test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reviews/plays offered - See first post for parameters

avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone,
I really appreciate all the work that goes into crafting foundry quests. It has gotten to the point that I don't play anything else. Every time I play, I start here, scouting these forums looking for shiny new baby quests trying to get off the ground and into the realm of daily eligible awesomeness. I must have had some smart juice today because it dawned on me that I should open a thread so people can post and save me some hunting.

I'll be happy to play your foundry if your quest has:

Less than 100 plays
Solo- easy to moderate (I play a DC) or Duo playable
Story driven
@ 45min or less

Post here, and I will get to it when I can.

Just FYI: Newbie quest Ratings: I do not give less than 3 stars to a fledgling quest, and if it really needs work, I won't post stars at all, I will just review via PM and save the rating for another day.

You do not need to run mine in return.
Thank you for reading.

~Avi~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
Member:
Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
Post edited by avistar001 on

Comments

• talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    I'm looking for plays/reviews/comments on my new quest, Paying the Piper, and I think it fits perfectly into what you are looking for. Info and quest thread in my sig.

Thanks in advance!
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hello

I have three quests all which fit inside your parameters. The first has the most plays and is already a daily however the 2nd and third could do with some feedback. I am the same with playing atm, my TR is leveling from foundry alone now. Will play yours because its the right thing to do :)
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Hello!

My quest would fit into your description perfectly. I appreciate any and all feedback. I too have been bitten by the foundry bug and find that it has become the highlight for me as well but finding it frustrating to "break into" the scene as it where!

Thank you for your time. My foundry is in my sig.
  • theninja0theninja0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Greetings

I have two quests trying to get off the ground, though I'm not sure how well they would fit your criteria. I have a definite story/idea/concept I'm trying to get across with them, but I don't want to just spell it out for the player, so I'm not sure how "story driven" mine would be considered. I try to get some points across with the environments and situations. Also, while it is definitely possible to solo them (I have with my guardian fighter) they are challenging, and do have a decent amount of combat.

First Quest: Anomalous Readings NW-DT25L46HY
    Second quest: The Banished Realm NW-DBPX6X9JV
    My Quests:
    Anomalous readings NW-DT25L46HY
    The Banished Realm NW-DBPX6X9JV
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    avistar001 wrote: »
    You do not need to run mine in return.
    Thank you for reading.

After playing your quest I disagree with this statement. If you are looking for a great quest with balanced story and combat with great atmospheres then you must play this quest. I was really impressed and enjoyed this one. There were only a couple small things I would have changed. eg I enjoyed seeing tack run off to the next clue rather than the first two where you have to look at the map to work out where to go. Also maybe instead of saying find a clue it would be follow Tack and you don't realise that you will find a clue until you get there. But you know what the little things I did notice did not matter to the overall quest. I was having too much fun.

*Edit* It may have also had to do with the 3 Tymora's Gifts that dropped containing 30000 in astral diamonds.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I have a quest that was once a mighty Daily Eligible, but has since been overtaken by speedruns. I've added more to it to increase play length. Should be around 30 minutes the first time through. If you haven't already played it, I would appreciate the help to get it eligible again :) Thank you.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    @Talli0 •BETA: Paying the Piper NW-DCY8EUXVT - ran as a duo, reviewed via PM :) Thanks for your post
    @yipykaye - Thank you! It is very rewarding (on a personal level) to know someone had fun playing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

All three of my quests in my signature fit your requirements. Have at them. I am gonna play your quest now. :)

P.S. I am a level 60 DC and have tested all of my own missions. There are a couple challenging spots, but nothing that a DC cannot handle in all our squishy glory. :)

Ok I played your quest. I sent you a PM so as not to spoil anything with my thoughts on it.
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Avi, I actually already played yours since I was looking to see what the experienced authors were doing before I got myself into too much trouble. I appreciate fairly easy stories since I also have a DC.

Here's the intro text:

Tower of the Lost Wizards

NW-DSE9JPUCV
    Old records indicate that there was a Tower to Azuth in Neverwinter before the Spellplague. What happened to the followers of the Lord of Spells after he was killed? The Sword Coast Academicals are looking for mercenary young men and women to find out!

Plain English: A story that involves Forgotten Realms lore with fairly easy combat. The choices you make in how you interact with NPCs will influence the type of ending you experience.

This is my first foundry so things I'd love feedback on:

-Length should be about 30ish minutes, let me know if that is not the case.
    -I'm sweating the main puzzle. I want it tough but not impossible. The puzzle can be solved brute force if players need be.
    -Any other newb stuff I might have done
    -Any additions you'd like to see

Thanks!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I would like any feedback for my own foundry, especially detailed feedback. Please post detailed feedback in a response to this thread :).

