test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's The Info On Tomorrow's Event?

xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
According to the Neverwinter page on Facebook, a new in-game event is supposed to kick off tomorrow and it was stated that more information would be coming very soon. That was yesterday [25 or so hours ago]. Is it still happening or not?

MODERATOR EDIT UPDATE:
via: Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame2m
Tymora's Gift, new #Neverwinter event begins TODAY!
Click to learn more: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=944311
Two words: Epic rewards.

4639b5bb15aa24b59dbf13bcdf15ced91374778807.jpg

Tymora, the Goddess of Good Fortune, has seen the bold bravery of adventurers in Neverwinter and has decided to reward the risks they took with a chance at good fortune! Starting this Friday, 7/26, adventurers may be rewarded with Gift of Tymora boxes in addition to any loot they pick up!

Begins: Friday, July 26, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (When is that in your time zone?)
Ends: Monday, July 29, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (When is that in your time zone?)

What's inside these Gift of Tymora boxes, you wonder? Rewards may be one of the following:
  • Fools' Crown of Neverwinter
  • Rare Weapon piece
  • Rare Armor piece
  • 10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds
  • Profession resources (Uncommon, Rare, or Epic)
  • Useful potions for your character level

We're excited to bring you this fun, exciting, and rewarding event for all the Neverwinter fans out there! Please note that these boxes will not drop inside Gauntlgrym because Tymora felt it a bit much to clutter the battlefield with her sparkling gifts. Are you ready to slay creatures of the Forgotten Realms for a chance at some rare drops? Let us know on the official Neverwinter forums.
Post edited by xgamemonsterx on

Comments

• parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you look at your calendar in game it tells you when it starts, which is in 5 hours 15 mins from now.

Strangely ppl are getting the drops already from mobs in various zones.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive yet to see any info on it. But it seems to have already started in some respects, at least partially. Ive been finding new loot boxes dropping within the last few hours. With some pretty nifty rewards.
  • enneaennea Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    any info on loot locations, heard doesnt drop in foundry's,. Does it drop in skirmishes and dungeons?
  • kethiankethian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ennea wrote: »
    any info on loot locations, heard doesnt drop in foundry's,. Does it drop in skirmishes and dungeons?

So far, the foundry is the only place I've gotten them to drop.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kethian wrote: »
    So far, the foundry is the only place I've gotten them to drop.
    They drop off mobs of your level. Been farming plenty of boxes out in Whispering Caverns. Already got the Crown.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for asking! It's still going live, and there should be a news post explaining everything tomorrow morning, pacific time. Hope to see you there!
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes! Go there, kill mobs at your level and get thousands of Dragon Eggs that are now cheaper and easier than ever! Why worry about the game's economy and the idiots that spend a lot on keys when everyone can have their Dragon Eggs for free???
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    anyone know where to go for new event?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mobs need to be my lvl? and ty
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes! Go there, kill mobs at your level and get thousands of Dragon Eggs that are now cheaper and easier than ever! Why worry about the game's economy and the idiots that spend a lot on keys when everyone can have their Dragon Eggs for free???
    Haters gonna hate.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    They drop off mobs of your level. Been farming plenty of boxes out in Whispering Caverns. Already got the Crown.

What does the crown do? Is it just decorative?
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    the ingame calander entry is truncated, can't see the whole message :(
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Do the boxes drop of all mob types, or do they only drop of the tougher mob types?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wish the drop rate was alittle higher as i went thru about 150 mobs before 1 would drop for me
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to know if the items within the boxes are level specific. I got 5 on my L 36 GWF...is it better to move these to my L 60 cleric to open? I am guessing it is, but just curious.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I would like to know if the items within the boxes are level specific. I got 5 on my L 36 GWF...is it better to move these to my L 60 cleric to open? I am guessing it is, but just curious.

From the way it is worded I think that it is probably a good idea to open them on the highest level character you have.
    edited July 2013
    nice, last thing I did last night was buy 2 dragon eggs, then I log on to find they're a quarter of the price. And I swapped 2 gemmed pants for 2 eggs each. Gutted.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    What does the crown do? Is it just decorative?
    Just decorative so far how I can tell. I got one and it shown that if I had changed my current hat with it I would lose every one of the bonuses that I had and gotten none from the crown:D
  • thecurlsthecurls Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    From the way it is worded I think that it is probably a good idea to open them on the highest level character you have.

