test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feywild Packs and Fury of the Feywild Module Live Date

Comments

• broedat1broedat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And still no friggen ranger / archer class. What a joke. Thought I'd come back on the announcement of the pack and start playing again was even ready to drop some hard cash down on the ranger but nooooo another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> melee class. Back to Rift I go. Had your chance PW I'm done now. CYA
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    For all the people complaining that Neverwinter shouldn't release new content while there are still bugs...

Bug fixes = bug fixing team
    New content = new content team

Not the same people. While it's your right to complain, please try to complain about things that actually make sense. Do you expect the human resources, marketing, and sales teams to fix bugs too?

Thus means that the new content team works WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the bug fixing team, thus PWE has to step up on the bug fixing team. Agreed?

This pack is a new content, that is for sure. Whether if makes already frustrated players (mostly about bugs and exploits) happy or not, that is another questions.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    This pack sure makes my Guardian pack look like wasted money, same 3 important things, mount, slot, and 600k ADs, but with an addition of race and augment pet.

Ill gladly give up my useless fluff stuff for an account wide augment pet and a race.

I'm in total agreement with Kaerthus ,
    With exception of the Mount and Wolf, It feels like the Guardian pack was a waste of money the Gear you receive is useless pass level 12 and 20. I've got a robe that I cannot even wear. oh boy! The new pack make me fell like I was cheated.
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • mrexploitermrexploiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm in total agreement with Kaerthus ,
    With exception of the Mount and Wolf, It feels like the Guardian pack was a waste of money the Gear you receive is useless pass level 12 and 20. I've got a robe that I cannot even wear. oh boy! The new pack make me fell like I was cheated.

I too agree with you. I feel like I wasted my money on the founder's pack, the only good things are the mount and companion.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    marsport wrote: »
    Not impressed with having to pay for the starters pack bag for every account. Storage is the one thing that's difficult for everyone & it would cost $60 to kit out all my alts. The main pack is nice but since I just bought a mount on the store like many others, hmm not so sure.

you could be cool and be a founder, we have everything we need for any toon we create, FYI
  • dreadmaxdreadmax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting "xx" times.

I can't play right now because of this. It says be patient but my patience is running out. I'm stuck with this problem for 8 hours already. Haven't been able to play all day. Anybody else having the same problem? Thank you.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dreadmax wrote: »
    Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting "xx" times.

I can't play right now because of this. It says be patient but my patience is running out. I'm stuck with this problem for 8 hours already. Haven't been able to play all day. Anybody else having the same problem? Thank you.

wrong thread try the technical support forums
    21.jpg
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    Thus means that the new content team works WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the bug fixing team, thus PWE has to step up on the bug fixing team. Agreed?

I agree that it appears the new content team is working harder than the bug fixing team (or has more resources), but appearances can be deceiving. Bugs can be hard to track down, and once tracked down they can be hard to fix without breaking something else. And bug fixes are less visible than new content, because once bugs are fixed it's easier to forget they were ever there. New content sticks around so we're constantly reminded of it. Of course, it's likely neither the bug fixing team nor the new content team sets their own agenda; someone is in charge and decides how many resources (dollars to pay people) are allocated to the bug fixing team versus the new content team, versus all the other departments necessary to run the company. And let's face it, new content generates more money for the company than bug fixes, so it's not hard to see why new content would be a higher priority.

I agree that bugs can be really annoying, but I haven't personally run into any "show stopping" bugs. That's not to say there are no show stoppers in the game, and one person's tolerance for a bug can be higher or lower than another person's. Personally, I'm really enjoying this game and don't mind spending some of my disposable income on it. And it does seem that enough people agree with me that the model is working for now. I only hope it lasts, and for now there's every indication that it will.
    broedat1 wrote: »
    And still no friggen ranger / archer class. What a joke. Thought I'd come back on the announcement of the pack and start playing again was even ready to drop some hard cash down on the ranger but nooooo another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> melee class. Back to Rift I go. Had your chance PW I'm done now. CYA

There's a new class being released? I saw no such announcement! Can anyone provide a link? I myself can't wait for an archer class, I'm sure there will be one coming along at some point.
    qtPt2I
  • khanthaskhanthas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "And still no friggen ranger / archer class. What a joke. Thought I'd come back on the announcement of the pack and start playing again was even ready to drop some hard cash down on the ranger but nooooo another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> melee class. Back to Rift I go. Had your chance PW I'm done now. CYA"

Awesome one less winger!!! all other whingers please follow suit!
    Evil triumphs when good folk do nothing.
    Your toast is burn't and no amount of scrapping will remove the blackness!
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    We literally cannot believe (although it shouldn't be hard given their track record) that Cryptic actually sold a pack a MONTH ahead of its time with no indication given that if you bought said pack you wouldn't receive any of the items until the module was out until after the purchase had been made. It seems like that should be illegal. Misleading advertisement suggests you get your stuff the moment you purchase it, but you don't get ANYTHING.

