test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you just scrap the Fury of Fey module and give us 3 more PvP maps and content.

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't do dungeons still in this game they are all bad but what I do is PvP and a lot of it. Problem is we don't have any real PvP yet. Stuck in beta PvP while the PvEr get a new module with a new dungeon that they will hate as much as the current ones isn't going to increase the player base of this great game.

This game has tons of potential. There are guilds that just want to PvP. There are players like myself that want PvP so it makes a lot of sense to give us some real PvP. When can we expect a PvP release with 3 new maps of 10v10 and a revamping of the maps we have and some PvP seasons that are competitive with titles and rewards like mounts and gear.
Post edited by abombination247 on
«1

Comments

  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    The primary base of any MMO - other than those geared specifically to PvP - is PvE. The PvP crowd tends to complain more, get bored faster and move on to the next great thing, and have less money to spend because they are significantly younger on average. Perfect World knows this quite well - they aren't MMO rookies.

    None of this may describe you or many other PvP fans it simply happens to be a generally accurate demographic summary.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't care about the state of PvP as I don't play it (glory is worthless and it's too boring to be worth the 4k daily). I'll take my Feywild module thanks.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The mind boggles.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they aren't going to scrap stuff they already finished for stuff they haven't started.
    assuming they haven't already started on more pvp content if they start now
    youll probably see it in 2 months maybe 3.

    Also realize everyone has their own pet thing they want and everyone wants it first
    so it does no good to complain about stuff you don't use. for every person wanting more pvp
    there is some one wanting more customization. Someone wanting more classes/races
    someone wanting foundry improvements, someone wanting them to make lev 60 skirmishes
    someone wanting guild improvements, guild/personal lairs, a villain/evil city,
    them to balance the content they HAVE. bug fixes ect

    asking in that manner is like going to a friends house and telling them they shouldn't have
    spent their money on the new game they bought. they should have given it to you.
    thank you Capt. hindsight.

    now your point is not invalid im sure people will love to see more pvp maps.
    but unless you want to go get a job at cryptic
    its really gonna be a matter of waiting in line like everyone else

    Im sure PWE has datamined who pays the most $$ and will probably put out content based on said results....heck that's probably why they got a new 60$ box. the most money probably comes from people wanting to play unique races and have cool mounts cute pets and custom outfits!

    yeah no proof but I did see a statistic somewhere saying children and housewives were a huge contributor to modern game sales. they beg the poor working husband for the $$ who is to tired to refuse.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »
    The primary base of any MMO - other than those geared specifically to PvP - is PvE. The PvP crowd tends to complain more, get bored faster and move on to the next great thing, and have less money to spend because they are significantly younger on average. Perfect World knows this quite well - they aren't MMO rookies.

    None of this may describe you or many other PvP fans it simply happens to be a generally accurate demographic summary.

    I would think you and perfect world are misinformed then. PvP crowd by far spends the most money in this Game for high end enchants and gear and off sets to counter different builds. There is no end game content that requires gear. So all the money being spent right now is by the big spenders in PvP and they have 2 maps. PvP is extremely important in any MMO but honestly I like PvE its just this game is bad at it. So I spend all of my time in PvP. Lets have some balance and give the players that are putting in time and spending time in the zen shop more maps.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Don't care about the state of PvP as I don't play it (glory is worthless and it's too boring to be worth the 4k daily). I'll take my Feywild module thanks.

    PvP daily shouldn't even give AD but ill take it everyday. Glory is not worthless I make tons of AD off it. So maybe you haven't been using glory to the fullest its a great currency to supplement you with and well there is nothing more fun then killing another player. So its just bonus.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would think you and perfect world are misinformed then. PvP crowd by far spends the most money in this Game for high end enchants and gear and off sets to counter different builds. There is no end game content that requires gear. So all the money being spent right now is by the big spenders in PvP and they have 2 maps. PvP is extremely important in any MMO but honestly I like PvE its just this game is bad at it. So I spend all of my time in PvP. Lets have some balance and give the players that are putting in time and spending time in the zen shop more maps.

    By all means, please post the statistics to back up your assertion.

    You do have evidence, right?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.


  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what I do is PvP and a lot of it. Problem is we don't have any real PvP yet.

    Here's a thought - try downloading and playing an actual PvP game, with pvp content, and devs actually trying to balance & develop the pvp. Instead of a PvE MMO with the usual obligatory pvp minigame.


    (I'm looking forward to Feywild. Because, like you, I'm not that into the dungeon scene. The endgame has 5-mans and PvP, it's been needing some official non-Foundry quest-based content.)
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    By all means, please post the statistics to back up your assertion.

    You do have evidence, right?

    But you're happy to let the claim that PVE players spend more stand without any evidence?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pvp folks are always convinced that they are the most significant source of revenue and feedback for a game.

    Just... let them rage.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

    Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

    Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

    Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    But you're happy to let the claim that PVE players spend more stand without any evidence?
    Do you know what burden of proof is?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The OP is confused. He somehow thinks this game was made by a PVP centric company.

