test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge nerfs coming for TR

Comments

• shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nonameidk wrote: »
    So sick of ppl QQing before they even test it... and on the other side get slain!

No need to test when you have Math.

You probably didn't even bother to read the thread. "So sick of ppl QQing before they even read the threads!"
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    Enough? What for? This number actually provide how ineffective a TR will be, specially if you are comparing it to the other classes. 68.2% of astronomical is not darn good. Considering that you are not counting the change to At-will powers depleting Stealth, we are going into the sub-par ctegory.

Nerfing THE ONLY THING THAT TR EXCELS AT will actually make them SUB-PAR.

I guess you are a PVPer reading your last sentence. Guess what? I don't care about PVP. This kills TR both for PVP AND PVE, the MAIN FOCUS of this game.

It certainly seems to be a significant nerf.

However, if the TR is still by a decent margin the best single-target damage dealer (which even with the nerf it should still be I think) then it isn't likely to change the standard dungeon party composition of DC, CW, TR + 2 others...
  • nonsenseinonsensei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »

75% crit severity is still too low. A 90% Critical severity starts to be a good point.

As I said, I suggest either to lower the damage bonus to 15/30/45% or upgrade the Critical severity to 30/60/90%.

Yeah but they don't want a good point. They want to nerf the skill. a 75% CS is still a nerf, but its a smaller step down. Small steps is what responsible devs do.
    edited July 2013
    nonsensei wrote: »
    Yeah but they don't want a good point. They want to nerf the skill. a 75% CS is still a nerf, but its a smaller step down. Small steps is what responsible devs do.

With 75% CS:

1000 damage, 50% Crit chance, 150% crit severity (75 base + 75 LA)

In 10 hits: 1000 * 5 + (1000 + 1000*150/100)*5 = 17500

17500 against the 15000 we would be seeing with 15%

90% Crit severity brings it to 18250. It would still be down from 22000 to 18250, a MUCH more reasonable number than 15000 or even 17500.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Changes made to any class needs to be done in a subtle way, testing each change made on the ptr to make sure the changes being implemented are not going to cripple the class. Just from what I've read it doesn't seem like these changes made to the Tr are game breaking, but rather necessary to balance the class.

The Developers with their internal testing must have concluded that the nerfs needed to bring the Tr class inline with other classes needed to be this severe. I am sure that once players have had a chance to test these changes on the ptr and voiced their Opinions on the changes Cryptic will make the necessary corrections where needed.

First off: I don't PvP much with my TR. Mostly just run foundry missions with it. My CW and GWF can run them faster, but I kind of liked running them with a TR.

I will check it out. But I can already see I don't need to test it to see how it'll destroy my TR build: At wills lowering stealth bar. Cloud of steel with less charges. Lurker's Assault switching to a crit damage bonus instead of pure damage. I can respec and try a new build, sure. But its still a pita. And it probably won't play the same as the character I was having fun with.

Its just another example of a PvP change ruining PvE. That's my Opinion on this mess.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    This game does NOT revolve around PvP. You are completely ignoring the fact that this change will probably make rogues less effective in PvE, thus making boss fights harder and more tedious, reducing the enjoyment for everyone else.

I'm getting sick and tired of changes in the name of PvP "balance" which hurt the PvE aspects, which to me are what this game is really about.
    Generally I wouldn't side with the not nerfing the rouges but i completely agree with you. They are a pain in pvp but not enough to nerf them.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stop with the nerf you idiots. A lot of people are bringing up good points. Nerfing the rouge is going to ruining the whole game. PvE will be so much harder in dungeons all because people whine about rouges in pvp. I play GWF and Wizard and i dont want this to happen. By doing this you're ruining the game.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If by "ruin the entire game" you mean, "ruin nothing at all" then sure.
    edited July 2013
    This isn't a nerf it was a adjustment to fix a broken class and was needed. I am soo soo happy and couldn't agree more. These are some of the changes many of the players have been wanting and can now enjoy the game better. I couldn't fall asleep last night when I found out the great changes to the TR I went immediately to my guild to spread the great word and rejoice. This was the most broke thing in the game and is getting fixed so this brings some excitement with the upcoming patch. With these adjustments rogues forget they still have 345,678,934,567 skills that are still great most classes have 1-3 skill that are good. Even with these changes they are still OP and could use some more adjustment but ill take this one and enjoy that this cheesy class now will stop ruining the game. Maybe more player will come to this game now that its moving in the right direction. A huge win for the players!!

You're an idiot. Nerfing the rouge will completely ruining pve also. Rouges are the main reason that dungeons get cleared. And don't think im saying this because i play rouge because i dont i play gwf.
    edited July 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    If by "ruin the entire game" you mean, "ruin nothing at all" then sure.

It wont ruin the game much but it will mess pve up a good amount.
  • b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    pve damage got reduced by around 80%...have fun dying in dungeons over and over just cause the class design to kill bosses cant do that
    Awesome, now I have a legit reason to bail on the group when I get bored. Can't kill it fast enough, but still die quick myself I might as well just leave to all those unskilled, lack ability to create actual meaningful content by the developers called add blobs of minions and high damage boss attacks on short recharge because its easier to make the player weaker then develop harder content without falling back on the same bag of tricks for every boss.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Devs should be fired and banned from contributing to other games in the future of the universe.

Changes ==> Irresponsible, lack of vision, performing surgery when a band-aid would suffice, did I say irresponsible yet?
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    Stop with the nerf you idiots. A lot of people are bringing up good points. Nerfing the rouge is going

And TRs wonder why every other class considers them to consist of illiterate unskilled FOTM players...