What company sells something to you, makes you pay full price, and then after the fact that you've bought it springs it on you that "Oh and now that you've given us your money, you can't have what you paid for until ---"

No, bulls@#t. You stipulate that s@#t clearly and openly BEFORE the purchase is made.

This was some underhanded d@#k move from Cryptic. Straight up.

Makin' us get all ghetto up in hurr.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who is this we?

And where you not able to purchase both Guardian and HotN packs before you could play or beta the game? The pack and the module release date are clearly listed. I dont see how this is deceptive. I agree, it could of been explained better. But that is a far cry from intentionally misleading people.
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any information about the new professions? Will it be levelled like alchemy - research to level? I hope not, frustrating being stuck levelling alchemy for 4 weeks and no sign of a fix and I don't want to go through that again with the new professions.
    edited July 2013
    capnrogers wrote: »
    Any information about the new professions? Will it be levelled like alchemy - research to level? I hope not, frustrating being stuck levelling alchemy for 4 weeks and no sign of a fix and I don't want to go through that again with the new professions.

I actually rather hope the new profession(s) is/are like Alchemy, and you do research to level up. So far I haven't been affected by the bug, and have managed to get Alchemy to level 18 already. This is pretty amazing since I have Tailoring at L20 and Leadership at L18, and I've been working on those for a long longer time. Bugs aside, it's much faster to level up a profession the Alchemy way. I'd really like to see mass aqua crafting in Alchemy, but I'm glad they brought the mass-gathering to the other professions too.
    qtPt2I
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually rather hope the new profession(s) is/are like Alchemy, and you do research to level up. So far I haven't been affected by the bug, and have managed to get Alchemy to level 18 already. This is pretty amazing since I have Tailoring at L20 and Leadership at L18, and I've been working on those for a long longer time. Bugs aside, it's much faster to level up a profession the Alchemy way. I'd really like to see mass aqua crafting in Alchemy, but I'm glad they brought the mass-gathering to the other professions too.

Leadership is the one that takes time, and I think thats right. Alchemy did feel too quick, my main got to alchemy 20 in about a week I think (20 Mailsmith, 20 alch, 19 leadership). My alts weren't so lucky with the alch bug though, it's not that I have a problem with the way of levelling (although I think it was too fast) I have a problem that we've been stuck on some toons for alch for over a month with no sign of them fixing the problem (or even just unsticking those that are stuck). I don't want to see this happen again for new professions.
  • annai423annai423 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Misleading advertisement suggests you get your stuff the moment you purchase it, but you don't get ANYTHING.

What company sells something to you, makes you pay full price, and then after the fact that you've bought it springs it on you that "Oh and now that you've given us your money, you can't have what you paid for until ---"

Without commenting/quoting the rest: Yes, this feels odd. The pack is available, on the news page (http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=933751) the item is promoted, but no indication is given that the packs content will only be available in one months time. Comments on the news item are disabled (possibly wisely so - but I would really like to have been able to warn people that there is no actual items recieved).

Of course we are talking about virtual "goods" here, and in the end I'm quite happy to have another character slot and a moon elf, but Cryptic still gains my money (and the approximately 0.01cents of interest) one month ahead of passing over the goods. This sucketh - mightily.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The two new professions will be weapon smithing and magic weapons (forgot what that is called) . One profession will create metal weapons and the other will create magic weapons.
    edited July 2013
    Leadership is the one that takes time, and I think thats right. Alchemy did feel too quick, my main got to alchemy 20 in about a week I think (20 Mailsmith, 20 alch, 19 leadership). My alts weren't so lucky with the alch bug though, it's not that I have a problem with the way of levelling (although I think it was too fast) I have a problem that we've been stuck on some toons for alch for over a month with no sign of them fixing the problem (or even just unsticking those that are stuck). I don't want to see this happen again for new professions.

I definitely agree that the bug needs to be tracked down and fixed! But I like the faster levelling of Alchemy: I was more quikly able to get it to a level that is useful for my characters and my guild. Especially since I can create resources, hopefully Dragon Eggs included, so I can craft purple armor for my guildmates.
    annai423 wrote: »
    Without commenting/quoting the rest: Yes, this feels odd. The pack is available, on the news page (http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=933751) the item is promoted, but no indication is given that the packs content will only be available in one months time. Comments on the news item are disabled (possibly wisely so - but I would really like to have been able to warn people that there is no actual items recieved).

