Install Arc
Options

Healing Powers and Synergistic Feats

Comments

• Options
    scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    What was "fixed" with Rising Hope, please?

Aaah my bad, sorry. Preview only, so far.
    panderus wrote: »

[*]Devoted Cleric
    • Feat - Rising Hope: Now buffs stats correctly, rather than Power increasing Recovery etc.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Based on my tests no Divine Advantage on Sunburst/Astral Seal yet on live. Tested via my Righteous cleric.

I only use tabbed Divine Glow to power up dailies, and I don't have Linked Spirit (excellent for Faithful, but hard to make room for for Virtuous). It's possible the numbers were just weird that day, but I hope they're fixing it anyway.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Based on my tests no Divine Advantage on Sunburst/Astral Seal yet on live. Tested via my Righteous cleric.

Thanks for checking.
    I'm hoping it's a change that sticks. I've been wanting Divine Advantage for a while but it only proc'd off spells I hardly used. I may even go the whole hog, drop linked and head on down to healing step. The more I try that feat, the more I like it and I can imagine it being pretty great for those dungeon "death runs" as well as PvP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've known Divine Advantage was great against rogues (one fellow posted a record 25% damage reduction from rogue attacks while the rogue was in stealth... rogue probably stacked Cha) but yeah I found the conditions you had to meet for it to proc restrictive.
    I love Healing Step on my Righteous cleric, but it's just too deep into the Righteous tree for any of my other clerics.
    I hope they buff Strength of the Gods or Disciple of the Divine Lore for Virtuous. You can't help but feel a bit cheated if you looked at these feats and then compared them to Moontouched or Healing Step. I imagine someone using one of those perma-invis rogue builds is going to be very surprised when his daggers crit and the cleric suddenly starts dodging 3-4 times in a row.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've known Divine Advantage was great against rogues (one fellow posted a record 25% damage reduction from rogue attacks while the rogue was in stealth... rogue probably stacked Cha) but yeah I found the conditions you had to meet for it to proc restrictive.
    I love Healing Step on my Righteous cleric, but it's just too deep into the Righteous tree for any of my other clerics.
    I hope they buff Strength of the Gods or Disciple of the Divine Lore for Virtuous. You can't help but feel a bit cheated if you looked at these feats and then compared them to Moontouched or Healing Step. I imagine someone using one of those perma-invis rogue builds is going to be very surprised when his daggers crit and the cleric suddenly starts dodging 3-4 times in a row.

You've basically encompassed all my reasons for wanting those feats.

By the way, messing around on preview, I think you are right, they've changed something. I'm getting almost double damage on BoTS crits. I'm still trying to figure out what it's from though. Hallowed ground was up but I don't remember it boosting my damage quite that much before.

Edit: Also, I'm seeing Healing Step proc without me being hit. I'm seeing it proc just from messing around on the target dummies, from critical Astral Seal heals (yea, Astral Seal again lol) for example: the seal crits, I apply BotS and voila .. healing step.
    Further Edit: I've also seen it proccing from using Sunburst and Punishing Light (I assume because of Repurpose Soul).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So with the proper setup you can keep Healing Step up every other 10 seconds? Lol.

Edit:
    Unrelated but just for the record Power of the Sun stacking has been removed. :(
    Oh well. At least we have Divine Advantage now.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So with the proper setup you can keep Healing Step up every other 10 seconds? Lol.

Well, I respecced to take it so I can confirm this also works on live (Healing Step). No Divine Advantage change though = /

Amended list.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Quick update.
    Divine Advantage proccing from Sunburst and Astral seal - confirmed on live after todays patch =)
    Oh and it overwrites itself. ie the buff can be up pretty much constantly.

List updated.
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Awesome, thanks for that info!
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP- thanks so much for the list and continual testing/updating, cleared up a lot of doubt and should be stickied.

I have a related question that perhaps you can help test. Since the latest patch (it maybe have been present earlier but I merely haven't noticed) I have seen a number of my heals get deflected by party members. It shows the same way as damage deflection, but instead of the red arrow and the deflected damage I get a green arrow showing the heal has been deflected, and healed for a very mediocre number of hitpoints. I have seen this both in combat and out of combat, so it probably isn't tied to particular abilities being used.

Does this mean DC heals can be deflected by one's deflection rating? Are high deflect builds thus gimping themselves from DC healing? Deflect DC build + righteousness = facepalm? Thanks in advance!
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    does invograted healing stack? as its heal dont kick in for 6 seconds, what happens when you cast multiple encounters that trigger invigorate?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OP- thanks so much for the list and continual testing/updating, cleared up a lot of doubt and should be stickied.