Name: Whispers From Below
    Short: NW-DTKLZ7B99
    Author: @leinahtanwc
    Avg. Duration: 25 Minutes (much shorter if you figure everything out quickly)
    Multiplayer Compatible: Yes*
    Daily: Yes (about 25+ reviews, 50 plays)
    Work in Progress: Yes (v:0.8.0). More details and possible fixes upcoming. Able to be completed with any class, including rumored upcoming Ranger (nature). No more game breaking bugs exist but some enemies at the end may simply vanish but are not required.

*Only if each player has a different adventure skill (Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery, etc.). Repeated characters of the same class skill can play but the extras will not be able to solve the surroundings. Let each person with their unique skill pick up their respected "adventure" package.
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Good morning :) running foundries drinking coffee...

@yipykaye - NW-DMOZP625S reviewed via PM :) what a great start to my day! I plan to do your 3rd quest after I take care of one from each of the other posts up until this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Avistar,

Pert three of my campaign (link in sig) meets your criteria.

Average runtime of 31 Mins, though one reviewer told me they had spent over two hours "exploring" the maps.

It is very story driven, but the story may be confusing if you haven't already played Pts 1 and 2, they don't meet your requirements though.

Many thanks for this thread, there's a lot of Authors out there trying to get a a few plays under their belts.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited July 2013
    @ trishani NW-DJCDSG3R9 - review via PM, sadly after an hour and 8 deaths on the last pull I could not complete. 2 elites + adds on a DC? Ouchy :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
    edited July 2013
    @theninja0 - thank you for the heads up on combat difficulty, ill run with a buddy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • nahalis371nahalis371 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Here is a pretty good exp quest I made, It takes about 15-20 minutes and it's new so try it out!
    (It is still in beta, so any plays/ratings would be very much appreciated!)

Thanks!
    Post edited by nahalis371 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    @mee2002 - NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein - done :) review by PM Thanks for your post- enjoyed the play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
    edited July 2013
    @Pris23 Part 3 - Wind of The North Shortcode: NW-DFB9K8KWH review via PM. Thank you for your post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please try my campaign (4 quests, story arch). The first quest begins at a slow pace and the others build on that. Hope you enjoy them. Short codes are in my sig. Cheers.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • lorgriuslorgrius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The mines of Gubasso
    NW-DN7Z5LHAR
    20ish minutes of goblin bashen fun - Light dungeon crawl action adventure

Looking for reviews and meaningfull feedback - or just a good slap on the back

Always willing to trade a review

Best
    Lorgrius
    Lorgrius

A Day in the Life of a Ranger
    NW-DKCE6OZVH
    The Mines of Gubasso Daily!
    NW-DN7Z5LHAR
    The Vault of Hargon Daily!
    NW-DP4X6HAEP
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope you can review

Rise of the Elements Short Code: NW-DEEPA2HLP need 1 more reviewer so i will get 5 reviews
    The Water World Short Code: NW-DC7LHALZT

Not much on story but if you see my other foundries they have some decent stories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    @melinden Tower of the Lost Wizards NW-DSE9JPUCV - you are a great writer! thank you for your post. more via PM :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • edvaiedvai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Very generous post! It will also be a great place for me to find quests to review!
    I just made my first foundry, it took quite some time, but my goodness it was fun. I am looking forward to making more of them.

It is story driven, a fun, self imagined story line. It is not overly long, only takes about 20 minutes, but it can get pretty challenging at the end.

Name: The Wizard's Pride
    ID: NW-DRMKXUIDT
    Author: @edavi

I would LOVE some feedback in PM.

Thanks!
    My Quests:
    The Wizard's Pride- NW-DRMKXUIDT
    edited July 2013
    @theninja First Quest: Anomalous Readings NW-DT25L46HY played with a buddy, review via PM - ty for the post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
    edited July 2013
    @leinahtanwc - NW-DTKLZ7B99
    *****Spoiler ALERT*****
    I normally just PM reviews but you did request a post here in the thread.

I ran your quest and had just a few comments.
    Play time was about 25 min on my lvl 52 DC - solo.

Combat: Was a little hard, but no deaths, I did go through alot of potions, and I did have a few near death experiences... i saw the light! Combat was well paced. While on the statue platform near the end when the packs of mobs spawned I really dont know how I survived. There were about 8 mobs in the group maybe more. I think my pet saved me, and knocked a few off the platform - yay for Little Biter! I am not sure what happened when I fell to the last boss platform, this HUGE mob appeared and despawned and left behind a summoner to kill. I am going to guess that it was intended as a visual for destroying him by destroying the statues before he could fully materialize.

