test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130714b.4 - .7

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Edit: New minor patch Friday, 8/2!

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.7

Known Issues
  • The questing hub in the Blighted Grove has geometry that doesn't quite match the collision. This will sometimes result in players unexpectedly falling down and out of the tree. There's a respawn point just nearby, however.
  • The loot in Malabog's Castle is not yet finalized. Individual bosses currently do not drop loot, and the end-of-dungeon chest gives loot for a random class instead of your class specifically.
  • The Foundry is still pretty crashy on opening and exiting projects.
  • NEW: Lurker's Assault is incorrectly giving a bonus of 20%/25%/30% instead of the stated 15%/20%/25%.

Release Notes
Combat
Trickster Rogue
  • At-will powers no longer consume Stealth.
  • The duration of Lurker's Assault has been increased from 7 to 10 seconds.
  • Lurker's Assault now gives 15/20/25% bonus damage, changed from 5/10/15% crit severity.

Gateway - Can access at: http://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/
  • Auction House search now works in Internet Explorer 8.
  • Profession tasks now correctly show red text on resource quantities when a task is higher level than the player's profession level.
  • The Inventory and Zen Market pages are now active in Gateway. (However, on Preview, the Zen Market is not currently populated.)
  • The background of the login page has been updated for the Fury of the Feywild module.
  • The Auction House now loads more quickly.
  • Tooltips now look a bit better in Gateway.
  • When switching pages, tooltips no longer linger.

Professions and Inventory
  • 12 slots have been added to the Resource bag.
  • Bounty tokens that previously weren't going into the Currency bag have been fixed. They should all now properly go to the Currency bag.
  • Bounty tokens now stack to 100, up from 40.
  • Bounty tokens that were in the Inventory are now properly auto-moved to the Currency bag.
  • The Currency bag now has 36 slots, up from 24.
  • The Sort button once again works in the Inventory UI.

Sharandar / Campaign System
  • Daily Campaign tasks, such as planting seedlings, now take 10 seconds, down from 20 hours.
  • Female redcaps now have faces.
  • Performance no longer tanks when fighting certain enemies.

----

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.5

Known Issues
  • The questing hub in the Blighted Grove has geometry that doesn't quite match the collision. This will sometimes result in players unexpectedly falling down and out of the tree. There's a respawn point just nearby, however.
  • The loot in Malabog's Castle is not yet finalized. Individual bosses currently do not drop loot, and the end-of-dungeon chest gives loot for a random class instead of your class specifically.
  • The Foundry is still pretty crashy on opening and exiting projects.

Release Notes
  • Waypoint / Volume objectives once again work. All projects should be publishable and completable again.

----

Minor patch for the weekend! Here's the info. :)

----

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.4

Known Issues
  • The Foundry is currently disabled on NeverwinterPreview.
  • NEW: Volume events (such as triggers upon entering waypoints) are currently not working in the Foundry! The Foundry will still remain up over the weekend so authors can check out the updated tools.

Release Notes
Sharandar
  • The Banshee's Gate may now be unlocked. Enjoy the second act of Sharandar!
  • Malabog's Castle has been updated with improved pacing and a boss fight overhaul.

Stability
  • The main login / map transfer crash from the previous build has been addressed. Gameplay should be a lot more stable now.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Minor patch for the weekend! Here's the info. :)

----

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.4

Known Issues
    • The questing hub in the Blighted Grove has geometry that doesn't quite match the collision. This will sometimes result in players unexpectedly falling down and out of the tree. There's a respawn point just nearby, however, and Injuries are turned off.

TBH if this was the 300MB ish patch you did today...it's not working still get injuries... also your previous patch claimed injuries were turned off but they were not.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As the moon elf test character I've created myself has reached the level upon which she can obtain a companion and will likely soon gain access to her mount... I'll just put it out there that it'd be nice to see something of the Dawn Unicorn and Sylph soonish.

Also, in other news... I've noticed on my new Moon Elf Control Wizard that consulting the Paragon Paths gives a brief glimpse of very different powers for a second or so... and those powers appear fire-themed (i.e.: Scorching Burst). So... maybe the Control Wizard has a new Paragon Path coming soon? :D
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    As the moon elf test character I've created myself has reached the level upon which she can obtain a companion and will likely soon gain access to her mount...

