test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Coins??

wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For the second time in a row I have gotten to the six day mark with celestial coins, only to be screwed by what appears to be a bug in the system designed to impact the working class. This is how it works if you would like to try and recreate it.

1) Pray for coins
2) Get coins
3) Check the time until you can get coins again
4) See that it reads, "You can do this again in 1 day 5 hours." <-- total of 29 hours.
5) Sleep for 8 hours (8 hours total)
6) Wake up and go to work for 12 hours (20 hours total)
7) Do whatever else a normal human being might do for the next 5 hours (total of 25 hours)
8) Log in and find that you have zero celestial coins.

As near as I can tell the system counts from midnight until the following midnight - so if you come off timer at 11:50 PM, you will have 10 minutes to get your coins or lose them. This is due to the fact that I have 'prayed' for coins successfully on every occasion before midnight, and never after midnight, when I have always logged in to find that I was reset to zero.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a mechanic I am missing somewhere - like maybe in PWE land 1 day and 5 hours means something other than 29 hours?
Post edited by wergild on

Comments

• buttonsbuttons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wergild wrote: »
    For the second time in a row I have gotten to the six day mark with celestial coins, only to be screwed by what appears to be a bug in the system designed to impact the working class. This is how it works if you would like to try and recreate it.

1) Pray for coins
    2) Get coins
    3) Check the time until you can get coins again
    4) See that it reads, "You can do this again in 1 day 5 hours." <-- total of 29 hours.
    7) Do whatever else a normal human being might do for the next 5 hours (total of 25 hours)
    8) Log in and find that you have zero celestial coins.

As near as I can tell the system counts from midnight until the following midnight - so if you come off timer at 11:50 PM, you will have 10 minutes to get your coins or lose them. This is due to the fact that I have 'prayed' for coins successfully on every occasion before midnight, and never after midnight, when I have always logged in to find that I was reset to zero.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a mechanic I am missing somewhere - like maybe in PWE land 1 day and 5 hours means something other than 29 hours?

ive just decided to stop hoping to complete them all weekly and just buy something when i figure i wont be able to get to 7 that week. it is SUPER annoying, the regular unpredictability of life should not erase 5 or 6 log ins. i log in daily....i get it..its clever...but sometimes I need maybe 36 hrs instead of 25 or whatever. too crazy?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what you are saying is that the condition for keeping Celestial Coins is to login every day between midnight (CET?) and the following midnight and that the 29 hour thing is actually wrong?
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    To be honest, if you're attentive enough to GET to 6 coins, I don't see why you'd suddenly decide to be all relaxed about it on the seventh and most critical day, regardless of what the tooltip says. Especially not TWICE.

Just assume that it's 24 hours + "arbitrary possible magic cryptic time", and try and keep within the once a day time-limit.
  • huckafourhuckafour Banned Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013

between those 2 steps could be another step that takes about 5 mins which would read:
    "log on and pray"

at least it works for me quite well and you also dont fall at risk of losing your coins
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    Essentially, yes. I'd love comments from others who have this same problem.

This is the second time I have not logged in immediately after the 29 hour window and lost all coins (and it might be more, it just seems that every time I have checked it, I am told that I can not pray again for '1 day 5 hours').

Honestly, if I am logging in every 24 hours, then I should be getting the bonus for praying. If I log in Friday at 3AM and 'pray' - playing until 1 PM the next afternoon, praying again right before I log off (Saturday now), and then my friends call me to go out, so I spend the evening at a friend's place, not making it home until 7 AM the next morning, I will have no celestial coins - despite the fact that only 28 hours have passed since my first prayer on Friday, and technically only 18 hours have passed since my last prayer on Saturday.

That makes it a losing system for me - though obviously it seems to be working for everyone else (and for me most of the time). I just can't figure out where the problem is, since the listed times seem to be very wrong.
  • theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wergild..what i might suggest - its based on the clock of when you get them for the day.. what i do in the morning before work i login and pray...since you seem to have been reset. why dont you pray before bedtime every night like a chore. that way you have a set time do get them...or something similar... good luck

l8r m8 TheeBrazzMonkey
    edited July 2013
    huckafour wrote: »
    between those 2 steps could be another step that takes about 5 mins which would read:
    "log on and pray"

at least it works for me quite well and you also dont fall at risk of losing your coins

That seems to be the problem, even if I have logged in between those two steps, there seems to be a factor where I lose my coins, but I will do some testing and see.

