test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a way to be a good tank with timeless or i really need to buy another set?
  • Options
    bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey how do you know if you have pre or post patch Stalwart armor? I bought some from AH tonight ....only L45 currently but I was reading a post that said nerfs to TR might make farming harder...figured worst case I pay alittle more tonight.....If prices go way up I will kick myself....that helm seems to be only piece that is currently really expensive.
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    It has been long enough it is doubtful you will find the pre patch gear on AH now. You can tell by what its required level is, if it is not level 60 then it is pre patch.
  • Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even if the stalwart set is T1 it is still better then timeless? And is there a way to enchant timeless set to make it as effective?
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bodidharma wrote: »
    Even if the stalwart set is T1 it is still better then timeless? And is there a way to enchant timeless set to make it as effective?

timeless is good but not for these built, yes yuo can in fact use it since in this game enchantments and rings and neck accesories made up for your built, timeless is better for critical severity, so you are better following envy's built on that to have the most return on the set again timeless will be the best gear in pvp if you have enough money to enchant it cause you will have most burst damage in first encounters with stalwart you will need to wait to be hit in order to have the same returns, however stalwart is still the best gear that you can use overall for Pve and Pvp as well since it has the best % of return for the set bonus, i hope that in the new content we will have some good t2.5 equip but i am afraid that if that is the case and is better than stalwart then we will have a lot of GF with a lot destructive power like the TR and we will be the next target for nerf since currently GF is the most balanced class in the game
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I use an odd gear combination of High Generals (2 set piece) and Indominable Champion (2 set piece). My gear score is 13020. I prefer the added armor pen and defense. It seems to work well for both PvP and PVE. I don't have any survivability issues and the increased Armor pen seems to help in PvP. Thoughts?
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    I use an odd gear combination of High Generals (2 set piece) and Indominable Champion (2 set piece). My gear score is 13020. I prefer the added armor pen and defense. It seems to work well for both PvP and PVE. I don't have any survivability issues and the increased Armor pen seems to help in PvP. Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea, since the key is that it works for you and you're enjoying it! Have you stacked ArPen and Def?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not exclusively. I still favor Power, Defense, Deflection. But Armor Pen is around 600. I thought about going for the Generals 4 piece set bonus, or mix with Timeless or Stalwarts, But I had the 2 piece Stalwarts and it seems I do more damage with the champions. I wanted a hybrid combo that may not be best in JUST PvP or PvE but is definitely competive in both.
  • Options
    caskaleskcaskalesk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been digging around in the 79 pages for this post. I find it very helpful but was wondering if there are any updates to the initial Feats and Powers given at the beginning because of updates or patches in the past month? I am using my GF almost exclusively for PvE and usually running solo with a companion. Is the Cat still the preferred companion? Is Stalwart still the preferred set?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    Not exclusively. I still favor Power, Defense, Deflection. But Armor Pen is around 600. I thought about going for the Generals 4 piece set bonus, or mix with Timeless or Stalwarts, But I had the 2 piece Stalwarts and it seems I do more damage with the champions. I wanted a hybrid combo that may not be best in JUST PvP or PvE but is definitely competive in both.
    interesting cheap alternative to get started but I still think Stalwart 4pc is better to pick up eventually. For PvE you can cap arpen easily with a stone/cat, thou you wont have it around in PvP so might be a nice setup to keep for that I guess. I personally enjoy blocking a few hits and then hitting them with my stalwart stacks up.
    caskalesk wrote: »
    I've been digging around in the 79 pages for this post. I find it very helpful but was wondering if there are any updates to the initial Feats and Powers given at the beginning because of updates or patches in the past month? I am using my GF almost exclusively for PvE and usually running solo with a companion. Is the Cat still the preferred companion? Is Stalwart still the preferred set?

Thanks in advance.
    Nope and imo the last 5 points in paragon are still w/e you prefer - I personally took the deflect
    Yes
    Yes
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    usually if you convine equips you might end up with more Score and if you read all the thread you will find that in fact there is a good convination there cheaper and gives you quite the boost, however nothing at the end will compensate for the bonus of the complete set, and there is no other set that is powrfull enough to beat stalwart/timeless in the long run i have read all comment in both threads (envy and roku) and i can tell you the following:

PVP timeless > Stalwart
    PvE stalwart > timeless

timeless will be more expensive to get than stalwart even if the difference than one is major over the other that difference is just a little.

as for updates on the guide, this is still the only way to go for a fully hybrid tank, and as for Feats the only change is to not use the Threat feat and use it somewhere else since after the latest patch threat generations increased :D, and as solwarth mention last 5 point can go anywhere, i follow the guide complety and even use the last 5 points for villain menage and i can tell you that in fact increases the damage of all even encounters while the daily is in place
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    arleezyarleezy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello there was thinking of getting the Timeless set and farming for the Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword/Shield (MH/OH from CN). How would these compare to the Stalwart set and Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar and Shield of the Timeless Hero as far as Hybrid tanking performance?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you will be more tanky due to extra def and deflection but you will lose overall power so is less DPS i have not tried the weapon and shield set cuase you lose to much power :S fro defense that at the end the mitigation is so minimal
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    oh my lord i have no idea :f what you just said maybe you could try using punctuation it is easier to read what you write when done that way let's ride bikes
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    arleezy wrote: »
    Hello there was thinking of getting the Timeless set and farming for the Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword/Shield (MH/OH from CN). How would these compare to the Stalwart set and Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar and Shield of the Timeless Hero as far as Hybrid tanking performance?