    OP, I urge you. To take the time to visit the PVP forum sections in both STO and CO. See just how dismal the communities are. See the neglected and uncared for state they have been left in. In some cases for years! Then come back here, properly informed, and tell me where you think the direction of this game is going to be headed.

    Open your eyes. This game will always be PVP light. Its what Cryptic does, its all it will ever be. For some of us this is all we want and need. For the hardcore, save yourself the stress and anguish and give it up already. Its not going to change.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Don't care about the state of PvP as I don't play it (glory is worthless and it's too boring to be worth the 4k daily). I'll take my Feywild module thanks.

    Actually, glory has a use- you can easily cap your glory on an existing well-geared character, to buy a full set of T1 PvP for an alt to pull on as soon as they hit 60. Doing the PvP daily consistently will get you part of the way there relatively painlessly.

    I was a little shocked just how well my little GWF performs in T1 PvP, with careful speccing and choice of rotation. Last week a guildie (thaum CW, nice gear) actually asked my how it was possible to put out that much DPS in PvP gear. (I hate to explain that it was due to loads of nerdy tweaking of spec and rotation, alas).

    Anyway, it does have a role, free gear that will get you the GS to hit T2s for very little, after you fill it with r5/r6 gems :)
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP'ers actually spend more money on zen stuff then pve'rs...
    to be competitive they need a faster mount,top enchants.... and if they dont pve the only way to have those is by buying zen because they dont have drops that they can sell at the ah...
    But ofc the pve'rs deny that because they still think that a mmo is only about the pve, when in recent years its the pvp that makes or breaks a game... just browse a bit on the net and you will find that to...
    and even if you dont want to admit that, you have to understand that playing 2maps only over and over is not fun and it starts to get old very fast...
    they need to have a balance between pve and pvp content to make everyone happy or they will lose costumers...
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    (I'm looking forward to Feywild. Because, like you, I'm not that into the dungeon scene. The endgame has 5-mans and PvP, it's been needing some official non-Foundry quest-based content.)


    ^This. I am also wanting to see what they come up with for us to do besides dungeons and pvp in Fury of the Feywild.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP will ever have his niche because they have big Whales, people that spend 1k easily (good for them for having good jobs/wealth) but on avg, theyre just that, a niche, the core of this game (and games like this one) is the PvE casual playerbase, that makes the profit for the company and that is the players whose feedback and happiness is important, btw, abomination, youre the worst poster in the site and i dont know how are you still unbanned... not from the forums, from earth...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Actually, glory has a use- you can easily cap your glory on an existing well-geared character, to buy a full set of T1 PvP for an alt to pull on as soon as they hit 60. Doing the PvP daily consistently will get you part of the way there relatively painlessly.

    I was a little shocked just how well my little GWF performs in T1 PvP, with careful speccing and choice of rotation. Last week a guildie (thaum CW, nice gear) actually asked my how it was possible to put out that much DPS in PvP gear. (I hate to explain that it was due to loads of nerdy tweaking of spec and rotation, alas).

    Anyway, it does have a role, free gear that will get you the GS to hit T2s for very little, after you fill it with r5/r6 gems :)
    I should clarify, I've not got much use for it. I already have my T2 sets ready for my alts. Selling glory items I guess could net me a little AD each day, but it hardly seems worth the effort.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /points at the banner at the top of the forums

    This game is licensed by WotC, the current owners of the Dungeons and Dragons trademark. Everyone who thinks DnD is a PvP game, please raise your hand. The short bus will be here soon to pick you up.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umm you do realize players dont buy greater or perfect enchants to pve right? It's to win in pvp. And that is where a big chunk of revenue comes from the p2w people that want to dominate pvp matches. And before anybody say you can just grind to buy them how many months of dailies and praying(grinding) would it take to get 4m ad per each enchant?(without exploiting cn to sell stuff on ah) And then think about how long the game been out. :)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

    There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The OP is confused. He somehow thinks this game was made by a PVP centric company.

    OP, I urge you. To take the time to visit the PVP forum sections in both STO and CO. See just how dismal the communities are. See the neglected and uncared for state they have been left in. In some cases for years! Then come back here, properly informed, and tell me where you think the direction of this game is going to be headed.

    Open your eyes. This game will always be PVP light. Its what Cryptic does, its all it will ever be. For some of us this is all we want and need. For the hardcore, save yourself the stress and anguish and give it up already. Its not going to change.

