont do dungeons cause queue takes too long so there isnt any point playing my level 60 rogue

If they add more stuff to the foundry i be little happy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Sockmonkey, I would just like to say sorry.
    I seem to have been part of the twisting this thread away from your original intent.
    The sky-high, reoccurring A.D. charges kinda came out of left field there.
    Still going to play through it, at least the one time, just to check it out.
    Hopefully, it doesn't end up being too much of a Bank Breaker.

edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Sockmonkey, I would just like to say sorry.
    I seem to have been part of the twisting this thread away from your original intent.
    The sky-high, reoccurring A.D. charges kinda came out of left field there.
    Still going to play through it, at least the one time, just to check it out.
    Hopefully, it doesn't end up being too much of a Bank Breaker.

Bah, no worries. I'm as much guilty of going off topic as anyone here with my spiffy dice chart :p

Anywho, I honestly wasn't aware of the expense involved in it. I've actually been avoiding spoiling the expansion, by checking out to much, before it launches.

Learning about the costs is a little irksome. But i'm not going to let it burst my bubble, until I actually try it. From what it sounds like, you spend a little to get a little. As long as the return is something useful to me, the cost isn't a big deal. After all, grinding AD for baubles is what we have been doing up to this point anyhow. So I don't see much difference, except now I can do it on a sparkle pony!

So, still excited.
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Back on topic. I am not really looking forward to this new content expansion.
    Its bad enough they are nerfing every single class. Making the balance that was already had both in pve and pvp worse.
    In addition, they are making it so it systematically drains astral diamonds from people. with the things that exist currtently costing AD such as transmutation and enchantment extraction. With the addition of making nearly everything bind on pickup now.

This all sounds like its making the game worse and less fun than better.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Easy ^^ how to make fast AD ^^? buy zen and sell it for AD ^^ so, why they have to let us get a lot fo AD for free in game, when they can earn a lot of money whit zen o.o? This is called marketing ^^ first they give you something for free or easy to get, and when the people start to ask for more and more, make that item hard to get for free and easy if you pay :D and boom, you gain a lot of cash $.$. Why you think's almost all the up in the feywild camp coming whit AD+Gold+Item? Allways the same thing's in the end ^^ the only care on money, like everyone making a game ^^. Btw, i will try the new cont until i can still get the thinks free, when he start to ask me too many time for get it or i have to pay to much in game currency, bye bye and welcome to a new game
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was excited,new quests to challenge,new lands to conquer and explore,new enemy's and beasts for the battle,new treasure for the plundering,oh well,better hide my wallet instead.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I was.. But the announcement o killing my class GWF, has crippledy excitement
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So,not only is my wallet in danger but as a GWF they have sabotaged my sword and armor? Guess I can quit sharppening mw sword and repairing the loose plates in my armor for now.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    You have to buy keys to open different areas of the Campaign tracker. These keys are bound to you and have nothing to do with enchanted keys. You only have to buy 3 keys (I think) and they are 10 - 50k each. It is easier to just think of the keys as the price of admission. Two keys open new quest zones and the other opens Malbog dungeon (I think it was 50k to get in there). Once you are able to go in the new area the key serves no purpose (I don't even think it is ever put in your inventory).

The new buffs added to the game also cost between 10 - 50K each and there are 5 of them. There are also tasks that will get you some new gear and they also cost 10-50k AD per task. Technically you only have to buy the keys to progress, you do not have to take any of the buffs or the gear, but if that is all you buy you will get nothing from the new area except for some of the new shards and a bunch of BOP blues that probably are not for your class. You MUST open all of the quest areas to get all of the buffs.

There are 3 areas to quest in (You have to pay the price of admission to get in two of them), and each area has a solo dungeon with a chest. You get to open one chest per day for free so chose your chest wisely. Each chest will give you a enchantment shard and a BOP blue. It will take you quite a few days to open the second area, so at first you only have one chest to open. When you get to the second area you will have access to a new chest, but you still only get one key. If you want to open any other chests it will cost you 10K AD to buy another chest key. You will have to pay this fee per key. You DO NOT have to buy the keys to open chests, they are entirely optional. MAKE SURE you want to open the chest BEFORE you go in the dungeon with a key in your inventory because you must open the chest if you have a key on you. I do not think you can leave the dungeon until you claim your reward (you may be able to go out the door you came in, I never checked).

I mentioned the AD cost for these items but there is also a gold price that has to be paid as well. I do not remember the gold cost because I didn't pay attention to them as much. Each task you perform in the Campaign tracker has a cost assigned to it. A few (VERY FEW) only require new area currencies. All the rest require AD, Gold, AND new area currency to complete them.

This content is GUARANTEED to suck almost every AD you can refine right back out of you. You can make 24K a day and it will cost you over 300k to complete it all. I do not know the total gold cost. It is not super high, but 1 Gold pretty much equals 1500 AD in player exchanges, so you do the math. NONE of the quests in the new area give you AD (refined or unrefined).

Buying the Feywild pack will give you enough AD to get 2 characters through the content. What a wonderful deal. They sell you this shiny new pack with a bunch of AD and then take them right back. Very slick. They also give you another character slot to give you a chance to go in the hole 300k. lol.

One last thing. They were very nice to the players and finally added upgrading companions to the game. Wait till you see the cost for that. LMAO. This game is not F2P anymore.

Please tell me you not serious because this don't sound right at all. A "free to play" game having exclusive content you HAVE to pay to play? Really cryptic? If this is true my enthusiasm for this expansion is now 0. :(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is true. It is a way to sink some of the excess AD flying around, the problem is that casual players don't have that much AD and it is really going to force the vast majority of casual players to open their wallets or leave the game.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    It is true. It is a way to sink some of the excess AD flying around, the problem is that casual players don't have that much AD and it is really going to force the vast majority of casual players to open their wallets or leave the game.

Not necessarily accurate - with a bit of planning you can easily make enough AD or gold, and quite frankly, the "cost" of Feywild is not really significant to many (casual) players, compared to some of the big money sinks, like getting rank 8-10 enchants or greater/perfect enhancements.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Not necessarily accurate - with a bit of planning you can easily make enough AD or gold, and quite frankly, the "cost" of Feywild is not really significant to many (casual) players, compared to some of the big money sinks, like getting rank 8-10 enchants or greater/perfect enhancements.

The problem is that the new content is level 60, no lower levels, so you will have to sink a lot of gold and AD to get what you want.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's not going to be so easy to do that though with the rough AD limitations, and that's just ONE example of why it won't be as easy as it had the potential to be in the past.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's not going to be so easy to do that though with the rough AD limitations, and that's just ONE example of why it won't be as easy as it had the potential to be in the past.

Ok I know people are going to say it's posted everywhere, go find it yourself etc... but I am at work and haven't heard about AD limitations. What is the new limit on Rough AD refining per day?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.