test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corleine Organization Mystery~ Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (Trading Reviews!)

xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
You receive a letter from Finley, asking you to come back to the Corleine Camp as soon as you can. Perhaps you should check this out and see what the Corleines have gotten themselves into this time!

Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (in case you wanna catch up on the story) - NW-DNGIC6AJC
Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit - NW-DESQ9HQAZ

Please keep in mind that sparkle trails absolutely do not work on one of the maps due to elevation!

I tried to solo balance this and was able to solo it on my 60 TR without too much trouble, let me know how it works at other levels on various classes if you can! Let me know what quest you'd like me to review in return and I will get to it A.S.A.P.

One of the maps required the use of many invisible walls, let me know if you still fall off somewhere and try to remember vaguely where if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help/critiques/reviews! Have some screenies now!

screenshot_2013-07-22-10-29-45.jpg

screenshot_2013-07-22-11-02-40.jpg

screenshot_2013-07-22-11-07-11.jpg

#Story, #Combat, #Balanced, #Exploration, #Dungeon, #Abyss, #Solo
yGX5UJU.jpg
Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
Post edited by xpurpleinsanityx on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll trade with you :3, check my signature, Part 3 of the Brethren campaign :) I'll run both of your quests tonight.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I'll trade with you :3, check my signature, Part 3 of the Brethren campaign :) I'll run both of your quests tonight.

Okies, I'll run yours here in a bit :D
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Okies, I'll run yours here in a bit :D

Awesome :3, I'll play yours in a bit as well, just need to fix something in the foundry, won't be long.
    I like turtles.

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Loved your map of the abyss. :) Sent you feedback through our site.
    edited July 2013
    Liked the quest, ran it with a GWF 9.6k geared. So to me the combat wasn't a trouble at all. But it seemed fairly balanced. Good job :)

- Also, if possible try adding some more details to the caves, maybe play around with the lightning. That can make wonders.
    I like turtles.

edited July 2013
    Liked the quest, ran it with a GWF 9.6k geared. So to me the combat wasn't a trouble at all. But it seemed fairly balanced. Good job :)

- Also, if possible try adding some more details to the caves, maybe play around with the lightning. That can make wonders.

Thanks :) Yeah, now that I've finished my second, I have plans to go back and do a little prettifying to part 1. Ran yours and left comments on your thread. :D
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Liked part 2 alot more than part 1, really nice enviroments. Hellish :) - Good job. I can't really think of much to say, it was really well polished.
    I like turtles.

edited July 2013
    Liked part 2 alot more than part 1, really nice enviroments. Hellish :) - Good job. I can't really think of much to say, it was really well polished.

In all fairness, I already caught and fixed 3 bugs XD Thanks for the awesome review! :D
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Playing yours right now. I'm looking for reviews for my new quest if you could. Info is in my sig below (Paying the Piper).
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
    edited July 2013
    talli0 wrote: »
    Playing yours right now. I'm looking for reviews for my new quest if you could. Info is in my sig below (Paying the Piper).

Playing yours now as well. :) Do you have a thread where you'd like my additional comments?
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Talli0's Foundry:

edited July 2013
    Great quest. Really well done.

The main issues I ran into stem from my bad playing more than a quest bug.

1) Right at the beginning, I missed the area where you were supposed to look out over the water at the city/refuge and just kept going. At one point of my exploration, a combat Finley spawned meaning I had two Finley's following me. One had a shield on his back, the other a bow.

2) Right at the end, fighting the two big demons, there is a magma monster of to one side. Well, somehow I ended up targetting him, used my TR teleport ability and ended up off the platform in lava. There was no was to get back up I could find and had to /killme.

3) Damien's refuge seemed cool but I didn't really explore it. With all the effort it looked like you put into it, I assumed that part of the quest would direct me there. When it never did, I was bummed that I didn't take more time to look into it. Maybe you should have someone say at some point that we (the adventurer) has some time and could use it to check out the refuge.

4) Ending felt kinda abrupt. I was expecting a little bit more of an exploration but Keith in essence just told me to go away. It felt more like Keith was a bad guy and was going to do nefarious things to Finley than a satisfying ending to the quest.

Hope that all helps.
    Talli0's Foundry:

edited July 2013
    1) Right at the beginning, I missed the area where you were supposed to look out over the water at the city/refuge and just kept going. At one point of my exploration, a combat Finley spawned meaning I had two Finley's following me. One had a shield on his back, the other a bow.

Yeah, I've been thinking that I should move the waypoint a little to the right so that it's harder to miss. This confirms that I should. Not much that I can do about the bow to shield thing, but I have been thinking about blocking off that East path for early exploration for the sake of the spawning Finley. Kinda torn on whether or not I should block the path or take out the "backup" spawn of Finley...hrm on second thought I don't think a "backup" spawn is really too necessary there.
    2) Right at the end, fighting the two big demons, there is a magma monster of to one side. Well, somehow I ended up targetting him, used my TR teleport ability and ended up off the platform in lava. There was no was to get back up I could find and had to /killme.

That guy keeps giving me probs, I'm gonna have to come up with another solution to killing him off! Thanks for that. :) Sorry about the /killme though. :(
    3) Damien's refuge seemed cool but I didn't really explore it. With all the effort it looked like you put into it, I assumed that part of the quest would direct me there. When it never did, I was bummed that I didn't take more time to look into it. Maybe you should have someone say at some point that we (the adventurer) has some time and could use it to check out the refuge.

Finley actually suggests that you take a look around while he's preparing to activate the portal.
    4) Ending felt kinda abrupt. I was expecting a little bit more of an exploration but Keith in essence just told me to go away. It felt more like Keith was a bad guy and was going to do nefarious things to Finley than a satisfying ending to the quest.

Yeah, that's just Keith. :D (He'll make more sense down the campaign road!)
    Hope that all helps.

Quite a bit! Thanks a ton for giving me a run and helping me look at several things!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Few fixes I did:

**Fixed the last boss battle, magma guy should no longer be an issue whatsoever
    **Got rid of the backup Finley, so exploration will not cause duplicates
    **Adjusted the waypoint for the city view objective so that it is much more difficult to miss
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Updated first post with screenies :3
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just saw that this is out. Will run it first thing when I get home from work.

My new one is just out today if you wouldn't mind taking a look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »
    Just saw that this is out. Will run it first thing when I get home from work.

My new one is just out today if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

Ooh, I shall do so shortly. :D

Edit: Reviewed and posted feedback on your thread.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Discovered a couple of holes in the invis walls through self-testing and will be fixing them shortly. Please, oh please lemme know if you guys find anymore. If you end up in the water, don't worry, I've put a teleporter in the water under the big center area with the campfire until I can verify that all holes are patched.

~Thanks :)

Edit: Also, a.f.a.i.k. all bugs with final boss and invis walls with cutscene should be fixed. I've ran through about 5 times and had no issues with either. Lemme know if any of you do at this point. :D
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Finished and rated. Loved the look of the lower sanctum. very diablo-ish. awesome job on the demons, and the abyss area it's self. good story and neat way to incorporate side quests. I forgot to look for bug and try to break your quest :rolleyes:.

though i did see one thing. when the demons rolled up to the siege tower with the guards in it on demon got stuck behind an invis wall then seemed to jump over it and got back into combat. I ran the wall and could not find a break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »
    Finished and rated. Loved the look of the lower sanctum. very diablo-ish. awesome job on the demons, and the abyss area it's self. good story and neat way to incorporate side quests. I forgot to look for bug and try to break your quest :rolleyes:.

though i did see one thing. when the demons rolled up to the siege tower with the guards in it on demon got stuck behind an invis wall then seemed to jump over it and got back into combat. I ran the wall and could not find a break.

Thanks! I'll have to check into that issue with the assault, maybe I can roof it in...would hate for a mob to jump over and fall off somehow breaking progression.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Looking for some more review trades today! Keep em coming. :)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Still up for doing more. :3
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Need 8 more plays to hit daily status~ Still trading, :3
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Still needing those plays/reviews and still completely willing to trade!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I've run out of time today, but will definitely review your quests this weekend.

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

Quest: 422 - Yeenoghu's Bride
    edited July 2013
    feuygar wrote: »
    Hi,

I've run out of time today, but will definitely review your quests this weekend.

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

Quest: 422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

Okies, thanks.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I'll give this a play again :)
    I like turtles.

edited July 2013
    I'll give this a play again :)

<3 /10char
    yGX5UJU.jpg
  • trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    I'll trade you. Going to go play yours now.

EDIT: Just finished. Wow, I need to go back and play part I now. I enjoyed it very much. Played as a solo lvl 34/35 halfling mage and the difficulty was just about perfect. I sweated a bit on the bosses but otherwise was very doable with a cleric companion.

I did think the start was a tad slow, but honestly, If I realized sooner I could mount my horse that would probably be a non-issue. I did however feel the music on map 1 didn't really fit with the mood of the area. IMHO.

Overall, enjoyed it very much. Loved all the detail and the old school names of the mobs. I will be subscribing and I'm going to go play it again with my husband later with a different pair of toons.

Thank you!
    edited July 2013
    trishani wrote: »
    I'll trade you. Going to go play yours now.

EDIT: Just finished. Wow, I need to go back and play part I now. I enjoyed it very much. Played as a solo lvl 34/35 halfling mage and the difficulty was just about perfect. I sweated a bit on the bosses but otherwise was very doable with a cleric companion.

I did think the start was a tad slow, but honestly, If I realized sooner I could mount my horse that would probably be a non-issue. I did however feel the music on map 1 didn't really fit with the mood of the area. IMHO.

Overall, enjoyed it very much. Loved all the detail and the old school names of the mobs. I will be subscribing and I'm going to go play it again with my husband later with a different pair of toons.

Thank you!

Thanks! Getting ready to play yours now~

Do you have a thread for me to post my details on..or would you prefer a pm? :)

Edit: Your shortcode doesn't seem to be working for me. :( Will keep trying~

Additional Edit: Okay, located the problem! XD Your sig..(underneath the picture) is missing the 3 between G and R
    yGX5UJU.jpg