test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge nerfs coming for TR

toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
terramak wrote: »
Trickster Rogue
  • Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
  • Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
  • Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
  • Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
  • Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

/crucified
Post edited by toughguylol on

Comments

• thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.

Yup. Thanks for a DAILY that is SLIGHTLY better than a Lesser Vorpal Enchant! Wewt!

Wonder if the Devs even considered what this means for PVE.

RIP TRs.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Trickster Rogue
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    • Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    • Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    • Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    • Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.
    /crucified

I'm going to wait until I see if any of that actually makes it to live. And what else is changed. Before making up my own mind. But yeah, if you're just going by the current patch notes - your comment doesn't seem like much of an exaggeration.

thesakari wrote: »
    Wonder if the Devs even considered what this means for PVE.

Wondering that as well.

*To clarify: I am more worried about the affect this is going to have on PVE. I PvP mostly with my CW anyway.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "RIP in peace"

Really?
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic's last huge nerf bat swing to Rogues reduced our damage output by roughly 20-25% overall in PvE because they nerfed Duelist's Flurry and Deadly Momentum by a ridiculous amount. They also nerfed a Daily (Shocking Execution) to the ground.

Now, they're completely destroying Rogues again by ruining Rogues' primary class feature: Stealth and being able to attack while in stealth. They're also destroying another Daily (Lurker's Assault), which affects both PvE and PvP. Instead of nerfing the damage output of that Daily by let's say, 20%, they completely got rid of the original damage increase and instead, added a worthless 15% Crit Severity to a DAILY. Again, 0 playtesting, 0 thought was put into these gigantic and dramatic nerfs that completely cripples the entire class both in PvE and PvP.

If they wanted to shut the PvP whiners up and nerf permastealth (which should be nerfed), they could have easily changed Bait and Switch's ability to refill the stealth meter while in stealth. But no, Cryptic decides to ruin the entire class by making At-Wills deplete the stealth meter instead. Shows once again how incompetent these guys are at balancing this game.

Meanwhile, they leave the ridiculously overpowered Sentinel GWFs and GFs in tact simply because all the whiners ignore those broken classes/builds and focus on Rogue QQ instead. Greater Tenebrous stacking is still taking 1/3 to 1/2 of people's health bars with just 1 proc every 20 seconds. CWs are still able to stunlock everyone and spam Ice Knife for 40k+ at a ridiculous range. But no, let's nerf Rogues to the ground again because the forums say we should.

PvE Rogues are finished, completely annihilated and useless once this patch hits live servers.

PvP Rogues will still manage to do well if they're geared, spec'd, and played properly, but their overall effectiveness will be dramatically reduced. All the scrub Rogues will be even more worthless now and should just reroll asap.

Sent. GWFs, GFs, and tanky Clerics will be even more immortal now that good Rogues can't do nearly as much damage to them and will be fodder to their CC locks and 3-shots. CWs are super happy too because they can sit back, CC lock everyone, nuke people for 40k+, and not worry about being 1-shot by LA+Lashing.

It's like these devs don't thoroughly think about the consequences or playtest these insanely dramatic nerfs at all. They only listen to the forum whiners; the same few crybabies that troll and spam these forums everyday with the same QQ threads and posts.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This was all totally needed and they need to keep it coming. Next they need to buff GF's and CW's then we shall have some good balance :)
  • bardeliabardelia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The way the DCs were nerfed I was expecting not better changes for TRs, I agree permastealth builds need a nerf, but this is a joke. It's obvious that pvp is not even in dev's agenda and these changes are just for people who wanted rogues to be 2 wield fighters without armor running around to be killed. Nevertheless you can still stall a node for ever with bait and switch and shadow strike, but most of the rogues are going to be spamming lashes and executions around again. Impact shot it's not touched and will be a problem again in any build that can over use it. And I'm wondering how poor developing is this, they gave us skulker set in GG and 1 month later mostly they nerf stealth? I can't see the pattern here. A new build will be up in what? 2 weeks? and bad pvpers will be qqing again, there I can see the pattern; execution, stealth, any bets on the next thing?

The problem for me was the mix of the exec builds with permastealth bonuses, stealthmeter refills shoulda been deep feats in saboteur tree, so if you wanted high damage output you could not have long stealth times.
    This was all totally needed and they need to keep it coming. Next they need to buff GF's and CW's then we shall have some good balance :)

Dude, you called me hacker just because you didnt know what itc does while in stealth, any balance or mechanic comment coming from you its just a bad joke.

Meanwhile bots, quitting games, GF damage output due knight's challenge, tenebrous stacking and other more important pvp issues, imho, remain the same.
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    Next they need to buff GF's and CW's then we shall have some good balance :)

*cough* Cleric here that would disagree with that seeing as all we're getting is a tweak to Forgemaster's Flame and we're *still* lumbered with 'Righteousness' *sigh*
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's about time. This train has been coming for months. Now reduce the righteousness penalty and we'll be getting somewhere.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is because of all the PvPer whiners. PvPers need to go play a game that is designed around PvPing not in a game that is designed around PvE. They do this in all games they bow down to the PvPers and screw PvEers
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    Cryptic's last huge nerf bat swing to Rogues reduced our damage output by roughly 20-25% overall in PvE because they nerfed Duelist's Flurry and Deadly Momentum by a ridiculous amount. They also nerfed a Daily (Shocking Execution) to the ground.

