Install Arc
Options

Tailor - Shears

2»

Comments

• Options
    taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    The green and higher assets are not REQUIRED for anything other than earning the 100% speed and Tier 3 result
    So? Those things are the ultimate end of the line progression towards which people level up.
    There is argument over whether "pay real money or farm for months" is pay to win or not.
    But this is worse, the "or farm for a month" part is removed. So its "pay real money or convince someone else to pay real money for you via in game services"
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bumping this as a person that just started the game several days ago and looking for the answer, finding this on Google searching, and finding out a few days ago that there is no subscription option, unlike STO.

I would have gladly paid $15 to at least try a full unlocked version of this game like STO but I am now really hating Pay to Win Excellently's system here. I threw far more money at this game that I should have in the few days I have been playing, unlocking at least 15 lockboxes, and trying my hand and the profession boxes. I did NOT GET ANY F SHEARS!

Sorry PWE. No more from me. Change your model. Give the option for a subscription with this stuff unlocked like STO. Hell you seem to just take your engine and copy it from one game to the next. When I started this game I was thinking, "Hey this works like STO. You have the chat almost the same as STO (less emote options; you can pin the emote window exactly like STO; create chat tabs exactly like STO; I even had my custom STO channel chat going the first day I logged in which I thought was strange), you have the BOFF system almost the same here with the crafting, although I detest the lack of gathering materials yourself; just having a window you magically get stuff for free. I hate systems where you just pop something in a timed oven and get something out without any interaction from yourself. I come from most recently EQ II system crafting mini-game. Even the rotating events are just like STO. The confusing multitude currency system is the same too: Dilithium>AD; Latinum>Tarlamune...etc

I also was dismayed I couldn't actually explore anyplace. Everything is just zip here zip there insta-teleport without seeing the in-between places. I now see there is absolutely no reason to buy/use a mount due to these zones being small enough to not need one, unlike other games I have or still are playing.

I really feel this game is so dumbed down for the masses for children to adults to get the most possible chance of impulse spenders.
    itpaladin.png

• Options
    dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the end PWE is in your wallet again for stuff that should be obtainable through profession!
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to also point out that with EQ / EQ II you can do quests to gain tools or craft them.

I like games that put the power in your hands (Eve Online is the ultimate in this) instead of making you pay for that power.
    itpaladin.png