test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog's Castle cleared

2»

Comments

• thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP I'm curious what the DMG meter was like as you're a TR after the nerf on the test shard. Thanks.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    Looks boring for a CW, where are the adds?

Yep, something's missing. No point playing a control wizard when there's nothing to control. No point playing a DC when no one takes damage either. Other classes, well... I don't mind what they want. They don't have to deal with adds, and if they feel they have to, they just have to pick a better wizard. :p
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    Pretty much the same for tanks. Right now, the only dungeon they're needed in is Frozen Heart because of all the adds. Dungeons with no adds (or knock off places for adds) = dungeons with no GF.

My fully geared and enchanted tank sits around with absolutely nothing to do except the odd FH that someone wants to run. No need for him in any other dungeon. Sad to see the X-pack won't really give him anything to do either.
  • cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    Where are the Seal of the Dark Fay are coming from then? The screenshot speaks of Drake seals as reward in Malabog.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh seriously guys, complaining about lack of adds?
    All the other boss encounters are full of adds if you want to play with them ok, for once we have a boss encounters without plenty of adds popping and you are unhappy?
    As a CW i m absolutely happy to see this video, for once i can play with others spells than the usual to fight a boss, for once i m very happy to see that a large part of the success doesn't stand on my shoulders but on the all team with equal part.
    I absoluetly happy that we don't have holes to throw adds on the way too.
    For once something a bit different.
    I m glad too see that we have less trash to handlle too in this dungeon, for me this place will be more pleasant than CN.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    Guaranteed ancient weapons from DD chest? Say goodbye to the economy.

Looks like the same fight as CN but without the adds. Pushing adds around is what makes CN fun, dodging red circles and getting one shot is not fun.

Say goodbye to the economy? You mean say goodbye to people charging outrageous amounts of AD for weapons that only offer a minor upgrade even with the set bonus included...

And pushing adds around is fun? Frankly, I'd rather have mobs with some vague semblance of intelligence rather than ones that run in and spam aoe before they're knocked off a ledge. The sheer amount of adds and trash in dungeons is why I've not bothered to log in to do anything other than invoke and set profession tasks for the last month, the dungeons just get too tedious and repetitive.
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another dungeon where TR has no role
  • scola4everscola4ever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    where are the Adds? I played the Same Boss and he has Troll adds and they are a LOT! But no one in the Movie! So... No comment -.-
  • m0rph3xm0rph3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yep, something's missing. No point playing a control wizard when there's nothing to control. No point playing a DC when no one takes damage either. Other classes, well... I don't mind what they want. They don't have to deal with adds, and if they feel they have to, they just have to pick a better wizard. :p
    Don't forget about debuffs, and you still need a CW for the rest of the dungeon.
    If you watch video again you will notice that valindra spams "autoattack" hitting all players for ~5k all the time, and fast reaction to heal person who is choked by valindra helps alot as well.
    thesakari wrote: »
    OP I'm curious what the DMG meter was like as you're a TR after the nerf on the test shard. Thanks.
    You can see dps chart in the video from time to time. I would say dailys are pretty useless now. I was only using whirlwind of blades for trash and kept shoking execution during boss fight just in case killing valindra goes wrong and i have to destroy portal fast.
    webbot wrote: »
    Another dungeon where TR has no role
    Why would you say that? Burst damage of the TR is really helpfull for killing valindra asap. And dps overall.
  • lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play rogue too and cant watch how you get slaughtered.. learn how to become immune with ItC
  • m0rph3xm0rph3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play rogue too and cant watch how you get slaughtered.. learn how to become immune with ItC

I am trying to learn this advanced technique, but i am just too bad for this... When i see red circle i panic and smash my face into the keyboard hoping i will hit dodge or itc, but it does not always work for some reason. I was also trying to hit itc with my elbows, but then i have nothing to use for potions and lashing blade. Can you give me some tips on this matter?
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    m0rph3x wrote: »
    I am trying to learn this advanced technique, but i am just too bad for this... When i see red circle i panic and smash my face into the keyboard hoping i will hit dodge or itc, but it does not always work for some reason. I was also trying to hit itc with my elbows, but then i have nothing to use for potions and lashing blade. Can you give me some tips on this matter?

Try using your eyeball.
    If that's too advanced for you, start off by using your tongue.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great thread guys! The video/posts really helped my group on also clearing it. We just got it done earlier today, here is a screenshot:

WSMqfpi.jpg

- It was easier than we anticipated.
    - I didn't like the idea of having to fight your way into the castle.
    - The new mechanics on the boss were awesome! A lot less add heavy besides the wights.
    - Valindra coming down on occasion and cc'ing/dmging a single person during the fight was refreshing.
    - The big aoe was easily defeated by running to the door.
    - Fulmin wasn't too bad. Avoid dem attacks!