Now, they're completely destroying Rogues again by ruining Rogues' primary class feature: Stealth and being able to attack while in stealth. They're also destroying another Daily (Lurker's Assault), which affects both PvE and PvP. Instead of nerfing the damage output of that Daily by let's say, 20%, they completely got rid of the original damage increase and instead, added a worthless 15% Crit Severity to a DAILY. Again, 0 playtesting, 0 thought was put into these gigantic and dramatic nerfs that completely cripples the entire class both in PvE and PvP.

If they wanted to shut the PvP whiners up and nerf permastealth (which should be nerfed), they could have easily changed Bait and Switch's ability to refill the stealth meter while in stealth. But no, Cryptic decides to ruin the entire class by making At-Wills deplete the stealth meter instead. Shows once again how incompetent these guys are at balancing this game.

Meanwhile, they leave the ridiculously overpowered Sentinel GWFs and GFs in tact simply because all the whiners ignore those broken classes/builds and focus on Rogue QQ instead. Greater Tenebrous stacking is still taking 1/3 to 1/2 of people's health bars with just 1 proc every 20 seconds. CWs are still able to stunlock everyone and spam Ice Knife for 40k+ at a ridiculous range. But no, let's nerf Rogues to the ground again because the forums say we should.

PvE Rogues are finished, completely annihilated and useless once this patch hits live servers.

PvP Rogues will still manage to do well if they're geared, spec'd, and played properly, but their overall effectiveness will be dramatically reduced. All the scrub Rogues will be even more worthless now and should just reroll asap.

Sent. GWFs, GFs, and tanky Clerics will be even more immortal now that good Rogues can't do nearly as much damage to them and will be fodder to their CC locks and 3-shots. CWs are super happy too because they can sit back, CC lock everyone, nuke people for 40k+, and not worry about being 1-shot by LA+Lashing.

It's like these devs don't thoroughly think about the consequences or playtest these insanely dramatic nerfs at all. They only listen to the forum whiners; the same few crybabies that troll and spam these forums everyday with the same QQ threads and posts.

/thread

/10char
  • ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ya this is total $h*t, have a some nice things on my TR and now hes getting turned to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and worthless for PVE. PVPrs will still find a way to do something and no balance goes into some of the real issues with PVP.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This goes live....I'm out. Plain and simple.

I don't care about stealth. Not a perma stealth build.....But Effing over Lurkers? The ONLY useful daily atm....? You're lucky you have a swear filter.....
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think we all knew this was coming weather we liked it or not but I don't think we thought it was going to be this severe. Like the astral shield nerf that devastated DCs in pvp as well as Pve. We are gonna have to figure out how to press through this.

that being said when classes get their most commonly used powers brutally nerfed please look at the build guides ad take some of the powers people classify as underpowered or possibly a waist of time and buff them so people don't feel quite as harmed.
    also since most these nerfs target pvp and stealth-dps based power maybe focus on team survival and buffing powers that are made for PVE team play like the ones that give flanking benefits or that buff the party.

this way by buffing weak powers when your nerfing OP powers we may end up with a larger variety of average and decent powers that can give a more dynamic build selection.
    edited July 2013
    bardelia wrote: »
    The way the DCs were nerfed I was expecting not better changes for TRs, I agree permastealth builds need a nerf, but this is a joke. It's obvious that pvp is not even in dev's agenda and these changes are just for people who wanted rogues to be 2 wield fighters without armor running around to be killed. Nevertheless you can still stall a node for ever with bait and switch and shadow strike, but most of the rogues are going to be spamming lashes and executions around again. Impact shot it's not touched and will be a problem again in any build that can over use it. And I'm wondering how poor developing is this, they gave us skulker set in GG and 1 month later mostly they nerf stealth? I can't see the pattern here. A new build will be up in what? 2 weeks? and bad pvpers will be qqing again, there I can see the pattern; execution, stealth, any bets on the next thing?

The problem for me was the mix of the exec builds with permastealth bonuses, stealthmeter refills shoulda been deep feats in saboteur tree, so if you wanted high damage output you could not have long stealth times.

Dude, you called me hacker just because you didnt know what itc does while in stealth, any balance or mechanic comment coming from you its just a bad joke.

Meanwhile bots, quitting games, GF damage output due knight's challenge, tenebrous stacking and other more important pvp issues, imho, remain the same.

All perma stealth are exploiters! now its getting fixed. Yay to better times to come in NW. Nothing was more important then fixing this.