Thanks for the note that it is working for you Huck. Maybe it is just user error :P God knows that is the most common source of mistakes, so I will do some further testing.

Cheers.
    edited July 2013
    Wergild..what i might suggest - its based on the clock of when you get them for the day.. what i do in the morning before work i login and pray...since you seem to have been reset. why dont you pray before bedtime every night like a chore. that way you have a set time do get them...or something similar... good luck

l8r m8 TheeBrazzMonkey

Thanks mate. I'll give that a try too to help see if I can narrow it down, but if it requires that much maintenance, well... honestly I'd rather try to explain a girlfriend to the wife than me skipping out of bed to pray for coins (oops, forgot to pray for celestial coins, and no, we'll miss church again this Sunday with your mum, sorry dear!). Haha. :D
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, just work your "what I can do with coins" around your life rather than vice versa. They're essentially a nice bonus for the ludicrously committed, not a mandatory requirement.

Weekend away to visit the inlaws? Spend what you have before leaving. If you've reached 5 you can get some crafting mats, but even if not, a crappy potion and some party poppers are better than nothing whatsoever.
  • wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have experienced similar issues with Celestial Coins. But I have not been keeping track of the times.

Basically do to real life, I have determined that I will not be able to get 7. So I have resolved to spend them as soon as I get 5.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Essentially, yes. I'd love comments from others who have this same problem.

This is the second time I have not logged in immediately after the 29 hour window and lost all coins (and it might be more, it just seems that every time I have checked it, I am told that I can not pray again for '1 day 5 hours').

Honestly, if I am logging in every 24 hours, then I should be getting the bonus for praying. If I log in Friday at 3AM and 'pray' - playing until 1 PM the next afternoon, praying again right before I log off (Saturday now), and then my friends call me to go out, so I spend the evening at a friend's place, not making it home until 7 AM the next morning, I will have no celestial coins - despite the fact that only 28 hours have passed since my first prayer on Friday, and technically only 18 hours have passed since my last prayer on Saturday.

That makes it a losing system for me - though obviously it seems to be working for everyone else (and for me most of the time). I just can't figure out where the problem is, since the listed times seem to be very wrong.

You know you can pray every hour right? Not once every 1d5h?

Don't trust any of the timers in this game, just log on every char and pray whenever you sit down to play,
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks mate. I'll give that a try too to help see if I can narrow it down, but if it requires that much maintenance, well... honestly I'd rather try to explain a girlfriend to the wife than me skipping out of bed to pray for coins (oops, forgot to pray for celestial coins, and no, we'll miss church again this Sunday with your mum, sorry dear!). Haha. :D

I can[t see how that could possibly be an issue. It takes as much time as logging on to your computer to check your email. Login. Pray. Logout. Done. Less than two minutes. Less time than brushing your teeth properly. If you don't have two free minutes in a day that you aren't required to justify to your wife, I dunno but, just, wow.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is not pray again in 1 day 5 hours.
    It is pray again with in 1 day 5 hours.

In other words any time after the 24 hour mark
    you now have a 5 hour grace period to pray.
    If you are waiting until 5 minutes after the 29 hour mark it is user error.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive yet to loose any coins. But I'm fairly insane about keeping a consistent schedule. Yea, sad to say, the Sockmunkey is really a dull person.

I know what time I normally get home from work, even allowing for the occasional traffic jam. And about how much time I need, after getting home, for real life stuffs. You know, cooking dinner, feeding the family, pretending to be interested in everyone's day. You know, the unimportant stuff. That typically gives me a set time to enjoy my ME time, game time. I make sure to get all my maintenance and prayers stuffs done then so I can enjoy my few hours of play time. Rather then trying to constantly do the math in my head, wondering when i'm going to need to log on or loose out. I know every day, at that same time, its ME time.

The weekends are really the only time I struggle a little. I have more time to play so i'm often on before my normal ME time. I have to resist the urge to pray early and mess up my carefully crafted schedule. But to date, as long as I hit it every day at the same time. Ive yet to ever loose any coins.

Sometimes dull isn't a bad thing :D
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    Any time you pray you extend the timer, even if you don't get coins for it. So if you pray earlier in the day you don't have to worry about cutting it close later.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Any time you pray you extend the timer, even if you don't get coins for it. So if you pray earlier in the day you don't have to worry about cutting it close later.