I have a related question that perhaps you can help test. Since the latest patch (it maybe have been present earlier but I merely haven't noticed) I have seen a number of my heals get deflected by party members. It shows the same way as damage deflection, but instead of the red arrow and the deflected damage I get a green arrow showing the heal has been deflected, and healed for a very mediocre number of hitpoints. I have seen this both in combat and out of combat, so it probably isn't tied to particular abilities being used.

Does this mean DC heals can be deflected by one's deflection rating? Are high deflect builds thus gimping themselves from DC healing? Deflect DC build + righteousness = facepalm? Thanks in advance!

So that's what those arrows mean :P Yea, I've noticed this a couple of times too. If it's deflect then it has to be a bug really, cos in the current climate not even Cryptic would be stupid enough to implement something like that for heals. I'd report it, if it hasn't been already.

OT: Have you also noticed a change in sunburst casting? It seems I have to wait a touch longer now to hit tab after casting than before the patch. Probably just lag. I also feel like I'm running slower too. Although, that could be a change from 74 fov to 80 fov (but usually that has the opposite effect - i normally fps not tps though).
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    does invograted healing stack? as its heal dont kick in for 6 seconds, what happens when you cast multiple encounters that trigger invigorate?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "stack".
    What happens if you cast multiple encounters (three - the clue is in the tooltip) is you get multiple ( ... three) procs. Suburst, that's one, AS .. that's two and Bastion .... that's three.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    that eaxctly what i mean, will they all have there seperate procs, which i would hope they do. and by stack i meant if 1 ticking, can another be applied before thats finished so they can be 2-3 ticking away at same time.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    that eaxctly what i mean, will they all have there seperate procs, which i would hope they do. and by stack i meant if 1 ticking, can another be applied before thats finished so they can be 2-3 ticking away at same time.

It doesn't tick, it's one heal (per person hit in whatever of the 3 AoE encounters you used to proc it) 6 seconds after the feat procs and yes you will get all three.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    scozzers wrote: »
    So that's what those arrows mean :P Yea, I've noticed this a couple of times too. If it's deflect then it has to be a bug really, cos in the current climate not even Cryptic would be stupid enough to implement something like that for heals. I'd report it, if it hasn't been already.

Thanks for the quick reply! I made a bug report and they mentioned they'll fix the deflection which appears to be from Miracle Healer's set. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414631-Unintended-game-mechanic-Heals-can-be-deflected

As for Sunburst, post patch tab had seems fairly similar but quite a few members of our guild found the servers had quite a bit of lag/rubberbanding last night so perhaps it's just lag.
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone tell me how long the DR buff from foresight lasts after you heal someone? Does this duration refresh with ticks of HoTs?
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Really great thread mate..If only i had a respec coin to shore up my traits
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply! I made a bug report and they mentioned they'll fix the deflection which appears to be from Miracle Healer's set. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414631-Unintended-game-mechanic-Heals-can-be-deflected

Ah, good job. Fast response from one of the big cheeses too.
    So, they fixed the helm's name and broke the set bonus ... gg.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if I found that the reason I feel slower is because they borked the helm's enchantment slot at the same time (this had crossed my mind).
    solwrath wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long the DR buff from foresight lasts after you heal someone? Does this duration refresh with ticks of HoTs?

Well, the buff has a visible icon (same as the passive slot icon), so you can see for yourself. I might check this out though next time I'm messing about.
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    Really great thread mate..If only i had a respec coin to shore up my traits

Thanks.
    It's actually not so expensive as it was. Works out about 100k ad I think. I would still respec a few times on preview first tho - make sure you've got it right.
  • Options
    sirkourosirkouro Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just to let myself know if I understood that feat properly. If you cast these 3 encounters, after 6 seconds invigorated will trigger THREE heals, one per encounter?

Meaning, with 5 points on Invigorated Healing, you'll get 3x2.5%= 7.5% of Max hit points on EACH CHARACTER?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It doesn't tick, it's one heal (per person hit in whatever of the 3 AoE encounters you used to proc it) 6 seconds after the feat procs and yes you will get all three.

Sorry, my last post was a bit confusing. I was refering to this answer. I'll copy again my post.

"Just to let myself know if I understood that feat properly. If you cast these 3 encounters, after 6 seconds invigorated will trigger THREE heals, one per encounter?

Meaning, with 5 points on Invigorated Healing, you'll get 3x2.5%= 7.5% of Max hit points on EACH CHARACTER? "

Thanks for your thread, scozzers. Helps me a lot with my respec.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sirkouro wrote: »
    Just to let myself know if I understood that feat properly. If you cast these 3 encounters, after 6 seconds invigorated will trigger THREE heals, one per encounter?

