Comments

• bren1226bren1226 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmmm, tried twice on a lvl 26 GF and couldn't get past the shadow lord. :(
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bren1226 wrote: »
    hmmm, tried twice on a lvl 26 GF and couldn't get past the shadow lord. :(

The shadows are made to be pretty tough. The Shadow Lord will heal his allies if you stay in his AoE. Try avoiding it.
    If more people feel he's too hard, I may scale back the difficulty or path some guards that way.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll give it a go Gorn, I would appreciate a play of 'Part 2' of my campaign, which has a handy 're-cap' for those who didn't play part 1 incidentally, so there's no real need to backtrack, unless of course you want to.

Part 2 is in it's beta phase atm and corrections and crits are always welcome.

Click on my signature picture to jump to the foundry spotlight page, I would appreciate if you would put your review there.. Unless you HATE it, then I'd appreciate a PM :P

Thanks,

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
    edited July 2013
    casekuk wrote: »
    Unless you HATE it, then I'd appreciate a PM :P

Haha, of course! I need to do a bit of work today, but I promise I'll play it later today.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • heroic2002heroic2002 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oops doublepost
  • heroic2002heroic2002 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok seriously I cried. I cannot believe how much detail is here. And the story....wow...oh wow. I don't even think my old tabletop group could tell stories this well. I was literally moved by this quest. You are right, there is a bit more reading than your last two, but it was totally bearable. gornonthecob, you've created a masterpiece! I swear I can't get this story out of my head now. It's going to haunt my dreams! I must know what happens next!!!!!
    edited July 2013
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! Regarding detail, I would have loved to decorate Hurin'Tal MUCH more. I would have put flower pots on the porches of homes, added windows to the buildings, ect. But sadly I was well over 1500 details. I ended up stripping that place, keeping only the most essential details. I do hope they raise the cap. Thank you again for all your kind words!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Typo Report:
    • Young Drow Street Urchin: "You said he has an upcoming birthday?" (remove extraneous period)
    • Young Drow Street Urchin: "Neverwinter Wood" (not "Woods")
    • Velmira: "levitating" (not "levetating")
    • Jasmine: "Actually, I found this flower..." (comma)
    • Jasmine: "Well, unless they..." (comma)
    • Kabel: "Be persistent." (not "persistant")
    • Kabel: "You're very persistent..." (not "presistant")
    • Kabel: "Inevitables are otherworldly beings." ("other worldly" means something entirely different)
    • Kabel: "... may not be dead per se..." (not "persay," which isn't a word)
    • Kabel: "A wizard journal, eh? Full of wizard secrets, I'll bet!" (commas)
    • Kabel: "... appreciates my thoughts!" (not "appretiates")
    • Sylmeria: "Oh, we'll never..." (comma)
    • Sylmeria: "... deserves more than a half-built dining..." (hyphen)
    • Traven Darrow: "... these people may have been beggars on the..." (not "beggers")
    • Traven Darrow: "Albeit, the life of an adventurer such as yourself may be a lot more fast-paced in comparison." (misspelling, hyphen)
    • Traven Darrow: "I was passing through the valley and saw the village." (no comma, delete extraneous "the")
    • Traven Darrow: "It would appear that they are having some trouble constructing the dining area." (not "dinning")
    • Tarsis: "tendency," not "tendancy"
    • Rare Celestial Mead: "Outer planes," not "outter."
    • Torn Piece of Cloth: "[Use Thievery Skills]" (not "Theivery")
    • Akera: "She shies away." (not "shys")
    • Iron Golem: "A large Iron Golem lies..." (not "lay")
    • Iron Golem: "this thing's heart?!" (apostrophe)
    • Iron Golem: "she was overcome with sadness" (not "saddness")
    • Iron Golem refers to "Akera" as "Akira" a few times

Other notes:
    • The burning house is really laggy.
    • Akera doesn't follow you at all in the mountains (she does in the cave). Make her Follow "Immediately," please?

