test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Known Issue] Call to Arms queues - Event EXTENDED!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all!

We've identified an issue where queues for the new Call to Arms event are taking an abnormally long time. We'll let you know when we have an update on this!

Thanks!

Update 1: We're still investigating the issue and hope to have a fix soon!
Update 2: We've been able to apply a hotfix to the live servers for this issue. Queues should now be acting normally! Thank you!
Update 3: We're extending the Call to Arms event until 10AM PDT on TUESDAY, 8/13 (time converter here)! Thanks!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    We are investigating the cause as well as possible options to address this issue.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yet another reason why this shouldn't be a time limited event.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks! Looking forward to giving this a second run :) I missed being able to do skirmishes, hope you guys eventually make these permanent and give us an Epic one for each area.
  • hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there hidden ZEN pay option to join CTA? Im DC, from start of event im in queue ... 3h ... GJ.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol, the Queue system has been horrible since I started playing, and not expecting any changes there ;)
  • darkrose50darkrose50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps you can extend it, it was painful waiting, and then missing the "are you there" check 20-40 min later, because I checked these forums to see what the problem is.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got in two quick ones in beginning. Really like the idea of this event and would love to see more of it with other Skrimishes, but I must agree with everyone the queues are now just crazy long.
  • zvi55zvi55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just went pugging CTA with 2 others (one of them party leader), got 2 blues from the chests but ended up going to the party leader because he changed the loot settings. Does that force us to not pug this event?
  • maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YUP...Queue system need fixing! I did get to try two times event but waiting time is horrible long! :-(
  • aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know what would be really hilarious?
    3 days later, right after the event is over.

Cryptic Neverwinter Announcements:

The event was a huge success! And to celebrate we will be reducing the prices of zen related items by 10%. We want to thank everybody who participated in this event. Please stay tuned and alert for more upcoming epic events!"

If translated correctly:
    "The event was a huge failure!... We wanted to screw everybody who participated in this event. Please sit on your lazy *** some more for more upcoming epic fail events!"
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am usually a supporter of this game but this Queue issue is flat out idiotic! Seriously, does Crypitc enjoy shooting itself repeatedly??????? The out of "open beta" event was bad enough with the portals freezing some people's game because they were unoptimized. It at least ran and people could quickly log back in to the game. The Queue has basically crippled this event! Been waiting an hour now with my lvl 60 rouge. The devs should have used their brains and planned it better to avoid this issue before even starting this event. I think they should increase it from a 3 day event to a permanent event.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PW /Cryptic to busy counting cash from zen sales to care 8)
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hifix wrote: »
    Is there hidden ZEN pay option to join CTA?.

HAHA, now that would not suprise me at all if they did.... Dont give them any idea's
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there a (too low) maximum number of instances of CTA or what? Even if you go in with a premade group you just wait and wait and.....

I am a bit disappointed that I was only able to run through this 3 times, and then it was just endless waiting ... and yes, I am also disappointed in how non-challenging this was.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Awesome even ya got there... wish I could play it.
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The big problem here is the queue system..

It doesnt NOT allow you to fill your group when after 40minutes inside a dungeon some decides to leave, leaving with only 40 minutes of WASTED TIME in your hands because now you cant finish the dungeon with only 4 man and there is no hope of the system finding another player to fill the slot... and that leads to people doing less and less dungeons and having less will to log in the game...
    You cant enter a dungeon even with FULL PARTY, you have to wait sometimes 5 to 10 minutes....
    WITH A FULL PARTY... people are complaining about this from the start of the open beta...
    but still the devs dont listen or dont care...
    and now the skyrmish event is the same thing...

i was in a full group and waited for about 1h15 minutes for the queue untill i got fed up and pissed off and logged out of the game...

1H15Minutes ....in a full group... even for a player alone it was too much time, but for a FULL GROUP its ridiculous...

I dont know how many people got the patience to wait more than that for a queue but i dont have it...
    neither the patience or the time and will to do so...

How many more players are you going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off ? its like you are doing it on purpose to alienate the majority of your player base by having **** queue system, poor content and incompetent people on the steering wheel of the game...
    why make an event, then making publicity for it on the foruns,facebook,twitter and then people cant even try it ?

They really have to change the queue system, other games have been doing it BETTER for YEARS now...
    Or the system we have now is the only thing we are getting because its a free to play game and they just dont care about the quality of their product...
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another 40mins an nothing...

Hey guys your all invited to the bar an the drinks are on me... only problem being theres only 1 barman..

GJ!
  • bossenickbossenick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been waiting 1 hour now for going in.. :/ This is crasy...
  • bossenickbossenick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do i really have to wait for 1 hour to get in.. :/ .. This is crasy..
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This queue is making me QQ
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . Moved 16 posts to here from the other thread, which were posted after the time-stamp on this sticky's OP. This was to help ensure that players notice that they are working on a fix. Also moved Panderus' post here.

panderus wrote: »
    We are investigating the cause as well as possible options to address this issue.
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

We've identifying an issue where queuing for the new Call to Arms event is taking an abnormally long time. We'll let you know when we have an update on this!

Thanks!
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry the q time will get shorter for full groups after a while, when nobody else bothers to even try you will get right in. This limited number of instances for skirmishes and dungeons is just plain stupid.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's good to know that you're working on it. I hope you get it fixed but also fix issues with slow queues (with even waiting times of upto a few mins with a full party) on normal dungeons.
  • wh00pstick0923wh00pstick0923 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did i really quit my job for this??
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Queue] Not enough players accepted the offer for "Call to Arms - Limited Time Event: Orc Assault". Returning to matchmaking.

WHAT THE HELL!?? Waited for over 1 hour, accepted, and this occurred. This event receives a 0! Honestly, way to go to drive more players away. I was queued solo not in a team btw.

Update: The queue reactivated 10 minutes later and I was able to run the event. Honestly I think there should be better drops if the Queue is taking so long just to get in the event. This queue issue is nothing to snicker about because even teams are having issues.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 Hour 10 Mins an I just got in for a 10 min skirmish and 2 savage enchants!!

Patience is a virtue an all that;)
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So is this going to get fixed or do we have to wait until Tuesday (PST) for additional hardware to arrive and be installed, so the server can spawn a few more instances?
  • drmojo123456drmojo123456 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WORSE YET, I finally got in a game. I am level 60 and was in a skirmish with level 8 players?
    WTH? And they were surviving, I was getting one shotted and they should have been.
    MATCH LEVEL 60 WITH LEVEL 60 PLAYERS, DUH.