Meaning, with 5 points on Invigorated Healing, you'll get 3x2.5%= 7.5% of Max hit points on EACH CHARACTER?

That's pretty much it.
    2.5% for each person in Astral Shield, once every 15 (for the sake of discussion) seconds.
    2.5% for each person in Sunburst, once every 9 (ditto) seconds
    2.5% for each person in Bastion, once every .. whatever the cooldown has been changed to .. seconds.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That's pretty much it.
    2.5% for each person in Astral Shield, once every 15 (for the sake of discussion) seconds.
    2.5% for each person in Sunburst, once every 9 (ditto) seconds
    2.5% for each person in Bastion, once every .. whatever the cooldown has been changed to .. seconds.

Oh my God, thanks again. I needed to be sure, because that numbers make me think of these 5 feat points are totally indispensable. What's your point?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh my God, thanks again. I needed to be sure, because that numbers make me think of these 5 feat points are totally indispensable. What's your point?

Are you asking what my point of view is on that feat or how many points do I have in it?
    For the sake of speed, I'll answer both anyway.
    For me, the only indispensable feat in that path is Benefit of Foresight (assuming you use foresight passive). If you use both Sunburst and Bastion and have to make a choice then Linked spirit can be a better option if you're looking to get to Moontouched. Invigorated is alright (I'm talking PvE of course) in that it's another little heal on top of all the other little heals flying about, keeping people topped up. Nice with sunburst but for me it it's nothing clutch, just bigger numbers on the board at the end. I currently don't have points in it. To give some context, in my most recent respec, I took paragon feats: 5 enduring relief, 5 benefit of foresight, 4 divine advantage (before the fix) and 1 rising hope and I left it at that for about a week, leaving 16 paragon points unspent. I felt hardly any difference in my effectiveness. I solo healed SP, ToS, FH etc etc etc ... and CN, all multiple times. Bear in mind, I have decent .. ish gear. At lower gear levels you probably need everything you can get. I can't advise you. You must decide yourself based on the encounters that you use the most or find most useful and that is precisely why this list was made, to help you match your feats efficiently to all the encounters you prefer to use. Really, the most important things still are high daily uptime (sunburst + holy fervor) and ... staying alive (def, hp, dodge) and this has been pointed out many times by many other people since early beta.

TLDR:
    Lower gear levels - take every bit of extra healing/buffing that your favourite encounters can proc.
    Higher gear levels - get foresight, choose your other feats with eeny meeny and faceroll.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Jajajaja ok ;)

Thanks a lot again, and sorry for the brief "off-topic" according to the thread's title.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Jajajaja ok ;)

Thanks a lot again, and sorry for the brief "off-topic" according to the thread's title.

No worries. My only concern about OT early on was, because I'm lazy, I didn't want to get into every single cleric mechanic and at one point it looked like happening XD
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    Well, the buff has a visible icon (same as the passive slot icon), so you can see for yourself. I might check this out though next time I'm messing about.
    Oh ok thanks, I was not aware of that. Just assumed there wasn't one but then again I don't know how anyone would find an answer to my question if there was no buff icon and it doesn't show on the character sheet :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just a quick heads up for all you that use Linked Spirit with SB/tab trick.
    This is fixed on preview. Try and tab and it will cancel the cast. I'm guessing this change will go live with the expansion .. but don't count on that.
    Props to Bootyjoos for bringing this to my attention. Cheers guv.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, just checked the Linked Spirit with SB/tab. Doesn't work anymore. In fact all encounters gets cancelled when tabbing. So disappointing. It wasn't like Linked Spirit was utterly broken and OP to begin with.

Something else I noticed with Prophecy of Doom in Preview. If my AP is quite high (eg 70%+) or even full, where a fulfilled PoD would fill the meter instead it would overshoot it and EMPTY your Daily meter to like 5% again. Have had this happen multiple times with both normal and D-mode PoD. I'm guessing they broke the AP cap?

*Edit: With further testing I think the AP drain is unrelated to PoD but related to an attack used by enemies that drain AP. Sorry for the derail!
    Guild and guide info

• Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An attack that drains ap? eww
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    an attack used by enemies that drain AP

Ouch! Even healer's AP? You sure it wasn't one of those exotic reduced Recovery mobs but not actual AP drain, which conceptually makes almost no sense. It would be like having a mob that drains your Rage meter in WoW or something. Mana and life drains make sense since you start with that resource.