test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 43 and am no longer receiving new quests in the Pirate map

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
According to the Pirate quests list, after NPC Ranger Leokas bestowing me the quest The Scaled Menace and I complete it by talking to NPC Scout Tragold, Scout Tragold should bestow me new quests:
  • A Skyship's Remains
  • Reclamation
  • Ahead to Skull Fortress
But Scout Tragold didn't do that. He didn't bestow me any new quest. Was that because I didn't do quest Every Last Drop bestowed by NPC Irrae?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    It could be that you missed a quest somewhere, or it could be that you somehow managed to underlevel the quest line and you need to level before the new missions will be available.

Only a guess, of course.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I went through there recently; I think Every Last Drop gives you another quest upon completion that you have to do before speaking with Scout Tragold -- either that or you have to speak with hm after completing Every Last Drop. I could be wrong; lack of sleep is making my memory foggy, but I'm pretty sure you have to do everything Irrae gives you before speaking with Tragold.

I'm overleveled at 48 but I saw other players in there at level 44, so you might have a hard time with critters but otherwise I don't think you're underleveled. Try just doing what you can for Irrae and see if that does it.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you. I guess the cause is that I didn't do quest Every Last Drop bestowed by NPC Irrae so that she didn't bestow me quest Network Repair which leads to NPC Scout Tragold.

Too bad that the goal of quest Every Last Drop is to steal distilled water from lizardfolks. That was the reason I didn't do it. I really don't like to steal.

I remember that in the Greywolf map there is a NPC giving you an orb and telling you to steal thunder energies from the Grey Wolf Tribe. I didn't do that quest, too, and it didn't affect me proceeding the storyline. They really should make the quest in the Pirate map optional, too.

I had submitted a ticket to GM, and hope I can proceed without doing that quest.
  • ind1go99ind1go99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Too bad that the goal of quest Every Last Drop is to steal water stills from lizardfolks. That was the reason I didn't do it. I really don't like to steal.

I respect your decision. I don't like to kill, so I've been on the starter beach for three months. I have submitted a ticket to GM hoping that I'll be allowed to proceed through the tutorial zone and the first ten levels without actually killing anything. From that point on, I'll be able to pray my way to 60. Of course, praying to false gods is even worse than killing, but that's a ticket for another day.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, I love when self created problems, morph into problems others have to deal with simply due to personal obstinance.

Please tell me you also refuse to group or associate with rogues and other villainous types. It should reduce the change of me having to group with you greatly.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aren't the lizardfolk followers or somehow associated with the undead pirates or the dragon that destroyed the village that was there in the first place?

Or here's an easier way to rationalize it - just walk through the area, minding your own business, and let them attack you first. Then you can say you were fighting them in self defense.

Either way, you could always just run foundry quests or grind leadership tasks/invoke to level up to the next area.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited July 2013
    ind1go99 wrote: »
    I respect your decision. I don't like to kill, so I've been on the starter beach for three months. I have submitted a ticket to GM hoping that I'll be allowed to proceed through the tutorial zone and the first ten levels without actually killing anything. From that point on, I'll be able to pray my way to 60. Of course, praying to false gods is even worse than killing, but that's a ticket for another day.
    Well, if those monsters don't be eliminated, they will endanger the safety of people. So if our goals are to protect people, it is okay to eliminate monsters.
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Please tell me you also refuse to group or associate with rogues and other villainous types. It should reduce the change of me having to group with you greatly.
    I won't refuse to group or associate with rogues as long as we are to defeat evil enemies.
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Aren't the lizardfolk followers or somehow associated with the undead pirates or the dragon that destroyed the village that was there in the first place?

Or here's an easier way to rationalize it - just walk through the area, minding your own business, and let them attack you first. Then you can say you were fighting them in self defense.
    The main purpose of that quest is "steal". Although lizardfolks are considered bad creatures in this case, the NPC telling us to perform "steal" act is quite controversial imho.

bioshrike wrote: »
    Either way, you could always just run foundry quests or grind leadership tasks/invoke to level up to the next area.
    But if the NPC in the Pirate map doesn't bestow me the quest to go back to Sergent Knox, I guess I'm unable to start quests in the next map.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But if the NPC in the Pirate map doesn't bestow me the quest to go back to Sergent Knox, I guess I'm unable to start quests in the next map.

No, Knox offers quests based on level. You do not need to complete previous areas to progress to the next area. You simply need to be at about the same level as the new area.

That said, I think crippling yourself due to flavor text is kinda silly. Especially for the sake of evil lizardmen who are allied with a rampaging Black dragon, who has earned the name vile. All so you wont steal water, to help an ally. Who's efforts are to help Neverwinter and its entire population, from impending doom and all that.
    edited July 2013
    No, Knox offers quests based on level. You do not need to complete previous areas to progress to the next area. You simply need to be at about the same level as the new area.
    It's nice to know that. Thank you and bioshrike!

That said, I think crippling yourself due to flavor text is kinda silly. Especially for the sake of evil lizardmen who are allied with a rampaging Black dragon, who has earned the name vile. All so you wont steal water, to help an ally. Who's efforts are to help Neverwinter and its entire population, from impending doom and all that.
    I understand your interpretation and ability to reduce the controversy to minimal.

Good DMs take their players' alignments into account and prevent controversial things from happening. In this game Cryptic is the DM, and apparently it still has room for improvement.
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    >But if the NPC in the Pirate map doesn't bestow me the quest to go back to Sergent Knox, I guess I'm unable to start quests in the next map.<

Fortunately this isn't the way it works. The quests to return to Knox are never necessary - Knox will give you quests for any zone when you are the right level even if you have never done any prior zones. After the 4 Linkletter quests which are linked I do not believe anything he gives is linked to anything other than level.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After you clear a zone, the last NPC you have to speak to will give you a quest just to return to Knox to prevent you from forgetting to check in with him to receive further quests. That's about it. What he gives you is based on level otherwise, like they said.

I'm still doing the quests in Pirates' Skyhold anyway, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one weirded out by the premises of the quests given so far. It doesn't seem in character at all for my DC to be doing any of the stuff the humans are asking her to do so far. The only way I can rationalize it is that she's defending herself against the lizardfolk (I avoid them when possible and don't attack until targeted, but they all aggro her on sight because they think DCs are delicious) and that she's trying to help Company Yargo survive with minimal damage done to the lizardfolk in the process. Otherwise I feel like a terrible person for cooperating with the Yargo dudes and doing nefarious stuff at their behest, but there's no way to avoid it if I want to clear the area. Maybe it'll be less weird once I get farther into the area for more background on what's going on and why the lizardfolk are "bad." So far their only crime seems to be that they're the islands' native creatures defending their society against treasure-seeking invading humans (because of course THAT doesn't sound like a familiar historical scenario at all).
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR