test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New paragon paths?

baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Will the new paragon paths be included in the next patch? Someone posted a screenshot of the new TR path from the preview server: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?416521-New-Changes-to-Rogue&p=5294591&viewfull=1#post5294591

Can anyone post a screenshot for the other classes please?
Post edited by baddumtss on

Comments

• huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    DC
    2nd_paragon_path_cleric.png

CW
    2nd_paragon_path_wizard.png

TR
    2nd_paragon_path_rogue.png

GF shows current GWF path
    GWF shows current GF path
    might be a bug, no idea
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafive wrote: »
    GF
    2nd_paragon_path_GF.png

Uhhh.... this is GWF's current paragon path.
    edited July 2013
    Uhhh.... this is GWF's current paragon path.

well, it shows for the GF
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafive wrote: »
    well, it shows for the GF

That's got to be a bug or something they messed up on... right? Adding GWF powers to a GF is very weird.
    edited July 2013
    gonna check it out (2nd account ftw :D )

will even get the clerics one then

edit1: ok, GWF shows the current GF path
    (and if the game wouldnt crash all the time, id havethe cleric one too already -.-)

edit2: edited my first post and included DC there
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Looking at the 4e handbook, I wonder if they are going to use paragon path's for the different types of Wizards instead of adding two different classes of the same type i.e War wizard and control wizard with the exception of the GF & GWF?

Anyhow, GF sharing gwf paragon path or something?

This could be right since they are both fighter.

Edit: instead of making a new post: OMG I want that devoted cleric path.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yay they make cw even stronger now gf and gwf can forgot to ever find party ....
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    for sure CW new path will be no use. people will still stick to ledge pushing so lame
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    iergo wrote: »
    OMG I want that devoted cleric path.

Seriously? All I'm seeing is temporary hit points and offense/defense buffs (which we have plenty of options for already) - what's got you excited? The daily with CC immunity is kinda cool but we lose it the second a team-mate takes damage :/
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    for sure CW new path will be no use. people will still stick to ledge pushing so lame

new daily is improved version of black hole so everyone will go to new path
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    brataccas wrote: »
    Seriously? All I'm seeing is temporary hit points and offense/defense buffs (which we have plenty of options for already) - what's got you excited? The daily with CC immunity is kinda cool but we lose it the second a team-mate takes damage :/

In the heat of the moment, after seeing Anointed holy symbol XD.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Based on these powers I'm guessing these will be the names

DC - Anointed Champion (From Divine Power Book)
    TR - Daggermaster (from Player's Handbook)

I'm not seeing a CW paragon path that really matches those powers in either the player's handbook or the Arcane Power book. Might be something from Dungeons magazine.
    edited July 2013
    In the heat of the moment, after seeing Anointed holy symbol XD.

lol!

Well, I'm all for new options for all classes (I only skimmed it, but CW's new Paragon path looks interesting) but there's nothing there for Clerics that gets me excited (early days though - time will tell).

That daily looked quite cool for PvP (largely useless in PvE) but in fact I'm a little disappointed - if your team has the upper hand it could be devastating but it's going to do little to help your team if they're fighting a losing battle (since damage dispels it).
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully those aren't the complete list or final ideas, there is very little difference between DC's current paragon path and what is there.
  • ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    endagon wrote: »
    Hopefully those aren't the complete list or final ideas, there is very little difference between DC's current paragon path and what is there.

Me too, I was hoping for a full healer path or at least a better heal path.
    edited July 2013
    endagon wrote: »

We're only seeing a fraction of the powers/dailies/features that'll make the path so there's still room for surprises - the overall theme of what we can see has me a little underwhelmed though...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're only seeing a fraction of the powers/dailies/features that'll make the path so there's still room for surprises - the overall theme of what we can see has me a little underwhelmed though...

A paragon path consists of 1 at-will, 1 encounter, 1 daily and 3 class features.
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    A paragon path consists of 1 at-will, 1 encounter, 1 daily and 3 class features.

Drat, I thought the new PP's replaced the entire ability tree - my bad.

So that's it?? Weak. :(
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dont forget the feat trees associated with the skills also
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »

That really doesn't allow for any real distinction between paths....
    edited July 2013
    Just checked which of the DC's existing abilities are Paragon Powers - so basically we'd be sacrificing:

Hammer of Fate
    Prophetic Action
    Terrifying Insight
    Brand of the Sun
    Foresight (!)
    and Prophecy of Doom

for... that??
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    hahah would love to see the new paragon path for GF lik ethe correct one XD now imagine if you convine the GF Daily to recover hp with that that makes you inmune for 3 secs XD lol pretty much you will have a lot of self healing around XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it me or does the new cw paragon look like something the warlock class should/would have? Cw use ice to freeze and control but how does fire skills help?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    OMG I want that devoted cleric path.

Seriously? I wouldn't take that paragon path... There is nothing there that would convince me to give up Foresight. I was hoping for something different like a DPS/DoT paragon path. /sigh
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it me or does the new cw paragon look like something the warlock class should/would have? Cw use ice to freeze and control but how does fire skills help?

It seems like they're going for the lazy way

GF <-> GWF
    CW <-> Warlock

You can suppose it'll be similar for the other classes

Rogue <-> Ranger
    Cleric <-> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Or not.
  • par4nauticpar4nautic Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    elahra1rah wrote: »
    It seems like they're going for the lazy way

GF <-> GWF
    CW <-> Warlock

You can suppose it'll be similar for the other classes

Rogue <-> Ranger
    Cleric <-> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Or not.

Cleric <-> Druid
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess that makes sense to make 1 class become another without having to reroll a new character. I remember other games doing this and it worked.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    So are they going to give everyone free respecs everytime a new paragon path is released. Hmmmm... It's expensive to respec at 60.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Conq gfs get increaesed damage when we have temp hp so im hoping this becomes the new dc main path :p
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also want to mention that outside of maybe the infernal pact warlocks that is nothing ljke 4e warlocks. Id be surprised if thats supposed to be a warlock path. Theres no warlock curse, and also those abillities arent even close to the infernal pact warlock abilities. Plus that would mean that cw gets two more paths for fey and star pact.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com