It was a class 7 priority
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    the real question is what are you going to cry about when you still get owned by TR's because you never l2p?
  • zydrateacademyzydrateacademy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Topic title: "Rest In Peace In Peace"?

Anyway yea, this all looks very... painful. So far the TR has been my main.
    To my Cleric for a while, it seems.
    edited July 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    This goes live....I'm out. Plain and simple.

I don't care about stealth. Not a perma stealth build.....But Effing over Lurkers? The ONLY useful daily atm....? You're lucky you have a swear filter.....

Good less rogues. So let me guess when your class is bugged and OP you want to play it then when its brought into some balance which even after this they will still be OP you want to leave. That's just sad. You going to go to another game where rogues are exploited as your next stop just curious do the MMO bounce cheesy class to cheesy class. Any ways more players are happy then sad from this so lets rejoice.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Any ways more bads are happy then sad from this so lets rejoice.

fixed this for you and I agree
    edited July 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    the real question is what are you going to cry about when you still get owned by TR's because you never l2p?

QFT, when ppl realize that permastealth rogues can still own a node with these nerfs, there will be more QQing rivers incoming. The real problem about permastealth rogues it's that takes brains to counter it to win the game, but most ppl give a kobold's nail about winning domination games, or just don't have those brains, even some premades.
    edited July 2013
    I think we all knew this was coming weather we liked it or not but I don't think we thought it was going to be this severe. Like the astral shield nerf that devastated DCs in pvp as well as Pve. We are gonna have to figure out how to press through this.

that being said when classes get their most commonly used powers brutally nerfed please look at the build guides ad take some of the powers people classify as underpowered or possibly a waist of time and buff them so people don't feel quite as harmed.
    also since most these nerfs target pvp and stealth-dps based power maybe focus on team survival and buffing powers that are made for PVE team play like the ones that give flanking benefits or that buff the party.

this way by buffing weak powers when your nerfing OP powers we may end up with a larger variety of average and decent powers that can give a more dynamic build selection.

That's the problem with this developer. They don't balance anything. They gut and over-nerf what the forums, whiners, and bad players with bad gear tell them is too strong. Balance requires taking away AND adding to. Balance requires careful thought and thorough playtesting. When they only take away and don't add anything back, it's not balancing at all.

They're going to completely destroy the Rogue class if these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> changes go through. Another class ruined by someone who clearly doesn't play their own game very much.
    edited July 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    fixed this for you and I agree

It has nothing to do with good or bad players. Something was broke and it needed to get fixed. Obviously they saw that and wanted to fix this terrible play that has been going on. I guess if I was a bad player and used perma stealth maybe I would be mad if I invested into it. I just would never play something bugged like that. If its broke fix it. TR was broke and its getting fixed its really that simple.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good less rogues. So let me guess when your class is bugged and OP you want to play it then when its brought into some balance which even after this they will still be OP you want to leave. That's just sad. You going to go to another game where rogues are exploited as your next stop just curious do the MMO bounce cheesy class to cheesy class. Any ways more players are happy then sad from this so lets rejoice.

You DID read the part where i said i didn't run a perma stealth build right?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It does seem painful. With the next two classes coming out being strikers I wonder where TR will sit when it's all said and done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm happy TRs are getting nerfed. Put it like this: My GWF has a hard time when facing multiple enemies. My DC can hold her own, but it takes some practice. My TR wades into a room full of enemies and kills them all without breaking a sweat.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Before I rant about PWE ruining my class, I just want to say good job OP. You started a thread with a grammatical error and people chimed in and read just because of the grammatical error. I bet you did it on purpose.

THAT, is how you get attention these days.

/facepalm
    edited July 2013

Stop responding to him. He's a troll, a whiner, and a spammer. Just look at his post history. He's here to gloat about himself spamming these forums often enough with his troll QQ posts, that the devs were dumb enough to listen to people like him.
    edited July 2013
    If its broke fix it. TR was broke and its getting fixed its really that simple.

It's not getting fixed, a rogue will be able to sit forever in stealth in a node which it's your main issue about the class. This changes, I'd dare to say poorly tested or not tested at all, just are going to make the class less funnier to play, with almost no balance implied. Im happy to know Ill be getting free wins against ppl who quits against stealth rogues before the patch.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    I'm happy TRs are getting nerfed. Put it like this: My GWF has a hard time when facing multiple enemies. My DC can hold her own, but it takes some practice. My TR wades into a room full of enemies and kills them all without breaking a sweat.

Do you ever get hit? Because when I get hit it's like getting hit by a brick-sh*t truck. If I'm good at dodging, then yeah, not that hard. You mess up once and you're screwed.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why do you guys keep feeding him? Ignore him and maybe he'll go away.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    It is because of all the PvPer whiners. PvPers need to go play a game that is designed around PvPing not in a game that is designed around PvE. They do this in all games they bow down to the PvPers and screw PvEers

This ^

If folks want PvP as their main course... go play a PvP-centrific game. This game here isn't PvP-centrific.... despite its recent panderings.
This discussion has been closed.