I love the array of off-path choices you have. It was a pleasure giving a flower to Jasmine (and learning how her father died), finding out about Traven's history with Sylmeria, finding out about the window in the back of the manor, finding a cursed ring (lol, awesome curse) and giving it to Lord Darrow!, cool Wand of Lightning Shield!, wow, I found a hat and gave it to a dwarf to wear, and so on. :)

This was the best of the shorter quests I've played ever. I look forward to fighting with Onus and Akera in the future.

My quest is NW-DNHUS45KC, if you'd like to review it.
    edited August 2013
    I just played the first part, and have to say that I'm very impressed Gorn, it's a great quest!

Like others here I was enjoying myself too much to worry about if there was anything wrong with it. Carefully crafted and immensely fun to play, I'm looking forward to doing part 2 as soon as I can.

Tell me the outdoor environment, where the goblins are. Thats your own work, I can see.. but what map did you start with? and did you have to hand place everything high up in the air? Could you possibly PM me with a little info on how you achieved this map please Gorn, I thought it was simply awesome!

Thanks,

Art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2013
    The outdoor environment with the goblins...hmmm. You must mean the mountain side. That's a funny story actually. When I first started the foundry, that map would show up as a black void on the 2d editor. I had to do A LOT of guess work on elevations, and positioning. Eventually once I found a good spawn in area, I laid out fences to 'map out' the edges/elevations.

I think it's called "Mountain Detailed" Medium size 1024x512ft

OH LOOK! I went to find the name of the map and I see it's back to showing a black map again.

eqjYcXF.jpg

My spawn point is set to:
    X: 126 Y: 0 Z:26
    Y Relative to: Terrain
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited August 2013
    Well, however you did it, it looks superb! /tips his hat to Gorn.

I have a massive project coming up for my part 4, and I need something like that myself, so thanks for the tips... Just gotta get through part 3 first! :P

Art
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2013
    Thanks, casekuk! I'm looking forward to playing your next one :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • taliakrowstaliakrows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This looks really interesting. I'll play it now and give you a review later. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Finished the flame keeper and really enjoyed it. It sets up the campaign nicely and even though you can ask a ton of questions and get answers it still leave many open waiting for the next quest. The use of classic D&D items is always an added bonus to see in quests too. I'm not sure if they still exist in fourth as i pretend it never happened >.>

Good work. will play the others in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited August 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »
    The use of classic D&D items is always an added bonus to see in quests too. I'm not sure if they still exist in fourth as i pretend it never happened >.>

^That :P I loathe 4.0. Removing staffs, wands, ect was idiotic.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yup! I want my big stick back not this stupid floaty orb :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited August 2013
    After reviewing some feedback, I've made some changes to Acts I and III

-Included a 'This is a story quest' warning to the beginning of both Acts.
    -Added dialogue choices to many NPC's that allow players to skip most of the text in Act III while still getting the basic information.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited August 2013
    Lots of minor changes to all three acts today!

Act I:
    -Rogues can now smash through the barrier in the Goblin Lair.
    -Fixed a minor bug where players would get stuck on a trap.

Act II:
    -Adjusted the timing of the Marut's Darkness spell.

Act III:
    -Fixed a typo
    -Altered mob placement on the path to Hurin'Tal. Some of the local wildlife is no longer hostile.
    -Spider webs finally arrived in the mail. The spiders were happy.
    -Changed NPC name "Customized Elf 01" (Sneaky elf thought he could hide from me!)
    -Altered the bard's ballad to more closely resemble the original work.
    -Added extended dialogue to the Druid
    -Added extended dialogue to the Bartender
    -Added the ability to order a drink...just don't expect the whole menu :)
    -Added a respawn point (campfire) to the last map. It should be triggered automatically as you zone in.
    -Adjusted the difficulty of The Shadow Lord by altering mob placement (you should no longer aggro all of the shadows at once.)
    -Added a guard patrol to assist you when engaging the Shadows.

Thanks to Karitr and zbkolde for the feedback!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • twilitbladetwilitblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just wanted to say... That I loved it! I played all the quests yesterday and the day before. Well written story, well designed levels and charaters. I'd recommend it to anyone I knew. If I knew people who played the game. And if they were in to story-driven quests.
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, twilitblade! I'm glad you enjoyed the quest. Keep an eye out for part 4, it's coming soon!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keep an eye out for part 4, it's coming soon!

