test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily Powers!

shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Good Day!
I wonder the rogues if they observe as is the time interval between one and another Daily power, and how much time you fill your AP "bar".
Thank you!
Post edited by shafikmaceno on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you asking how long it takes to fill the AP globe as a function of time? It's a function of damage dealt combined with certain feats and an encounter. So it is going to depend for every TR and how much damage they're doing. The Bait and Switch dummy can be super helpful for this, especially when fighting enemies with massive damage - if it would one-shot you, it will probably fill your AP globe.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    I noticed while spamming Blitz in PE that it refills some AP without requiring damage -- not a large amount but significant enough for certain situations, but I wonder if this is an anomaly/bug.
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good Day!
    I wonder the rogues if they observe as is the time interval between one and another Daily power, and how much time you fill your AP "bar".
    Thank you!

as one guy already said, AP regen is relative to each rogue. However, compared to other classes....TR's seem to gain AP very slowly. Damage does increase it and also using encounters such as Smoke bomb, Impossible to Catch etc generates a fixed amount when used (still relative according to the TR's AP gain i believe)
  • shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    That's cool!

I got a refill time of 30 ~ 45 seconds after using Lukers basically with feats of Scoundrel.
    Action Advantage +Action Rush has a synergy exelente! Of course we need some "tricks", and one of them is the use of the Impact Shot (which if used in the right way in this build, counts as 4 encounters!), You choose two, which in my case one of them is the shadow strike, which I use to refill stealth, so beginning the rotation beginning with the bufs Cuning Ambusher some more passive as Tactics. Generally when finished it with my AP'm already full, and use Lukers, that gives me another refill, plus a rotation beginning with "almost" all impact loads full.
    edited August 2013
    as one guy already said, AP regen is relative to each rogue. However, compared to other classes....TR's seem to gain AP very slowly. Damage does increase it and also using encounters such as Smoke bomb, Impossible to Catch etc generates a fixed amount when used (still relative according to the TR's AP gain i believe)

I have complete science that friend, but here I want to know various TR's remarks is that if you understand the proposed topic.
    De anyway very thanks for participate.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    From rough initial testing, it appears damage does not appear to increase AP gain.
    Crit lashing + regular lashing (easily a 20k+ difference) gives the same amount of AP.

Either the damage/AP ratio is extremely low or it simply does not increase AP.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • alassaelalassael Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The slow AP gen of the TR is one of the biggest frustrations I have with this class. I didn't realize how bad it was until I played some of the other classes.

GF: so easy to generate it from blocks I feel like I use my daily as often as my encounters (maybe a 1:2 ratio)
    GWF: I use slam every fight without thinking about it (unless it is a single enemy)
    CW: Shield refills my bar 50% if I use it correctly.
    DC: I have no experience here.

Seriously, why is it so hard to get AP as a trickster?
    Tip of the Day: The forums are not for guides or tips or learning how to play. They are here for people to whine until something gets nerfed or buffed.
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    AP gain depends on the powers you use and on your recovery. Each power has its own ap gain base, increased by your recovery %. Damage done is not related to ap gain.
    Bait and switch is usually a good way to gain ap if you find ap gain too slow.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So just for fun, I permastealthed solo'ed the Blasphemer. Btw, sometimes he and his adds seem to be able to completely see through stealth and beat on your like a rented mule. That being said, the purpose was to see if I could keep my AP filled. The answer is kind of, yes.

Enter stealth with a full AP meter.
    Attack with DF and pop Lurker's Assault.
    Once LA ends, he is probably about to drop a big red circle of death.
    Bait and Switch, then dodge out of the circle.
    The damage done to the BaS dummy should come quite close to refilling the AP meter if it doesn't do it completely.
    Rinse and Repeat (interspersed with Shadow Strike and ItC as needed - particularly if you haven't stacked enough recovery)

Bear in mind, if you blow the timing and get hit by one of the A0E's you're going to have a run around for a bit. It is also still going to be a long and challenging fight until other people show up to help. If they don't, expect to spend a good bit of phase one taking him on by himself. If you blow the timing after he summons the Shocktroop devils, expect to be hosed.

Their ability to see through stealth appears to be inconsistent.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• aizenhart1aizenhart1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    As TR i can usually regenerate my Daily by using Lashing blade and Impact shot. I can refill my AP globe for less than 15 sec. The Trick? balancing my stats. Since your a TR its doesnt mean you dont add RECOVERY. Remember RECOVERY can increase your AP gain and decrease your cooldown. Bigger damage does not increase AP gain rate, and you dont gain AP during Lurker's Assault. There are feats that increases your AP gain when your in stealth and in combat advantage. This things can help. so there you go thats my basis fro AP gain rate.

P.S. Yes Bait and Switch can refill your AP quicker, but would you give up 1 slot of your damaging skills for just an increase of about 10% of your AP globe?
    edited August 2013
    aizenhart1 wrote: »
    As TR i can usually regenerate my Daily by using Lashing blade and Impact shot. I can refill my AP globe for less than 15 sec. The Trick? balancing my stats. Since your a TR its doesnt mean you dont add RECOVERY. Remember RECOVERY can increase your AP gain and decrease your cooldown. Bigger damage does not increase AP gain rate, and you dont gain AP during Lurker's Assault. There are feats that increases your AP gain when your in stealth and in combat advantage. This things can help. so there you go thats my basis fro AP gain rate.

P.S. Yes Bait and Switch can refill your AP quicker, but would you give up 1 slot of your damaging skills for just an increase of about 10% of your AP globe?

I prefer to use Action Rush (15% of total AP when procs) + Impact Shot (damange slot with stealth are 4 charges) in place of Bait and Switch.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Interesting to read what skills everyone is using, I figured impact shot and ItC we're almost exclusively for PvP, and BaS more for making a run to next campfire. I use tactics for +15% AP gain and usually have my daily up either every pull or every other, and I am running shadow strike, smoke bomb (usually), and wicked reminder.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • aizenhart1aizenhart1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    I prefer to use Action Rush (15% of total AP when procs) + Impact Shot (damange slot with stealth are 4 charges) in place of Bait and Switch.

Yes Tactics is good to but i woudnt waste one of my slots for insignificant AP gain rate increase, and i wouldnt prefer using Impact shot while stealthed. i always combo it with Lashing blade since the damage is very significant. faster to pin down those bigger Adds

My stats is the following not exact though

Pow 5700+ with additional 900 from Swash = 6600 Full Stacks
    Crit 2800+ = 50% Crit Chance
    Armor Pen 2300+ = 23% Resistance ignore
    Recovery 1200+ with additional 900 from Swash which is 2100 on full Stacks= 32% Action Point gain