In terms of tanking, you would do a bit better. In terms of DPS, you will do substantially worse unless you have already significantly stacked crit to the point where the Timeless set bonus is relevant. Stalwarts with Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar appears to be the best combo for dealing damage.

• Options
    aldobrandoaldobrando Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irw6.png

4sy4.png

Wut you think of mine? me have critical chance to 20%
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    oh my lord i have no idea :f what you just said maybe you could try using punctuation it is easier to read what you write when done that way let's ride bikes

sorry my english is not good :S
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    In terms of tanking, you would do a bit better. In terms of DPS, you will do substantially worse unless you have already significantly stacked crit to the point where the Timeless set bonus is relevant. Stalwarts with Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar appears to be the best combo for dealing damage.

this is the answer basically
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sorry my english is not good :S

this is the answer basically
    I bet your English is much better than most of us could type your native language :) we sometimes forget not everyone speaks the same language as us
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2aldobrando
    and what's your crit damage?
  • Options
    hijo26hijo26 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is trample the fallen passive enchant with the paragon feat battle trample enough to hold aggro or need to change this passive with enhanced mark?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    usually in the game you hold ago based on Damage, afte rthe patch and if you follow this guide you produce enough threat to hold agro, however you are not a CW so you need to try and mantain marked enemies with enforced threat for example but as we mention the feat the give you more threat is not necesary, unless you do not produce enough DPS
  • Options
    biznaz1biznaz1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How can you reach armor penetration of 2150 when the stalwart set doesn't give you any? Also I don't have a cat. Is the cat necessary to achieve this? I'm not looking to invest any real money in this game.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    biznaz1 wrote: »
    How can you reach armor penetration of 2150 when the stalwart set doesn't give you any? Also I don't have a cat. Is the cat necessary to achieve this? I'm not looking to invest any real money in this game.

Jewelry + Shirt with slot + Weapon slot + augment class pet (i.e. Cat or Stone).

Also, very importantly, you do not have to reach maximum levels of armor penetration for PvE, because you can gain Resistance Ignored (the underlying effect of Armor Penetration) from how much DEX you have. See this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358391-Con-(GWF)-and-Dex-(GF)-are-now-addative-to-Armor-Penetration
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can anyone tell me if the potion of stamina replenishes block?
  • Options
    cjacks141989cjacks141989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So if all your worried about is pvp what would be the optimal build. I've been trying to tweak my gear but it seems something isn't working together so if anyone has an idea for the ideal spec and gear it would be much appreciated:)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So if all your worried about is pvp what would be the optimal build. I've been trying to tweak my gear but it seems something isn't working together so if anyone has an idea for the ideal spec and gear it would be much appreciated:)

Ideal spec and gear for what? How do you want to play your GF?

• Options
    cjacks141989cjacks141989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For pvp. Shelling out as much damage as possible. I hear timeless then someone else says stalwart and other thing contradict and it seems like I don't hit very hard compared to gwf with lower gs. I mostly use lunging strike bull rush and frontline. I mostly like this game for pvp and willing to buy whatever gear and spec I need, I had zero problems until I hit 60 then I get 2 shorted a lot while I hit for like 4-5k per hit
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone mathed out if tenebrous is worth it for pve? Been looking into this for a while and found really mixed opinions but not much in the way of factual numbers.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    biznaz1 wrote: »

Remember to add you resist ignore from dex as it counts towards that 24% resist ignore. Also want to mention that you can buy an ioun stone of allure by converting ad into zen for about 660k ad and it will b just as good as a cat really.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    For pvp. Shelling out as much damage as possible. I hear timeless then someone else says stalwart and other thing contradict and it seems like I don't hit very hard compared to gwf with lower gs. I mostly use lunging strike bull rush and frontline. I mostly like this game for pvp and willing to buy whatever gear and spec I need, I had zero problems until I hit 60 then I get 2 shorted a lot while I hit for like 4-5k per hit

If it is all about PvP for you then this spec and Envy's spec work well. Make sure that you stack ArPen and if you're going Timeless you want to stack Crit and use a vorpal so it counts. Getting 2-shotted in PvP as a GF shouldn't be possible if you're blocking at least some of the time. :) Getting ganged by the entire opposing team can do you in pretty quickly though...