    I am not confused I know every MMO is PvE focused. There are huge crowds of players like me that play them for PvP because the whole reason to gear up and get the best gear possible is so that you can slay another player with it. MMO's are fun but and its the PvP that makes or breaks the game. If the PvP is great the game can be great if it is lacking then the game will most likely be there as well. I don't care if they focus on PvE and roll out a bajillion raids the point is don't have next to nothing for PvP because then in the end the MMO will be incomplete and most likely a failed project. I am not asking for the world of PvP to be added to the game just something more then the scrimmage of beta PvP we currently have since there are tons of players wanting to test it and PvP guilds. Like it or not my wonderful PvEr that PvP is the other side of the coin and is needed and can't be neglected.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    umm you do realize players dont buy greater or perfect enchants to pve right? It's to win in pvp. And that is where a big chunk of revenue comes from the p2w people that want to dominate pvp matches. And before anybody say you can just grind to buy them how many months of dailies and praying(grinding) would it take to get 4m ad per each enchant?(without exploiting cn to sell stuff on ah) And then think about how long the game been out. :)

    To add to this.. You need a dismal GS to do the lack luster dungeons. Where PvP guilds you are required to be rocking perfect enchants, Tene's, rank 8+ perfect armor enchants. Greater or perfect vorpals. Making each toon in the 10's of millions AD spent. The coalescent wards aren't flying out for PvE game play all these enchants and gear and off sets goes for the funding of PvP. The Zen shop would do a 1000% better with more PvP since its all completely about maxing gear and enchants.

    You can do a dungeon with a crappy enchant but you can't do PvP without a 4mil AD one.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    And what about those who are really looking forward to the campaign system? :)

    You may not do PvE but I do tons of it and I'm hoping the campaign system will give me some long term goals other than grinding dungeons for end loot.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not confused I know every MMO is PvE focused. There are huge crowds of players like me that play them for PvP because the whole reason to gear up and get the best gear possible is so that you can slay another player with it. MMO's are fun but and its the PvP that makes or breaks the game. If the PvP is great the game can be great if it is lacking then the game will most likely be there as well. I don't care if they focus on PvE and roll out a bajillion raids the point is don't have next to nothing for PvP because then in the end the MMO will be incomplete and most likely a failed project. I am not asking for the world of PvP to be added to the game just something more then the scrimmage of beta PvP we currently have since there are tons of players wanting to test it and PvP guilds. Like it or not my wonderful PvEr that PvP is the other side of the coin and is needed and can't be neglected.

    Why are you telling me this? Im not the one with a dog in the fight here. I simply offered perspective. A view of the long history of bias against your cause, by the very people you seem to want to understand you.

    But, judging by the coherence of your reply. I can only assume beating your head against a wall is a common past time for yourself. Don't let anything like knowledge and past history stop ya. Who knows, the wall might break before your brains turn into mush, assuming its not already to late.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I only play dwarves and halflings. Please scrap all the other races and give us gnomes instead. Thanks.

    /sarcasm off
  • Options
    seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And what about those who are really looking forward to the campaign system? :)

    You may not do PvE but I do tons of it and I'm hoping the campaign system will give me some long term goals other than grinding dungeons for end loot.

    As someone who doesn't have time to grind dungeons, but would grind solo instances and PVE quests, I'm looking forward to the module in the same way. Of course, I'm more obsessed with the fact that having a Lilend is allowing me to actually play again, as I finally have a purple healer (I was holding off for that).

    My main is only 28 - I play like 2-3 hours a week, so viva la PVE content! A little is a lot, for me!
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And what about those who are really looking forward to the campaign system? :)

    You may not do PvE but I do tons of it and I'm hoping the campaign system will give me some long term goals other than grinding dungeons for end loot.

    I look forward to any improvement. Campaign system can be a plus. Dungeons are terrible so in order not to rage I do PvP. Unless you change dungeons at some point. So when can we expect some PvP ?
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    >But you're happy to let the claim that PVE players spend more stand without any evidence?<

    Maybe PvE players read more carefully <chuckle>. The point I made is that PvP players on average are younger and as a result have less money. No statement was made about whether PvP players SPEND less I have no information on that therefore I do not comment. Perhaps due to their enthusiasm they do spend a higher percentage of their available money on MMOs.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    But you're happy to let the claim that PVE players spend more stand without any evidence?

    And yet, still no evidence.

    It's a question of burden of proof. So here is how it works. Someone makes a claim that they say is factual. While I would like to believe them and expect that they're being honest, I would also like to see the evidence. So far, none has been forthcoming. The OP (who apparently PvP's a lot unless facing a rogue who is always in stealth - which is when the OP quits) wrote "all the money being spent right now is by the big spenders in PvP." That's a rather bold claim, and I'd love to know if PWE is making their books public so we can track this. Because frankly, that would be highly unusual and very useful.

    Right now it looks like it boils down to the OP effectively saying "I want this" and then making claims for why the OP's desires should be made into reality. What hasn't yet been shown is a reason why anyone should take any of the OP's claims seriously.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.


  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    closed beta people are still hoping
    open beta people are still hoping
    game launched live still hoping for improvement

    the game is not improving. i dont know if ...it really will

    seriously? is this game Live? or still in Alpha test?
  • Options
    dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Being a long time D&D player (1976) for me it is about PVE and dungeon exploring, than PVP. I also have spent plenty money on it. As for the xpack if they said it was all about PVP they could forget about my money. Have not done one PVP and I have a lvl 60 a lvl 47 a lvl 43 a lvl 41 and another lvl 43. The other D&D MMO also is not about PVP and it is going on 8 years old.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
Sign In or Register to comment.