Still waiting for them to fix my pack :(
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    Also, in other news... I've noticed on my new Moon Elf Control Wizard that consulting the Paragon Paths gives a brief glimpse of very different powers for a second or so... and those powers appear fire-themed (i.e.: Scorching Burst). So... maybe the Control Wizard has a new Paragon Path coming soon? :D

Every class has the same effect. CW, TR, and DC each have a new set of powers, while GWF and GF show the other class's existing paragon path.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we get inventory sorting fixed sometime soon? I was really hoping it would be included with the latest Live patch but alas it was not to be.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    TBH if this was the 300MB ish patch you did today...it's not working still get injuries... also your previous patch claimed injuries were turned off but they were not.

D'oh. Thank you; that note was mistaken. I'll remove it now.
  • sebbztarsebbztar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    supssssssssssss
  • ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so if you locked the feedback on the last patch notes where would you like us to continue to give you our input for it?
    edited July 2013
    Official feedback threads in other subforums of Preview, if your feedback is on the same topics. Otherwise, in threads specifically about that feedback. :)
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    when will we see the new trade bar weapons and are they going be any good or just waste space like last ones
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The latest patch has made everything slow down for me. In the Banshee Gate area I'm being disconnected from server constantly and movement feels slow and sluggish.
  • meganhanormeganhanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't play when I open the launcher I do the login and soon I look a cryptic error message

anyone know how I resolve this?
  • meganhanormeganhanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ticket error message 14782827
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Edit: New minor patch Friday, 8/2!

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.7

Release Notes

Sharandar / Campaign System
    • Daily Campaign tasks, such as planting seedlings, now take 10 seconds, down from 20 hours.
    • Female redcaps now have faces.
    • Performance no longer tanks when fighting certain enemies.

The time reduction to 10 seconds is for the purpose of testing later content hopefully. Is there another reason for such a steep decrease?
    edited August 2013
    The time reduction to 10 seconds is for the purpose of testing later content hopefully. Is there another reason for such a steep decrease?

That change is actually open to feedback, not necessarily just for testing! It may change in the future, but some of the feedback was that the 20 hour downtime felt like hitting a wall, and it was jarring to have a tutorial quest the player had to wait 20 hours to complete.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol, buff tr ?
    pukmp.jpg
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That change is actually open to feedback, not necessarily just for testing! It may change in the future, but some of the feedback was that the 20 hour downtime felt like hitting a wall, and it was jarring to have a tutorial quest the player had to wait 20 hours to complete.

I was actually one such person, but I've changed my mind. I think I was of the mind that 20 hours was a bit steep for the first task, but I think that there should be some sort of gating. Not that the locusts won't go through the content as fast as they're able, but reducing the time-gating on the tasks by that much is just going to let them whiz through it that much faster.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was actually one such person, but I've changed my mind. I think I was of the mind that 20 hours was a bit steep for the first task, but I think that there should be some sort of gating. Not that the locusts won't go through the content as fast as they're able, but reducing the time-gating on the tasks by that much is just going to let them whiz through it that much faster.

You have to wait till 3 AM until the quests reset to proceed. So it's a 24h cooldown anyway, sort of.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can't balance a game around "content locusts" anyway. If people want to blow through content let them.
    edited August 2013
    Reducing the time wall to 10 seconds doesn't make much difference since the quests to gather the seeds takes 20 hrs anyway. Although psychologically maybe it will make people feel better.

More of an issue is the 4 days between Arcane Resevoir access. Feywild Sparks are too hard to get hold of and the Moonlight Gate key takes 150, meaning over a week to get it. Is there a reason you want us to wait so long? Not like there's much else to do.

BTW: why not leave the Lurker's Assault bug as it is and see how it goes?
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More of an issue is the 4 days between Arcane Resevoir access. Feywild Sparks are too hard to get hold of and the Moonlight Gate key takes 150, meaning over a week to get it. Is there a reason you want us to wait so long? Not like there's much else to do.

