test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharing Astral Diamonds between your characters

kaedrinstormkaedrinstorm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Have they announced or plan to allow you to share your astral diamonds between your characters without having the do the sell/cancel trick (which wastes AD)?

It's hard to take the packs seriously when they only give one character the big AD boost (I'm a HOTN buyer and all 2mil went to a single character that I don't exclusively play).
Post edited by kaedrinstorm on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can share with other characters on the same account by using the AD/zen exchange to transfer the AD over with no charge , if however you want to give AD to characters on another account then it's the AH method sadly.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
  • kaedrinstormkaedrinstorm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How do you do it without charge? The only way I know how is to list AD for zen and then cancel it on the character you want the AD on. That has a (penalty) cost unless they changed it.

Edit: I did that and it actually bought the zen and I couldn't cancel the listing.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    How do you do it without charge? The only way I know how is to list AD for zen and then cancel it on the character you want the AD on. That has a (penalty) cost unless they changed it.

Edit: I did that and it actually bought the zen and I couldn't cancel the listing.
    . . . . . You need to make it for the lowest offer that no one is buying. I list mine for 50 AD per Zen and then immediately go to the listings tab and cancel it (50 is the lowest, the current rate is just over 330 AD per Zen). Naturally, if you make an offer for one that is the going rate, it is going to get sold right away.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    you cancel on the same character that listed.
    then log the other character and claim the AD from the exchange.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eh... I buy Zen with my AD. If I need AD for something I just buy AD with the Zen I have. Sure I lose some AD in the process, but all the characters on my account have access to AD as long as I have the Zen to pay for it. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is no charge incurred for posting or cancelling zen purchases so you do not lose any AD when moving diamonds between chars on the same account. I dunno if they tried that in an early beta but certainly since open beta it has been this way. Otherwise i think the zen market would be far less active.
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . There is no fee (and hasn't been since Alpha at least) for using the AD Exchange, so not sure how people are thinking they are being charged to use the AD Exchange. It is the Auction House that has a fee for placing items up for bide/sale.
  • vacovenatorvacovenator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It appears that the AD/Zen transfer process is working as intended... It's just not intended to work very well.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It appears that the AD/Zen transfer process is working as intended... It's just not intended to work very well.

Please enlighten us as to how and why?

It works exactly as intended and perfectly well at no fee to move AD to other chracters.
    If you are not understanding how it works that is not a game problem.
    Sometimes problems really are operator error.
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I never had to claim the full balance on any single character with the diamonds I got from my Guardian Pack. If you have a balance of AD [from a pack] then the exchange interface will have an input field at the bottom where you can take a specific amount rather than the whole balance on one character.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm, maybe guilty of the operator error, but I can't find how to reclaim the posting. Now down 34K AD and can't seem to find how to get it back. Purchase showed as cancelled on event log.

Can't find on alt or original character.

Help please?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All the D's and Zen go to Exchange Balance. There you can withdraw what you like.

It's not like the whole D/Zen transfer character to character is something new.
    That's how it's been working in Champions Online since the beginning of whole Zen/Questionite/VulkanEars/Diamonds introduction.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got it, the button is on the Zen and AD tabs, not the listings tab where I expected it to be.

Thanks, job done!
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This method does not seem to work with different shards (thoguh same account) at the moment either, least last time I tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
    edited August 2013
    lyfebane wrote: »
    This method does not seem to work with different shards (thoguh same account) at the moment either, least last time I tried.
    You are correct, as I stated up above:
    zebular wrote: »
    Transferring Astral Diamonds

Q: Is it possible to Transfer Claimed Astral Diamonds from one Character to another Character on the same account?

A: Yes! As long as both characters are on the same Shard.

To do this, you first need to open up the Astral Diamond Exchange (The Gem Icon on the Menu Bar) and then you will need to place an offer to Buy Zen for Astral Diamonds (in effect, selling your ADs). Immediately after placing the Listing, cancel the Listing on your active trades tab. This will then place those Astral Diamondsinto an Exchange Pool. You can then log out of that character and log in with a different character and go into the Exchange and claim them from your Exchange Pool. You cannot transfer Astral Diamonds across Shards however, as each Shard has it's own Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction Houses. You can only place refined Astral Diamonds into the Exchange.

Q: Is it possible to Give another Player (or different account) my Astral Diamonds?

A: No. You must either use the Astral Diamond Exchange to buy or sell Astral Diamonds or use the Auction House to sell or buy wares for Astral Diamonds. You can however make small donations to Foundry Authors upon completing one of their Foundry Missions when you rate and review it.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lyfebane wrote: »

You cant exchange across shards directly, as Zeb has said. But one thing to keep in mind, Zen is not locked to a shard, and is available to any character on any shard.

Therefore, if you actually convert your AD to Zen, that pool of Zen can then be reconverted to AD on another shard. Obviously, carefully watching exchange rates will help here. It is possible to break even or even make a profit, should the exchange rage across shards be favorable to you.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ha, Zeb, did you quote me on that? Looks almost exactly like something I posted months ago. Don't care if you did, just happened to catch my eye. I've been teaching my guildmates in Greycloaks that trick for ages. It's nothing new, works in STO as well.
    edited August 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    Ha, Zeb, did you quote me on that? Looks almost exactly like something I posted months ago. Don't care if you did, just happened to catch my eye. I've been teaching my guildmates in Greycloaks that trick for ages. It's nothing new, works in STO as well.
    . . . . . Nay, that was my own wording for an addition to the old Alpha (the later Beta) FAQs we had stickied some months ago. I didn't transcribe it from any existing posts or statements, totally original. Feel free to use, (there is a typo there-in however; "Astral Diamondsinto an" should be "Astral Diamonds into an" instead).
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is NO fee to transfer/buy/sell/ zen or ad via exchange. if you use AH there is a fee of 10%

when you set a buy/sell via exchange you can cancel it on any character(on that shard) with no fee
    when you cancel it the AD and zen go into an account based pot this pot can be accessed from any character in that shard.
    also with no fee. I often keep all my AD in this Account pot.

The system may be a bit confusing but it works fine. It would be nice if they added the ability to share gold as well. or maybe just give us account banks so we don't have to deal with mail.