Seriously, if you want there to be the slightest chance of the Devs taking your post seriously, please try to spell your class name correctly. It is not as if is that long.....
  • conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    A bit of a Nerf was needed on pvp but NOT on pve.... GWF are way deadlier than rogues BY FAR they were the ones that should've got nerfed
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another thread...

Devs don't decide what they code.
    edited July 2013
    A bit of a Nerf was needed on pvp but NOT on pve.... GWF are way deadlier than rogues BY FAR they were the ones that should've got nerfed

The biggest mistake Cryptic is doing is listening to PVP whiners. I hope it will soon stop, starting from this upcoming patch.
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Another thread...

Devs don't decide what they code.

Developers decide what gets coded. As in they "develop" the game.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    omg all the times I said the devs WERE'NT listening I sincerely apologize. I love this new class balance. Now the only people complaining are the no skill tards that like to sit in stealth and dagger people to death BUT now you actually have to play the character instead of relying on perm stealth and your 100 daze/stun skills to 2 hit people. And how does making at will deplete stealth nerf pve? When bosses and most adds can still see u?:p
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Because the more the better. The company needs to know that the nerf is stupid.
    People who complain about nerfing always seem to think the game is perfect at launch. They are wrong. The only way to make the game last is to keep improving it, and one way they do it is by constantly monitor every class and make sure they stay balanced. If one skill is too strong, make it weaker. If one skill is too weak, make it stronger. Yes, it will upset some fans when they improve classes like this, and especially when a class get a lot of small changes all at once. But all in all, it's the best thing they can do. Right now the TR is too powerfuil and too easy to play. The GWF takes skill (especially in solo) to stay alive, and a DC-player needs to know not only what all the skills he/she use does, but also what they does when the player press Tab. A heal-over-time becomes insta-heal, for instance. This is vital in harder areas and dungeons to stay alive.

But the TR? Easy-mode. Just throw daggers at enemies from a distance, wack them with an AoE-skill when they get close and roll away. Then repeat until every enemy is dead. Group mechani? Hit stuff until it dies. That's it. They don't require any kind of skill to play. Nerfing them can hopefully make them more varied, and thus, a lot more fun to play. If you can't deal with it, maybe you should go back to WoW or something.
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They develop the code based on specifications given to them. That coming from someone who used to be a developer.
    edited July 2013
    omg all the times I said the devs WERE'NT listening I sincerely apologize. I love this new class balance. Now the only people complaining are the no skill tards that like to sit in stealth and dagger people to death BUT now you actually have to play the character instead of relying on perm stealth and your 100 daze/stun skills to 2 hit people. And how does making at will deplete stealth nerf pve? When bosses and most adds can still see u?:p

I can already tell that I will still be able to one-shot someone as simple as you even with these drastic nerfs that affect FAR MORE than just pvp.
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    And TRs wonder why every other class considers them to consist of illiterate unskilled FOTM players...

Seriously, if you want there to be the slightest chance of the Devs taking your post seriously, please try to spell your class name correctly. It is not as if is that long.....

I don't even play TR. I play GWF
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't even play TR. I play GWF
    So you made yet another silly post whining about a class you don't even play? Dear lord...
    edited July 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    So you made yet another silly post whining about a class you don't even play? Dear lord...

Because the fact that they're nerfing them is stupid.
    edited July 2013
    thesakari wrote: »
    Changes ==> Irresponsible, lack of vision, performing surgery when a band-aid would suffice, did I say irresponsible yet?
    Congrats, sir. This is the dumbest thing I've heard all month, and I was on the Marvel Heroes-forum. Changes, as in balancing, helps the game improve and players have a lot more fun.

But know what? Screw this, Let's wait with the discussion until the next class gets nerfed, and we get the whole thing all over again. The fifty threads about how bad the TR nerfs are, are guaranteed to return. Just replace TR with the clas that gets nerfed next time. Or the one after that. People never learn... sigh... I honestly don't know why I bother with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sometimes.
    edited July 2013
    And how does making at will deplete stealth nerf pve? When bosses and most adds can still see u?:p

So all those times you were in dungeons with rogues and got carried lets see... On boss fights we were able to go into stealth, pop lurkers, and begin duelists flurry for significant burst DPS (lol you can't be carried in fights like Spider anymore) So more specifically with at wills and duelists flurry we are no longer going to be able to start DF, go into stealth as the animation starts and finish with 100% critical chance of Lashing Blade. That is HUGE when you look at rotations. Not to mention the nerfs to DF yet again. So yeah do you understand even just a little of what this means?>
    edited July 2013
    I can already tell that I will still be able to one-shot someone as simple as you even with these drastic nerfs

So basically you are trying to get the TR nerfed again. Okay.....
    edited July 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Congrats, sir. This is the dumbest thing I've heard all month, and I was on the Marvel Heroes-forum. Changes, as in balancing, helps the game improve and players have a lot more fun.

But know what? Screw this, Let's wait with the discussion until the next class gets nerfed, and we get the whole thing all over again. The fifty threads about how bad the TR nerfs are, are guaranteed to return. Just replace TR with the clas that gets nerfed next time. Or the one after that. People never learn... sigh... I honestly don't know why I bother with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sometimes.

I don't understand why you bother either. Why is it so hard for women to accept that they are wrong?
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why you bother either. Why is it so hard for women to accept that they are wrong?
    So much for an actual, serious discussion. So if you want to sink to that level, here's a short movie-clip from you. You might learn a thing or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3FzVQi-R8
    edited July 2013
    Why would my thread be merged with another? I wanted a General discussion in the general section. Mods, lol.
This discussion has been closed.