test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession's Asset Pack

ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There is a Profession's Asset Pack available for 1600 Zen. Has anyone gotten one of these and if so what was inside it? The description is very vague and what difference is it compared to the 300 Zen Profession's Booster Pack...$16 or 571,000 AD (that's current exchange Zen to AD numbers) is a pretty penny to spend on a gambling box...
Post edited by ladykilliya on

Comments

• kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have terrible luck with those types of things but decided once a while ago to try 1 out just for fun.

Cost of asset pack 1600 zen (512k AD at the time)
    Contents of asset pack 1 blue mailsmith, rest green assets...none of which I wanted
    Value of said items on AH 185k
    Nett loss 327k AD

That was before the special event with the lilend in the pack that crashed the market on most of the items in it too, so today would have been even more of a loss.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It guarantees you more of the Assets (I.E. "Crafters) rather than Resources (I.E. Crafting supplies). However, it is a better deal to buy several of the 300 Zen bags, as you will usually do better overall, and I think that Event where you get Trade Bars and (maybe) a nice companion is still going on. If money is no object, then get the more expensive one. It gives you a better (although still VERY small) chance at the very best Crafting stuff in the Game.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually I just use AD, I bought 3 Prof Booster packs at about 66k AD apiece and got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in 2 and a steel hammer in one so if I end up selling the hammer I'll do a little better than break even but I was just curious if anyone got an epic crafting tool or craftsman...I won't spend real money on this game, I just mess around with crafting these days and accumulating AD's...
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually I just use AD, I bought 3 Prof Booster packs at about 66k AD apiece and got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in 2 and a steel hammer in one so if I end up selling the hammer I'll do a little better than break even but I was just curious if anyone got an epic crafting tool or craftsman...I won't spend real money on this game, I just mess around with crafting these days and accumulating AD's...
    What server are you on? O_o The profession booster packs on Beholder rarely fall below 130k AD , the only reason I know this for sure is because I only just got my tailor to lvl 20 and have been buying them to get the tools to craft the gemmed purple pants and shirt myself.
  • pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    I have spent quite abit on these boxes, both the 1600 zen and 300 zen types. Mailsmithing items seem to drop extremely rarely from these imo. I have seen a purple tool once after 8-10 1600 packs, which was for a craft I didn't have above level 2. They seem biased heavily towards workers compared to tools. I eventually gave up trying to get the craft tools I needed from the boxes and instead spent the 4mil AD buying the tools directly from the AH.

My recommendation is just buy the purple shirts/pants you need from the AH. You need to Crit over 20 purples to pay for the investment in tools.
  • ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm on beholder. There are always people putting stuff up on the AH dirt cheap. I think either they are sick of the game and want to screw up the economy or just have a bunch of money and want to spread it around...I'm always getting deals since I log in like 6 times a day and just do crafting and check the AH...My days are seriously numbered anyways, I'm just gonna log in next week and give all my stuff away to noobs. After I checked what I can craft at level 20 I totally lost interest so time to move on and waste time elsewhere...:)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    That was before the special event with the lilend in the pack that crashed the market on most of the items in it too, so today would have been even more of a loss.

Actually, the Tymora event got enough people buying enough stuff that most of the prices on crafting assets are slightly inflated right now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    What server are you on? O_o The profession booster packs on Beholder rarely fall below 130k AD , the only reason I know this for sure is because I only just got my tailor to lvl 20 and have been buying them to get the tools to craft the gemmed purple pants and shirt myself.

Uh, are you buying them on the AH instead of exchanging your diamonds for Zen and buying them right from the store? Zen store items on the AH are almost* always marked up.

*I say almost because I've seen Greater Bags of Holding off the AH for cheaper than the exchange rate on multiple occasions. And the ones I didn't buy myself sold really fast.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually, the Tymora event got enough people buying enough stuff that most of the prices on crafting assets are slightly inflated right now.

You must be seeing something different to me then cos everything I have checked appears to be a lower price now than before...perhaps not as low as they were before the Tymora event but certainly lower than before they started the lilend thing.
    edited August 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    You must be seeing something different to me then cos everything I have checked appears to be a lower price now than before...perhaps not as low as they were before the Tymora event but certainly lower than before they started the lilend thing.

Hmm... some of them are a bit lower again, mostly on the low end of average though (except Alchemy, which is currently low). I haven't been watching as closely because I don't really want to buy anything else right at the moment. I see the Zen store is saying Lillends can still drop from bags though that promo was set to end August 1.

Yup, article has a new date. Aug 7. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=939431

Edit: During the Tymora event though, pretty much everything got bought up. It was mindboggling.

Neverwinter Census 2017