test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Quest

scmillerscmiller Member Posts: 40
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Please... I need some reviews on my quest. CODE: nw-drms5jegc. Thanks...and if you need a review on yours, please let me know. Three down-- two to go! I don't think you will be wasting your time if you try my quest: " Hallow's Thicket" Thanks in advance
Post edited by scmiller on

Comments

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hi, the second 's' in your short code should be a '5'.

I've read the overview: Sounds interesting. I will play this tomorrow as it is a bit late here.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hallow's Thicket NW-DRMS5JEGC

Bland combat but this is overwhelmed by the story and maps. AND it is better than the other end of the scale where folks drop 6 waves of hard bodies on you, so..

Story was new and well told. I do not nit pic dialogue as a rule unless it leaps out at you. Nothing here noted during my admittedly fast read through. Good story and was interesting.

Mapping was excellent. Everyplace looked new and different. This is one of my goals usually, make even the places people have seen 100 times look like somewhere new and interesting. Great job there.

Lighting was nicely done, and the day glow Flesh Eaters were interesting.

Also enjoyed your thicket. Some problems with it but these are the graphics we have to use and I like the way you used them to make a wall free maze.

Great job overall and thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    I'll trade you a review. :) My quest is in my signature.

EDIT: Played and reviewed it.

Quite liked it! Nice environments and good story.

The outside area before the cave is a bit frustrating because of collision - invisible walls?
    I noticed a few minor text errors here and there. Ex: childrens, thiers, peices, etc.

Great job! I look forward to more quests from you.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much for your feedback so far...and I am glad you liked it. I agree that the combat is a little stale..I wish they had more choices with monsters. I will review your quests if you guys have any?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The collision problems in the thicket definitely are on my list. I don't want to disrupt the enviorment, but at the same time getting to the cave is rather maddening...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for pointing out the error in the code! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi scmillar, I have left a rating of 4* at the moment, although there is potential for more if the story is cleaned up. There are quite a few errors in the text - enough to make the story confusing at times - and seeing 'frack' in a player response was immersion-breaking. I also felt a little disappointed that 'find the witch' turned out to be no harder than 'spawn at the next camp fire'.

However, there is a lot to love so while wavering between 3 stars or 4, I finally decided upon the latter as not only have you made a lot of effort with this quest, you provided a pretty unique experience for the player and I wanted to acknowledge that.

Stuff I loved:

Your maps were wonderfully lit, coloured and populated and achieved the fairy tale ambience to perfection.

I had a love/hate relationship with the thicket; on the one hand I loved that I physically felt caught on brambles, on the other it was quite frustrating to see the cave entrance within touching distance and have to fight so hard to reach it. On balance, the brambles win for me, but it's possible you could lose players if they think the map is broken at that point. (I see you have addressed this issue yourself in an earlier post. Didn't spot it till now).

It's always nice to encounter 'unigue' NPCs and your witch and Gorrot were both stunning. Good job.

Hope you keep polishing this and will look forward to seeing more from you :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    To all who have provided feedback,

Thanks for your efforts and productive insight. I will take your suggestions, especially some of the dialogue "quirks". I wanted to create a very simple fairytale that focuses on story and atmosphere vs. mindless slayings. On the same token, I did not want it bogged down by dialogue so that people would get bored. I have three reviews so far-- I need two more to be seen? Is that how it works? If someone knows, please let me know..
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, once your quest has received 5 reviews it will become searchable by author name or title.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the response...hope I will get two more soon.