I opened one on my level 36 character and got a blue level 60 armor.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame2m
    Tymora's Gift, new #Neverwinter event begins TODAY!
    Click to learn more: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=944311 .
    Two words: Epic rewards.
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best to do skirmishes, dungeons, or just solo mobs? Has to be equal lvl? Can it be higher? Anyway, where are some lvl 40 mobs? Will foundries drop boxes? Thanks.

Oh. When does this event end? Calender is confusing and doesn't give the time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    Best to do skirmishes, dungeons, or just solo mobs? Has to be equal lvl? Can it be higher? Anyway, where are some lvl 40 mobs? Will foundries drop boxes? Thanks.

Merged your thread in here. See my post above for a link to the details on the event. Good luck!
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Merged your thread in here. See my post above for a link to the details on the event. Good luck!

lol. I just read your link before I posted my thread. I looked at it again, and it did answer the time, which I missed first time around, so thanks.
    edited July 2013
    lol. I just read your link before I posted my thread. I looked at it again, and it did answer the time, which I missed first time around, so thanks.
    Most welcome and no problem! Just for reference here until news propagates to the forums, from the article:

4639b5bb15aa24b59dbf13bcdf15ced91374778807.jpg

Tymora, the Goddess of Good Fortune, has seen the bold bravery of adventurers in Neverwinter and has decided to reward the risks they took with a chance at good fortune! Starting this Friday, 7/26, adventurers may be rewarded with Gift of Tymora boxes in addition to any loot they pick up!

Begins: Friday, July 26, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (When is that in your time zone?)
    Ends: Monday, July 29, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (When is that in your time zone?)

What's inside these Gift of Tymora boxes, you wonder? Rewards may be one of the following:
    • Fools' Crown of Neverwinter
    • Rare Weapon piece
    • Rare Armor piece
    • 10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds
    • Profession resources (Uncommon, Rare, or Epic)
    • Useful potions for your character level

We're excited to bring you this fun, exciting, and rewarding event for all the Neverwinter fans out there! Please note that these boxes will not drop inside Gauntlgrym because Tymora felt it a bit much to clutter the battlefield with her sparkling gifts. Are you ready to slay creatures of the Forgotten Realms for a chance at some rare drops? Let us know on the official Neverwinter forums.

Click here to register for Neverwinter, the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. The best part aboutNeverwinter: it's free to play! Become a Knight of the Feywild or Hero of the North today with a Feywild Pack or Neverwinter Pack purchase!
    4c99a20e60134f91370824417ba35ccf1373591041.pngf4afde92dbd992358d5d944ee8ad18cc1372274125.png
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please note the links to establish (When is that in your time zone?) are not active!

I've seen people with the gear (fool's crown etc) but have totally failed to see any boxes. Am lvl 60, tried Whispering and cleared everything in zone 1 - nothing. Not even on nailing the driders. Tried Helm's for a giggle, great fun but no boxes. Drop rate?
    Are these only happening during missions? Or lvl appropriate areas?
    Sorry, unless there is more news I'm missing, cannot find the answers to this.
    edited July 2013

I did aoe graveyard foundry mission with CW. Had 2 alts logged in. Probably just chance but my level 7 got 6 boxes in one instance, and the 2 level 60s got 3 between them. Alts don't have to do anything, just swap to them once stuff dead. Used to do this for valindra's invasion as well.

Basically killing ogres increases chance of drops as they are tough mobs to fight. AOE farming them is easy with singularity+shield.
    edited July 2013
    xenotorch wrote: »
    Please note the links to establish (When is that in your time zone?) are not active!
    Thanks, forwarded it on.

Here's one I wipped up in the mean-time:

Tymora's Gift Event Begins
    Tymora's Gift Event Ends
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xenotorch wrote: »

I've seen people with the gear (fool's crown etc) but have totally failed to see any boxes. Am lvl 60, tried Whispering and cleared everything in zone 1 - nothing. Not even on nailing the driders. Tried Helm's for a giggle, great fun but no boxes. Drop rate?
    Are these only happening during missions? Or lvl appropriate areas?
    Sorry, unless there is more news I'm missing, cannot find the answers to this.

I got mine while doing Foundries, but supposedly any area with level appropriate mobs will do.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People are running Foundries to get boxes to drop because that way the mobs are always an appropriate level.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia