test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry monsters at level 60

beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Why do they seem so much harder than regular level 60 monsters? Does it just seem that way or is there a reason? If I go to a 60 area/skirmish/dungeon and fight a monster and then do a foundry quest that has that same monster it seems twice as hard. I'm not talking bosses or elites or anything like that, just normal stuff. Is it just my imagination?
Post edited by beaghan1 on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry authors have no control over encounters other than selecting easy/medium/hard. They can select a costume, so what looks like an orc (pretty easy) could really be a mindflayer (extremely hard at 60).
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry authors have no control over encounters other than selecting easy/medium/hard. They can select a costume, so what looks like an orc (pretty easy) could really be a mindflayer (extremely hard at 60).

maybe that's what I'm running into then. Someone reskining the mobs to make them harder. It's nothing horrible I just thought that maybe they were just set 25% harder or something. It's kind of sad to run through high end game zones without a worry crushing monsters and get in a foundry and get beat to death by 2 non elite Nasher guards lol.
  • polpopopolpopo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have that problem for me it's more easier to kill the lvl 60 foundry's monsters, and i don't have the super gear it's a mix of green blue and 2 epic.
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes I totally agree, to many foundry suit high dps. I have a gs 9k devoted cleric, it takes sooooooo long to kill many mobs on foundries I basically give up because of the time sink. So far at level 60 I have found the game to be sucking hard core.

The cleric needs work for sure, foundry quests are lame, we have to run. 4 a day just to get astrals. Foundries don't have chests, no good loot, and there are no tables for foundry quests ie... Good for solo cleric etc etc... Wtf is the point?

My advice get into a guild, don't put up with the shocking " no love for cleric " pugs.
    Honestly though, I spend my time wandering aimlessly around , I just can't be bothered farming green drops ( all there ever is in this game) or farming purple lock boxes that are a joke ( opened 60 so far all junk )

So yeah, flame all you want, the game sucks as a Cleric at level 60, solo content very hard to find unless you have lots free time to take 5 times as long to kill anything.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That was how my Easy Quests were born. We had leveled up pretty quickly when the game came out. My main is a cleric. I simply couldn't do most foundry missions alone. Many of the foundry authors weren't leveling up at all so when they played their foundry quests they were all scaled for level 15 or so with the foundry toon. I ended up making many easy quests just to get my daily foundry done so I didn't have to wait for guildies to come along.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think that most Foundry authors use "standard" or "hard" monsters.

Try mine out if you like, and see if it's not easier up to the end guy. I think you'll be surprised, because I used almost ALL "easy" monsters.

I've tried other foundries on my character and, like you, I find that I struggle almost consistently. Some of them, I can't even complete at all alone (or only barely).

Maybe trying one you KNOW is set with mostly Easy mobs will give you an idea of whether it's really you, or really an issue of foundry creators choosing "standard" or "hard" monsters.
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It can also be disheartening listening to foundry chat where people are stacking ogre after ogre.