test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why is it hard selling a coalescent ward now?

boscawenboscawen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
used to be so easy but nowadays nobody makes a peep on buying one.

1000 zen or 200 bars scores you a ward. realistically, whats a good price to sell/buy one through a private sale? Am I nuts asking for 3-6 keys for one? its still cheaper compared to doing the store way. its not like im asking to trade for a nightmare mount or a white tiger...but offering me two keys seems a little insulting.
Post edited by boscawen on

Comments

• haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's because they're comparing it to the AH price. 2 Keys may not be enough to make the trade fair, but neither would 5 or 6 keys. Depending on how the AH is doing, 3-4 keys would be a lot more reasonable.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    AH normally can range from 110k to 150k depending on the day. A single key can range from 46-53k. Two keys is close but not enough for someone to give and 5-6 keys is just asking for way too much.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't pay more than 2 keys. Keys are worth about 50k AD, coal wards are worth about 100k.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    boscawen wrote: »

1000 zen or 200 bars scores you a ward. realistically, whats a good price to sell/buy one through a private sale? Am I nuts asking for 3-6 keys for one?

Yes. Well maybe not nuts, :) but you aren't going to get 6 keys for one.

They may cost 1000 zen in the store, but... Every character can have a chance to get one once a week. For 7 celestial coins. That's a lot of "free" coalescent wards dumped into the AH keeping their value down. As long as that's the case they will never be worth the $10 of Zen you need to buy them from the shop.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    AH normally can range from 110k to 150k depending on the day. A single key can range from 46-53k. Two keys is close but not enough for someone to give and 5-6 keys is just asking for way too much.

When I was trying to buy wards I was offering 5 keys for 2. I would say that is probably the minimum value/offer one should consider.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    boscawen wrote: »

1000 zen or 200 bars scores you a ward. realistically, whats a good price to sell/buy one through a private sale? Am I nuts asking for 3-6 keys for one? its still cheaper compared to doing the store way. its not like im asking to trade for a nightmare mount or a white tiger...but offering me two keys seems a little insulting.

There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Lots of purchases made by people trying to get the new healer...lots of profession packs opened, lots of wards for sale. Prices fall.

2. Why use a coalescent ward, (which can run over 100k ad on the AH), at all? The much cheaper 'green' wards will eventually give you the same result, and will save you money in the long term.
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dngrmse1 wrote: »
    2. Why use a coalescent ward, (which can run over 100k ad on the AH), at all? The much cheaper 'green' wards will eventually give you the same result, and will save you money in the long term.

You haven't made any high level enchants have you? I would like to see how many green wards it takes to fuse with a 1% chance.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dngrmse1 wrote: »
    (On Beholder) Green wards are ~4.2k. With a 1% fusing chance, it'll take you 420k AD to get a fuse, compared to 103k AD for a coal ward. Just saying.
    selaral wrote: »

Key prices have been rising steadily as well. Two/three weeks ago they were 35k.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    You haven't made any high level enchants have you? I would like to see how many green wards it takes to fuse with a 1% chance.

Granted. My experience is with enchants and runes to R7.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »

probably 99 :P
  • azy5azy5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »
    probably 99 :P

Mathematically speaking:

#of wards / Chance of success
    1 / 1%
    10 / 9.6%
    25 / 22%
    50 / 40%
    69 / 50%
    80 / 59%
    100 / 63%
    150 / 78%
    200 / 87%
    300 / 95%

Just saying....
    1) math is cool
    2) thinking that if you have 100 1% wards you are guaranteed a good fuse is wrong.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Coalescent are a must for weapon and armor enchants and you need a lot of them. Since you need at least a greater enchant. which is 21 Coalescent wards to make a greater for weapon and 21 for armor. That's 42 coalescent right there and didn't even go to perfect.. woot.