I enjoyed your quest objectives, finding the keys for each door was fun, and I like the time you took to make class appropriate key locations. I am sure I missed half your dungeon because I found my keys right away and didnt take the time to open the other doors or wander the map.

Your build: Your decor felt very sparse, but to be honest I'd rather see that in a foundry than one that has stuff placed haphazard or randomly. I loved your choice of sound and use of effects. When the quest led me to leave by the portals and i got to the last one it ported me out to protectors enclave instead of back to your first map. I was able to return to your first map from the city gate and talk to the last guy to get the chest and complete the run.

Dialogue: I do read through dialogue, and yours seemed fine, tho I am a little tired tonight, but it is worth noting that no glaring spelling mistakes distracted me.

I gave you four pretty stars, and whenever i give less than 5 I like to be able to tell the author why it wasnt a 5 for me. For me (and this is just MY opinion) it was the thin decor, the run back through to the beginning to exit, and the mob difficulty ('cause im a whimp LOL ).

Thank you for your post, it was a fun run. You are very creative and I like what you made :)
    ~Avi~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There should be a portal with new platforms (which spawn after Legion's defeat) off to the side of the campfire. You hop down them to the drow portal and it warps you outside next to Levy and the chest. If you backtracked through the twisted corridor, that was the incorrect way to go. That portal is a force quit, which I make sure to include at the start on every map as a standard so people can quit without using the minimaps door logo. I have been thinking of making the red portal a "1-way" to avoid confusion and preventing backtracking at that point.

As for decor, I am intending on adding more to the Anomaly stage - paintings, etc. to the hallway and floating debris to the circle at the end. However, until I isolate the Legion bug, which you encountered, I have been hesitant to add detail to the campfire region. Legion sometimes warps away at the start/mid combat - the orb objective replaced the kill objective as a fail safe in case of glitching. People have mentioned this bug in their own maps, centering around patrols/movement with removed/added platforms mid-run.

As for Combat, the final fight has been scaled down tremendously from prior versions. It now consists of 4 Medium Encounters (1x Ogre (Legion), 1 Lizardman Group (1 healer, 2 Minions), 1 Wight Warlock (Solo Medium), and 2x Soldier Skeletons). The scaling of Mediums is very different, as I saw Medium Wight groups which had the Warlock + Minions also under Medium. I'd say the final fight is about the equivalent of 3 Standard Medium Encounters. It used to consist of 3x Hard in the early versions, but has since been scaled down to a solo friendly standard. You missed this final fight due to a glitch unfortunately that sometimes occurs and Ringouts are encouraged as a form of fighting the enemies. I've actually had people comment there was not enough to kill :)

**Major Spoilers**
    Now, out of the 5 routes in the dungeon, the Cleric one is sadly the "dull" one at the moment and I plan on changing the second phase a little for the cleric. Fighters have a maze to navigate moving statues/bookshelves, Nature (Ranger/Druids) have spirit wolves providing questions and riddles at the flowers, Wizard has guessing rune memorization, Rogues have Trick jumping and sneaking, and Clerics have... diving a fountain while under attack to destroy all the adds. The cleric one is not so obvious and dull if you do it the long way.
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mine is a short combat and story quest, but solo'ing it means you have to be alert and on your toes since it can get hectic. I'm planning to make the story kick in and more interesting as other parts get completed. currently there's 2 parts. enjoy :-)
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
    edited July 2013
    @yipykaye - played Quest 3 - Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - review via PM :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member:
  • imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Check out mine.

"The Bank Heist"
    NW-DFF41RK2X

Its a action packed, fast paced, adventure lasting about 15 minutes, meant for soloing. It will be worth your time. :D
  • ambitionxpambitionxp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you have the time, please try my quest. I only have 3 reviews atm, hoping to get it foundry eligible. I also enjoy playing other people's quests (as a DC). I'll likely give yours a try as well.

Here is the quest info:

---
    Solo. A balanced dungeon quest.
    While in Protector's Enclave, you see a job request about retrieving a cursed suit of armor from the crypt of a soldier. It is signed by The Unspoken Order.

Combat Difficulty: Medium to Easy
    Combat Frequency: Medium
    Dialog/Story: Medium

Updated: Custom rooms, mobs, enhanced storyline, puzzle, and two difficulty levels.

Some enemies are optional. Skip them if you choose to save time. Bring a few potions to be safe.
    ---

Thanks!
    NW-DNR5AK4ZK
    The Cursed Armor of Steele
    edited July 2013
    @redneckronin - Played NW-DIFWJQYC5, review via PM- thank you for your post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Member: