test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge nerfs coming for TR

Comments

• korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The noobs like you will bring this game to destruction. GJ man, way to go. You represent the kind of players i hate in every single multiplayer game. Unwilling to learn, unwilling to develop, unwilling to think. Just. Plain. Crying. and Tardness.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dongargon wrote: »
    there is already a thread on this

Sorry, the other thread about TR changes is made by a PVP whiner and he approves the nerfs.

I'm not a TR and I'm not a PVPer. And these changes are worse than the DF one. This is unacceptable.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Go look in the class forum. There is one there about this with alot more replies
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Go look in the class forum. There is one there about this with alot more replies

I'm more interested in the general response of the forum to this. TRs are of course going to complain about these huge nerfs but imho everyone else should and PVPers will be happy.

There is not a single reason for these changes to happen. Again, I don't play a TR but these changes are just putting an end to a whole class. This should NEVER happen in any game.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unwilling to learn, unwilling to develop, unwilling to think. Just. Plain. Crying

If you are so able to learn, develop and think, why are you crying so much........
    edited July 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    I'm more interested in the general response of the forum to this. TRs are of course going to complain about these huge nerfs but imho everyone else should and PVPers will be happy.

There is not a single reason for these changes to happen. Again, I don't play a TR but these changes are just putting an end to a whole class. This should NEVER happen in any game.

That other topic WAS in this forum but GOT moved.
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    That other topic WAS in this forum but GOT moved.

Eh, why I wonder. I want a general discussion on this thread so I hope a Mod doesn't move this too.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly Rogues didn't cry much for Clerics when AS got nerfed so... I'm not crying much for TRs. That doesn't mean I want to see what is basically a nerf for the PvP environment impact rogues in PvE but it is what it is. Rogues will either adapt or move on. Same as DCs.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Eh, why I wonder. I want a general discussion on this thread so I hope a Mod doesn't move this too.

Indeed. The thing is that the TR changes affect other classes indirectly, so this is a concern to the general population - if you have a 5-man group with one or two TRs and they suddenly start to do far less damage than before, others may need to adapt - in particular in the harder boss fights. I kind-of wonder if the devs really tried a few dracolich fights after this change, and still think the class is just fine.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Indeed. The thing is that the TR changes affect other classes indirectly, so this is a concern to the general population - if you have a 5-man group with one or two TRs and they suddenly start to do far less damage than before, others may need to adapt - in particular in the harder boss fights. I kind-of wonder if the devs really tried a few dracolich fights after this change, and still think the class is just fine.

Of course they didn't, why bother doing that when they have us to to test it for them...
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Honestly Rogues didn't cry much for Clerics when AS got nerfed so... I'm not crying much for TRs. That doesn't mean I want to see what is basically a nerf for the PvP environment impact rogues in PvE but it is what it is. Rogues will either adapt or move on. Same as DCs.

It is a bit different. Astral shield's nerf didn't kill a whole class. You will still need a DC in any case, in any dungeon. The changes to TRs are killing them. When you kill the only thing a TR can do better than anyone else, then that means you are killing a class.

Sure, they can stun with Smoke bomb but they are way behind a CW in adds control or to GWF in AoE damage. They can't heal. They can't tank. They are supposed to be the best single target dps and you are taking that away from them. It means that TRs will become a sub-par class.

Cryptic really needs to put an end to this PVP balance, to the detriment of PVE. If they want to balance PVP, they should act on that enviroment and only on that, like many other games are doing.

E.G: You don't want people to be oneshotted? Make it that when you are in PVP, everyone got 10k HP added to their normal HP. Or something similar.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well, youll cry again when you either get stomped in pvp either way or when you will fail to complete any epic dungeons in the future since pve damage was nerfed by alot...and alot means really really lot
    edited July 2013
    I have 4 accounts and I am playing all the classes using different races. So I don`t play just a TR. I just hate when PvPers cry about something and the devs listen to them. The changes are going to suck. I am strictly a PvEer.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is OK. We need a class to be nerfed into mediocrity so the mob finds another target for their QQ.
    I am sure that the proposed changes will be altered. Not by a lot though.
    Another thing, it is triple digit people think of cookie cutter spec, they are maximizing classes and optimizing them to their needs.
    It is double digit players who can't go to class forums and copy exactly what triple digit player wrote down to them in their guides.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What will be laughable is that the same people will still lose to the TR despite this nerf, its not the class its YOU...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    well, youll cry again when you either get stomped in pvp either way or when you will fail to complete any epic dungeons in the future since pve damage was nerfed by alot...and alot means really really lot

Your salt tears nourish me, even if I have no bleeping idea what you're trying to say :)
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This isn't a nerf it was a adjustment to fix a broken class and was needed. I am soo soo happy and couldn't agree more. These are some of the changes many of the players have been wanting and can now enjoy the game better. I couldn't fall asleep last night when I found out the great changes to the TR I went immediately to my guild to spread the great word and rejoice. This was the most broke thing in the game and is getting fixed so this brings some excitement with the upcoming patch. With these adjustments rogues forget they still have 345,678,934,567 skills that are still great most classes have 1-3 skill that are good. Even with these changes they are still OP and could use some more adjustment but ill take this one and enjoy that this cheesy class now will stop ruining the game. Maybe more player will come to this game now that its moving in the right direction. A huge win for the players!!
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, the other thread about TR changes is made by a PVP whiner and he approves the nerfs.

I'm not a TR and I'm not a PVPer. And these changes are worse than the DF one. This is unacceptable.

These changes are amazing and I comment on every thread about them. Pure genius for cryptic to fix this broken class. These adjustments were needed to bring balance into the game and was sooo soo needed. Soon as I found out the great news I went to my guild chat to let everyone know and celebrate that the bugged broken rogues was getting fixed some. No more perma stealth absolutely terrific indeed. They are still OP and the changes just help the game go in the right direction and make tons of players happy and want to continue to play the game. If rogues didn't get fixed the future of this game wasn't going to be good.
    edited July 2013
    It is a bit different. Astral shield's nerf didn't kill a whole class. You will still need a DC in any case, in any dungeon. The changes to TRs are killing them. When you kill the only thing a TR can do better than anyone else, then that means you are killing a class.

Sure, they can stun with Smoke bomb but they are way behind a CW in adds control or to GWF in AoE damage. They can't heal. They can't tank. They are supposed to be the best single target dps and you are taking that away from them. It means that TRs will become a sub-par class.

Cryptic really needs to put an end to this PVP balance, to the detriment of PVE. If they want to balance PVP, they should act on that enviroment and only on that, like many other games are doing.

E.G: You don't want people to be oneshotted? Make it that when you are in PVP, everyone got 10k HP added to their normal HP. Or something similar.

only thing? lol they do everything better then every other class. Come on these changes were needed /thread
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Your salt tears nourish me, even if I have no bleeping idea what you're trying to say :)

ofc you dont know what im trying to say, that would need some reading comprehension and farsight on your part

pve damage got reduced by around 80%...have fun dying in dungeons over and over just cause the class design to kill bosses cant do that
    edited July 2013
    only thing? lol they do everything better then every other class. Come on these changes were needed /thread

ill await your rage threads when your precious GF gets nerfed into ground soon :)
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i don't claim to be a mmo savant.

I've played like 6 mmos all my life.(I got a 3 infront of my age)

This is the FIRST time i ever seen a company that caves in and bows to incessant whining. Really.
    Although i don't really LOVE pwe. I realistically can't blame them for this one. Cos one of the games i used to play was PWI. I know for a fact that Once they make a game. It STAYS made. u can cry and even post a real life slash wrist video. They would never change anything.

So from this i can deduce, CRYPTIC is behind all this.
    Have you heard the age old saying "you can't please all of the ppl, all of the time"?

Let me ask you crypticians this. WHEN WILL IT END?
    Human nature is to complain. How long u think u can keep a game going where ppl will tolerate the game classes changing and changing and changing with NO STABILITY?

Prime example: In the beginning. The favourite whine was shocking execution. U caved and nerfed it. Ppl adapted and came out with other strategies to roll over less intelligent players.
    Now you're caving AGAIN and nerfing it AGAIN.

Let me tell you. There IS another build to roll ppl.
    So when the ppl that lack skill come on again and start wailing "WTF TR DAILY POWER AOE HITS SO HARD AND BLEEDS TOO?"(previously noone noticed these cos the middle paragon wasn't popular)
    You gonna nerf it again?

Let me assume that whoever is incharge there at cryptic is an ADULT. Bro.......get some SELF CONFIDENCE man. when u create something. STAND BY it.
    If you don't it will never end.
    The new whine will be up 1 week after this POS goes live.

Stop it at preview and save yourself the grief. Save the gamers the grief.

Realistically if u wanna NERF PERMA STEALTH tr....GO FOR IT. I can see the logic. Just LEAVE our DAMAGE alone.

FOOLS.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
    edited July 2013
    I have 4 accounts and I am playing all the classes using different races. So I don`t play just a TR. I just hate when PvPers cry about something and the devs listen to them. The changes are going to suck. I am strictly a PvEer.

I don't understand it either. Killing a whole class just because of some PVP whiners seems really..stupid.

Okay. Don't feed the troll please. Just look at this history and don't feed him.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Here's the really sad part: After the TR is nerfed, Cryptic will change another class to balance the game better, and I can guarantee a lot of people will complain about that class being nerfed. Then it's on to a third class, and people complain that that class is being nerfed, and so on. It will never end. God help us all when they release a new class, and decide they have to rebalance all other classes. The forum will go into a meltdown.
    edited July 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Realistically if u wanna NERF PERMA STEALTH tr....GO FOR IT. I can see the logic. Just LEAVE our DAMAGE alone.

FOOLS.

Exactly. If you wanna nerf Perma stealth rogues, change Bait and Switch to NOT refill the whole Stealth bar togheter with the Cloud of Steel nerf.

Trickster Rogues at the moment will have ZERO daily powers to use. Courage Breaker is useless, LA is being nerfed to oblivion, SE is useless in PVE. Why? Because of PVP. This makes ZERO sense.
    edited July 2013
    Crit severity reduced from 60 to 15% in LA.

you got that wrong there

currently its +60% bonus damage, not just crit severity

so we go from +60% bonus damage down to +7,5% bonus damage (when you have 50% crit chance, most have less)
    edited July 2013
    you got that wrong there

currently its +60% bonus damage, not just crit severity

so we go from +60% bonus damage down to +7,5% bonus damage (when you have 50% crit chance, most have less)

True, edited it out.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pve damage got reduced by around 80%...have fun dying in dungeons over and over just cause the class design to kill bosses cant do that

Calculation needed otherwise this is utter hysterical tripe.
  • crasharrcrasharr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ofc you dont know what im trying to say, that would need some reading comprehension and farsight on your part

So does this mean us GWF will be shunned less as we are now more in line with the other DPS class? Cool!
This discussion has been closed.