Of course we are talking about virtual "goods" here, and in the end I'm quite happy to have another character slot and a moon elf, but Cryptic still gain my money (and the approximately 0.01cents of interest) one month ahead of passing over the goods. This sucketh - mightily.

In my experience, none of the news posts have comments enabled, so it's not just to avoid complaints on this particular issue.
    xhrit wrote: »
    The two new professions will be weapon smithing and magic weapons (forgot what that is called) . One profession will create metal weapons and the other will create magic weapons.

Neat! And thanks for the info!
    qtPt2I
  • aelissanaelissan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think if you have purchased the HoN pack or any starter pack a discount should apply to this pack . And why does the main pack never contain a bag ?
  • rmoacreyzeusrmoacreyzeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought the pack, but HOW CAN I GET THESE FREEBIES in other games??? I don't have any idea darn.
    edited July 2013
    I bought the pack, but HOW CAN I GET THESE FREEBIES in other games??? I don't have any idea darn.

The previous freebie codes were emailed to us, so I assume that we'll get an email with the other games' codes on August 22.
    qtPt2I
  • rmoacreyzeusrmoacreyzeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, thank you :D
    Argh I have to wait that long.
  • elek666elek666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by elek666 on

• seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't say for certain, but I am thinking the items will be exclusive to the pack.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elek666 wrote: »
    Will it be possible to buy Stone of Earth in the zen market, or do i have to buy the Knight of the Feywild Pack to get one?

Note it's a neck item, not a companion. So it doesn't seem like it matters much, right?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • elek666elek666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by elek666 on

• demonicfraggledemonicfraggle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    agree Pay 2 Waste all ur hard earned cash, and then have them suck more for us Euros!! sucks monkeys!
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually rather hope the new profession(s) is/are like Alchemy, and you do research to level up.
    No way Alchemy is the most boring profession with annoying luck based reserarch. I have with my alt Alchemy at level 4 and told my casual friend to avoid Alchemy at all cost. The only reason I do alchemy is that I have 2 Clerics and I already have leadership with both characters and only one of my characters need to pick mailsmithing. Leadership and mailsmithing is fun and challenging only Alchemy sucks at least slightly.
    khanthas wrote: »
    "And still no friggen ranger / archer class. What a joke.
    Ok I understand partly how you feel since Ranger is actually top on my wish list. I have bought 2 extra character slots in hopes of new classes. Hunter(=Ranger) and Druid were my favorite classes in WOW partly also since in WOW Clerics were cloth users.

That said this is a great game and we should be thankful for all the content we get. Sooner or later they will release a new class remains to be seen when it is done. Anyway yes I like this forest theme/elf expansion pack. That said it could be improved a lot with Ranger and Druid class release:p.

We have Succubus. Please introduce Nymph in this expansion.
  • setnauamuastsetnauamuast Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You miss 2 important points.

1) The company must make money if we are to see it last and improve.
    2) Game balance. If Drow and other rare races or classes are cheap, then the game will be flooded with them with every release. Drow cost $200 and I still see plenty of them so their price is right. But at least Drow are not everywhere.
    I would even propose that only Humans should be free and other races should cost based on the rarity of that race. It should be the same for classes fighters, thieves and clerics should be free, more exotic classes should cost based on game balance. By charging a lot at first for a race or class when they come out, the company can keep a limit on how many are in the game. I would love to play a Moon Elf Ranger but what fun is it if there are 3 in my party of 5?
  • sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You miss 2 important points.

1) The company must make money if we are to see it last and improve.
    2) Game balance. If Drow and other rare races or classes are cheap, then the game will be flooded with them with every release. Drow cost $200 and I still see plenty of them so their price is right. But at least Drow are not everywhere.
    I would even propose that only Humans should be free and other races should cost based on the rarity of that race. It should be the same for classes fighters, thieves and clerics should be free, more exotic classes should cost based on game balance. By charging a lot at first for a race or class when they come out, the company can keep a limit on how many are in the game. I would love to play a Moon Elf Ranger but what fun is it if there are 3 in my party of 5?

The flaws with point 2 is that this is a game based on D&D 4e where all the races and classes are equally common, at least as far as the rules go. Player preferences may be different. Neverwinter in the setting and time it's at the drow and any eladrin faction (sun, moon, or star elves) are all equally present, at least compared to any other race, even human. Even drow are fairly common at this point. Also they're supposedly releasing a free drow race that just won't have the special renegade tattoos and possibly the same racials. The sun and moon elves are pretty close to each other though I could see them giving them slightly variant racial abilities but in the 4e rules they're both eladrin (just in the FR setting they go by moon and sun elf).
  • darkheartsxdarkheartsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fix how weak the hero of north companion is before you release more packs please..... Also take down the founders pack. This is stupid that even after release they have them up.