This is incorrect....
    The max amount of time does not extend every time you pray.
    if it did you would never pray at the right time as it would just keep extending.

24 hours after you pray for the first time of that day your timer resets and you have
    a 5 hour grace period to pray within to recieve the coin for that day.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    This is incorrect....
    The max amount of time does not extend every time you pray.
    if it did you would never pray at the right time as it would just keep extending.

24 hours after you pray for the first time of that day your timer resets and you have
    a 5 hour grace period to pray within to recieve the coin for that day.

No, he is right.

If you invoke it resets the 29 hours that you have until the coins disappear.

It does not reset the 20 hours (not 24 hours) until you can get your next coin. That only resets on the invokes that earn you coins.
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    No, he is right.

If you invoke it resets the 29 hours that you have until the coins disappear.

It does not reset the 20 hours (not 24 hours) until you can get your next coin. That only resets on the invokes that earn you coins.

Interesting Never saw it reset on mine.
    Perhaps I never paid that close attention.
    Will have to watch that closely next time.

And hell if it has a 9 hour grace period not a 5 hour....
    What is the issue nothing difficult about maintaining that open of a schedual.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    In other words any time after the 24 hour mark

Actually, you can get coins again 20 hours after the last time you received coins.

I am basically in the same boat as sockmunkey. If I invoke every day after work at some point, I am golden, though right after getting home might be a bit too early if I ended up doing it closer to bedtime the previous evening. I lost coins on one guy once because of the Caturday downtime, and after that incident, I got everyone on the same schedule so they even all redeem the celestials on the same day, which makes keeping track very easy. Weekends can potentially mess me up a little, but I am likewise boring. However, Thursday is number 7, so weekend plans wouldn't lose me much, or more likely I'd just accept that I'd get fewer coins that week and stick to redeeming on Thursday, since it's so convenient.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im glad im not the only spaz out there. I got it timed so Friday is day 7. I like my weekends stress free. :p
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Except... with a 7 day process... you're still not going to have any weekends "free" if you keep at it. ;)
    edited August 2013
    I just log in morning, and again evening. Having 1 month old twins helps, in that it certainly isn't like I'm sleeping much :D
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think its a pathetic way to keep us playing NW
    cryptic forces us to log in everyday if we want to get the 7th coin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Does cryptic stands near with a shotgun forcing you to login and pray?
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    I think its a pathetic way to keep us playing NW

Well you could always automate it with something like this (I don't take credit for this, taken from another site) + autohotkey software:
    chars := 7 ;char in user acct
    user := "###########"
    pass := "###########"
    chary := 125 ;you may need to change for other resolutions i play with 1920x1200
    charx := 625 ;you may need to change for other resolutions i play with 1920x1200
    charloading := 15000 ;change according your loading time
    gameloading := 30000 ;change according your loading time
    	IfWinNotExist, Neverwinter
    	{
    	Run Neverwinter
    	WinWait Neverwinter
    	WinActivate
    	Sleep 5000
    	SendEvent +{Tab}%user%
    	Sleep 500
    	SendEvent {Tab}%pass%{Enter}
    	Sleep %gameloading% ;wait till the game loads
    	}
    	IfWinExist, Neverwinter
    {
    	WinActivate, Neverwinter
    	Loop %chars% ;loop into each extra char
    		{
    		SendEvent {Click %charx%, %chary%}
    		Sleep 500
    		SendEvent {Click 1740, 1075} 
    		Sleep %charloading% 
    		SendEvent,{LCtrl Down}
    		Sleep 500
    		SendEvent,i
    		Sleep 200
    		SendEvent,{LCtrl Up}
    		Sleep 500
    		SendEvent,{enter}
    		Sleep 500
    		SendEvent,{/}
    		sleep 500
    		SendEvent,gotocharacterselect
    		sleep 500
    		SendEvent,{enter}
    		Sleep 20000
    		chary := chary+70
    		}
    	}
    	WinClose, Neverwinter

Just set the variables at the start and go. You could automate it further by using task scheduler. If you have multiple accounts create a different version for each account and stagger when it runs on task scheduler.

Having not used this I'd guess you'd still need to log in and spend your coins, though it may be possible to add something to the loop to automate that also.