Overall was a fun, new dungeon and we look forward to running it!
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    scola4ever wrote: »
    where are the Adds? I played the Same Boss and he has Troll adds and they are a LOT! But no one in the Movie! So... No comment -.-

The adds appear only if you fail to kill Valindra on time :) I really have no idea what kind of Trolls you saw there... but as far as I remember, they look like a big zombie/skeleton alike Knight (just like the ones in CN on Dracolich fight, just a bit taller and with different gear)
  • derezzdderezzd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    any information on the drops(devs said they are slightly better than ancients)? also are there new drake seal items?
  • dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited August 2013
    dunno about everyone else but this fight looks pretty boring. Pretty much just tank and spank the boss and run away from its death from above. Needs a bit more variety but i love the no never ending adds that is great.
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the feedback and original post/effort. Much obliged.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So i've been able to try it from a friend's account, he unlocked it and...

The difficulty level is between cragmire crypts and pirate king - between super easy and boring and super easy and unchallenging. Seriously?

The boss is the worst part of it. Really easy to kill, a lot of time to walk out of AOEs, and no adds to play with as a control class. Yep, this boss might be for 4 TRs and a DC. So, if nothing changes (like portals spawning a lot faster, and mobs before the boss having more hps and hitting harder), i'll get my drops and kthxbye module 1, let's get back to CN or Karrundax. :)
  • jhumbojhumbo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Pretty much the same for tanks. Right now, the only dungeon they're needed in is Frozen Heart because of all the adds. Dungeons with no adds (or knock off places for adds) = dungeons with no GF.

My fully geared and enchanted tank sits around with absolutely nothing to do except the odd FH that someone wants to run. No need for him in any other dungeon. Sad to see the X-pack won't really give him anything to do either.

Ummm, I am a GF and ...

9420538976_31c087ab49.jpg

The GF class is wasted on people that cant play it...
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    jhumbo wrote: »
    Ummm, I am a GF and ...

The problem is that what I wanted to play is a tank, and what we got is tank that's not needed and the option to be just another DPS class.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So the people cried because there was too many adds at pirate king or Dracolich so they did a boss figth whiutout add and you still cry again because there no adds -.- C'mon guys -.- Too many add let's cry Q.Q No add let's cry because whit the CW i can't be the first on damage Q.Q, No zone to bump the mob down, let's cry because i not usefull as a CW Q.Q
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone have been able to do it again since they introduced the proper loots?
    And if the chest at the end still gives Ancient weapons?
  • shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just tried this last night and found the last boss might need some fine tuning, for instance our first attempt we got him down to 75% and he flew off.... We had no idea about the lightning attack but were still hugging the gate to avoid a few adds and the lightning attack extended way out of the red rectangle hit me and our tr knocking us through the gate and out of the fight.
  • warcus14warcus14 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jhumbo wrote: »
    Ummm, I am a GF and ...

thing is gwf's are the best tanks in the game at this moment there is no tank needed in this game and going as a dps gf makes no sense since every other class can out dps u easily at your score u were probably better geared then your tr and gwf (if u even had one with u that played destroyer) When a tr or a gwf(destroyer) has the same amount of gear for example all end gear then the tr and gwf will outdamage u ofc cause THIS IS HOW THE GAME IS MADE
    damage dealers deal most damage
    damage dealers can tank but not as good as a tank
    Tank's can tank most damage
    Tank's can deal damage but not as much as a DAMAGE dealers
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    warcus14 wrote: »
    thing is gwf's are the best tanks in the game at this moment there is no tank needed in this game and going as a dps gf makes no sense since every other class can out dps u easily at your score u were probably better geared then your tr and gwf (if u even had one with u that played destroyer) When a tr or a gwf(destroyer) has the same amount of gear for example all end gear then the tr and gwf will outdamage u ofc cause THIS IS HOW THE GAME IS MADE
    damage dealers deal most damage
    damage dealers can tank but not as good as a tank
    Tank's can tank most damage
    Tank's can deal damage but not as much as a DAMAGE dealers

BRO do you even play

a lot of people in like a lot of post always mention that GF deal a lot of damage similar to TR or CW in fact i have wn on DPS and damage taken a lot of times, with the change in the stalwart set this is going to change probably but depends the timeles dps build + CN set gives you even more damage due to recovery/crit and same tankiness than stalwart
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    added lots of trolls
    impossible to finish now
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did Malablog with 2CW GF and 3 CW setups and both ran smooth and nicely. You'll approach situations differently but I don't think one constellation is really superior.