It's 7 days for Arcane Resevoiur & it is an issue both for the Moonlight gate key & that this is one of the areas my DC gets horrid drops in frame rate & I have to wait several more days before being able to test to see if this patch fixes it!

I'd like to see, at least, a timer reset, but better a 20hr timer on this (with a note saying that it will be longer on the live server), tp allow testing, with a 3 or 4 day timer on the live not 7!
    edited August 2013
    It's 7 days for Arcane Resevoiur

It's always given me 4 days wait (I've done it twice now). Can anyone else confirm how long it is for Arcane reservoir?
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Too much loot is disapearing into the 'voids' in the map, this includes things like 'Dark Fey keys' which only seem to drop once for each running of 'The Battle of Sharandar' so if the key drops & vanishes, you do not get a chest from a dungeon that day!
  • centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whew

•At-will powers no longer consume Stealth.

•The duration of Lurker's Assault has been increased from 7 to 10 seconds.

•Lurker's Assault now gives 15/20/25% bonus damage, changed from 5/10/15% crit severity.

I guess thank god for small mercy's, if you allow At Will skills to Consume Stealth it would make a stealth class pointless,

new Lurker changes look interesting, thanks
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tr changes are bad damage even after nerf was op now its back to insanity. so guss if u most played class u get most QQ and they leave it over powered. where as class's that have many issues not many people want to play get ignored nerf tr again plz and sort some other class's out
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the timing of the campaign tasks, the only one that is jarring is the first one since it is needed to complete a quest. Maybe the quest could be change so it only requires starting the task and not finishing the task. I don't know what that would do to the complete text and any voice acting.

The time for the rest doesn't really matter since it is the nature of the daily quests that slows us down and not the actual campaign tasks.
    shunterino wrote: »
    It's always given me 4 days wait (I've done it twice now). Can anyone else confirm how long it is for Arcane reservoir?

So far for me, it has always reset on Monday morning and since dailies (and I would assume the new weekly as well) now reset for everyone on the same schedule, it would fall to reason that it is a 7 day timer that starts on Monday mornings.
    Too much loot is disapearing into the 'voids' in the map, this includes things like 'Dark Fey keys' which only seem to drop once for each running of 'The Battle of Sharandar' so if the key drops & vanishes, you do not get a chest from a dungeon that day!

I haven't had any issues getting the dark fey keys without the Battle of Sharandar and have even gotten multiple keys on the same day.
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues getting the dark fey keys without the Battle of Sharandar and have even gotten multiple keys on the same day.

So far, on both characters I've run daily on Mimic, the Dark Fey Key has only ever dropped after accepting 'The Battle For Sharandar' and as the first quest type item to drop, never had a second one drop nor a replacement for the one that 'vanished'.
    edited August 2013
    I've been trying out LA and it's really lame, not at all what I would consider a Daily. If you think how important to a group Astral Shield or Singularity are as Dailies, LA used to be that (as did SE) but now it's just a minor buff for 10 seconds. Not that you shouldn't change it if it's too much as was, but now it's down to nothing. Some sort of replacement or different positive change (make it 15 secs?) rather than straight nerf might help. But as it is I can't see it being of much use (and this is at 30%, you want it down to 25!!!).

There aren't exactly many other options left, plus TRs have the slowest AP regeneration.
  • centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi

LA really that bad now ? :( doesn't sound good,

I get why they want to change Lurker's Assault in PVP (people CRY CRY CRY) I mean my own opinion is Bias because I love stealth classes, however Think of the other classes

GF - C/C Machine in PVP
    GWF -Unstoppable is insane in PVP

but I still accept then because it comes down to Luck, Some skill and if your Daily's are ready and its PVP

as always PVP affects PVE and this is the bad part of online Games

Prefer if they left LA alone and Boost our class to be Stealth based completely,

** On another Note is LA bugged currently ? there use to be a silver grey time warp animation with LA now it wont go silver /grey

* I've just been told the LA animation was removed? can I please ask for this to be restored... really loved the effect
  • bongiebongie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    meaning over a week to get it. Is there a reason you want us to wait so long? Not like there's much else to do.

So your asking to complete all new content in a couple of days then be bored?? its fine the way it is.. least this way we have something progressive to work towards..
This discussion has been closed.