WHAT?!?!

Huzzah!
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, twilitblade! I'm glad you enjoyed the quest. Keep an eye out for part 4, it's coming soon!

Does anyone learn the raise dead spell?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone learn the raise dead spell?

;) Well now that would be something eh? A world full of folks who never truly die. lol!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • arriarri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Eagerly awaiting part 4! Probably my favorite foundry quest(s) in Neverwinter!
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
    edited February 2014
    Act IV is now up for Beta!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Playing through now and taking some notes as I go.

1.) Great job on the beginning seen. I really like where the story is going so far. Have been in the quest for 30 seconds. That may tell you something about why I was talking about raise dead spells earlier.
    2.) Elves can live up to a thousand years as far as I know.
    3.) Treacherous cultist! Ok, I'm killing him this time around.
    4.) It is still letting me interact with the chest even though I took the option to kill Servide this time.
    5.) The transition for leaving the cultist map says "go to next map".
    6.) Kabel is not where the quest path points to. As I don't expect the quest path to take me to the other side of the map, I didn't think to check anywhere else for a while, probably best to turn it off if you can't fix it.
    7.) The crystal is kind of hard to interact with.
    8.) The final transition and objective says "Go to next map" and there is no exit door.

Great quest, I am looking forward to the next one. my only issue is that you seem to be killing off all of the main characters.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited February 2014
    Playing through now and taking some notes as I go.

1.) Great job on the beginning seen. I really like where the story is going so far. Have been in the quest for 30 seconds. That may tell you something about why I was talking about raise dead spells earlier.
    2.) Elves can live up to a thousand years as far as I know.
    I've read that it's not unheard of for elves to live beyond 900. Noting more definitive than that. I've been VERY careful about sticking to lore (dates and events), and it's been really tough, but I think with the magic involved here, I covered my bases pretty well. Given the time shift, the Empress is about 220-ish years old biologically.
    3.) Treacherous cultist! Ok, I'm killing him this time around.
    You went for it huh? Awesome :P I'm glad someone did!
    4.) It is still letting me interact with the chest even though I took the option to kill Servide this time.
    I thought to seal off the 'crate' if you chose to resurrect, but I didn't think of sealing off the chest until last night. Good catch. :)
    5.) The transition for leaving the cultist map says "go to next map".
    Fixed it!
    6.) Kabel is not where the quest path points to. As I don't expect the quest path to take me to the other side of the map, I didn't think to check anywhere else for a while, probably best to turn it off if you can't fix it.
    That's because the trail is leading you to where Kabel spawns originally. I'll add a "Reach Waypoint" objective to him. That should fix it.
    7.) The crystal is kind of hard to interact with.
    You'll actually interact with the aura at the base of the crystal. I'll look into it nonetheless. I've not had any problems.
    8.) The final transition and objective says "Go to next map" and there is no exit door.
    I noticed that when my beta testers and I ran through it together. It also stops you from talking to the NPCs there. I'll change it shortly.

Great quest, I am looking forward to the next one. my only issue is that you seem to be killing off all of the main characters.
    Those people are heroes now! Giving their lives for the greater good. ;) Keep in mind that YOU are the driving force of the story. You are the main character.

Thank you for taking the time to test it for me!!!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • stevedestinystevedestiny Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I could not finish Act III. The quest says to gather information on Ayeshia Greymorn yet she or he is inside what appears to be a castle or on the other side of a wall...yet the large doors do not open. I can not find anyway to get to the quest objective.
    edited March 2014
    I could not finish Act III. The quest says to gather information on Ayeshia Greymorn yet she or he is inside what appears to be a castle or on the other side of a wall...yet the large doors do not open. I can not find anyway to get to the quest objective.

Hi, Stevedestiny. In this case, you'll have to ignore the sparkling trail that's leading you to the quest objective.
    Author's have no control over how those trails work. By reading the text dialogue of Kaleena Bale, she tells you that you can learn more from the bard in the tavern. The tavern is located in the poor district. There, you will find a teleporter that leads you into the house (which is built beyond a reachable area, and thus why the trail is leading you into a wall.)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is going to be an Act V, right?
This discussion has been closed.