test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An open letter to Devoted Clerics

124»

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the general trend I noticed is that no one not level 60 ever beat though at level 60. So for that trend to break is kind of weird. And he was slacking off, if he wasn't he would not have been last for damage. Even a tank who was mostly blocking beat this guy.

And my lower level toons, especially under 20 and in particular anyone under level 10 tend to do far better than most level 60s. Also the Foundry and the scaling system Cryptic have in place for another game is known to heavily favour lower level toons. Moreover this makes it is impossible to do a fair comparison, certainly between characters of different levels, but quite probably between classes too. You should also read sockmunkey's posts about the low level GF.

I am not calling you a liar, but just pointing out that you can't possibly have enough evidence (especially since most of the solid evidence we have have about scaling - i.e Foundry behavior and Red Alert behaviour, is that it benefits lower level toons) to state your performance was due to skills and his due to lack of skill/desire.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    And my lower level toons, especially under 20 and in particular anyone under level 10 tend to do far better than most level 60s. Also the Foundry and the scaling system Cryptic have in place for another game is known to heavily favour lower level toons. Moreover this makes it is impossible to do a fair comparison, certainly between characters of different levels, but quite probably between classes too. You should also read sockmunkey's posts about the low level GF.

I am not calling you a liar, but just pointing out that you can't possibly have enough evidence (especially since most of the solid evidence we have have about scaling - i.e Foundry behavior and Red Alert behaviour, is that it benefits lower level toons) to state your performance was due to skills and his due to lack of skill/desire.

well considering he wasn't the only level 60, I could at least compare him to the other level 60's one was a TR who was top for damage other was a CW right behind him. So yeah he was slacking off. The tank in that run I think was level 50. So even compared to the other players of similar levels he was doing poorly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well considering he wasn't the only level 60, I could at least compare him to the other level 60's one was a TR who was top for damage other was a CW right behind him. So yeah he was slacking off. The tank in that run I think was level 50. So even compared to the other players of similar levels he was doing poorly.

I'm sure he'll regret it for the rest of his life.
  • aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we please bring this thread back to the point of the OP - using misinformation to lecture people on how to play their classes?
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    aerisod wrote: »
    Can we please bring this thread back to the point of the OP - using misinformation to lecture people on how to play their classes?

yes an excellent idea. Some of the worst players I've seen is running level 60 content. The biggest problem is they forget how to dodge and use potions.

I've seen players blame the cleric for them dying when they don't even bother to dodge/block incoming damage at all. Then proceed to tell the cleric how to play their class. Sometimes it is other classes but mostly It seems I see it happening to clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Closing this now. If one would like to write a guide or build on the way one plays their own class, please feel free. However, do stay away from telling others how to play. Thanks!
  • parp11parp11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In other games with targetted heals the healer always gets the blame (one of my favourites from many years back in a well known mmo saw the "tank" aggro a big group then, while the rest of the party engaged said group, ran off further into the instance. All bar the tank were taking a dirt nap whilst he was giving it "HEAL HEAL!"). A good healer really could carry terrible players in such games, but when players need to cooperate and cope with the difficult task of "not stand in red, red is bad" it's just too much for some people who can barely function above the level of an automaton.
This discussion has been closed.