test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What keeps you playing

13»

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ..because the game has some good points. It's pretty, and PvE combat flows nicely. It will do until something better comes along.

Of course, without a marked increase in quality WRT bugs/exploits, many people will drop it like it's hot when there's a good alternative. It's a shame. I came here for the foundry, but find that the whole game is trying my patience. I was looking for a new game to call "home", but this doesn't appear to be it; possibly it's just a fling, if you will.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All we have is the hope for it to get better, but thats never going to happen; anyways, the day when the first module gets released will be the day I will move on and stop browsing the forums, unless that they prove me wrong.

Also, to those who enjoy it because of the foundry; don't you understand that in long term all your efforts will be a waste of time because the game will die?

It's like building a skyscraper on an unstable ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    unless that they probe me wrong.

Um..........

;)
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Um..........

;)

Lol, I meant prove. It already feels like they are probing me wrong with this unfinished game. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Lol, I meant prove. It already feels like they are probing me wrong with this unfinished game. :p

Mindbleach, please. This thread has taken an entirely upsetting new direction :)
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    ..because the game has some good points. It's pretty, and PvE combat flows nicely. It will do until something better comes along.

Of course, without a marked increase in quality WRT bugs/exploits, many people will drop it like it's hot when there's a good alternative. It's a shame. I came here for the foundry, but find that the whole game is trying my patience. I was looking for a new game to call "home", but this doesn't appear to be it; possibly it's just a fling, if you will.

Yeah. Like a one night stand. Then, in the morning, you wake up and say "wtf did I do?!?", go home and shower for hours, crying like Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura. Then you go out again, get drunk, and meet the same person, and do it all over again, and again, not understanding why, until you finally stop. Then you can move on to something else and forget about that bad time in your life.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • threstonthreston Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem with the game is that it's a generic fantasy game right out of the generic fantasy game makers text book, with a forgotten realms logo plunked on the start screen and website. I'm actually mad and sad this/these companies got a hold of it.

DDO at launch from 1-9 was and will be far more amazing and well put together than this will be in 5 years, if it even makes it that long, if it had FR instead of Eb tied to it, this mess here would have never happened.

Yah, I'm mad bro ;)

well said

/10
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game was very very fun when I played beta but I can't remember the last time I played a new game that wasn't fun at first but then after countless mind numbing repetition it got boring. That coupled with an unfinished game, no end game content, bugs, exploits. The only thing I look forward to is what new zen store companion we'll get next week :confused:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    1, 4, 6 and 7
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure quite why I'm still playing tbh. doomkookies pretty much sums up my feelings. The guys I started playing with all stopped quite some time ago. 1 PvP in about 6 is really good - nice and close. The other 5 are a waste of time - quits or massive mismatches.

I do enjoy the odd dungeon run, but I'm down to 1 or 2 a day at most now. The P2W aspect is more irritating than I used to find it. If one of my RL players came up to me and offered me a tenner for a +5 Vorpal Sword in game I'd fall off me chair. You can't build a fantasy world that feels realistic and is worth investing time in if real world economics affects it so heavily. Pay to play is fine. Pay for Gear isn't for me. It affects the whole atmosphere of the game.

The combat seems fairly good, but my other love in life is Quake. A fantasy game does need good combat, but it's not able to compete with an old school FPS :). That's a bit off topic to be fair. My real issue is the repetitiveness. I'm not going to stop playing right now, but I can't envisage ever paying for it as it stands.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good friends that play as well, a good guild. Loving the foundry quests.
  • someguywhoplaysgamessomeguywhoplaysgames Member Posts: 1,546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nothing.

Champions will always be better than this.
    zX1y498.png
  • down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    I log in for the PvP my perma-stealth rogue that feasts on CWs tears :cool:
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im down to just logging for invoking/professions, if I happen to log when GG is on I will run it but that's about it at the moment.
    Looking forward to the new expansion and the content it will hopefully bring but apart from that im lurking on the forums more than in game at the moment:/

Usual things that have been posted a million times over on this forum already are some of the reasons ive lost a bit of interest.. Queue system, variety, blah blah..

Still really like the game but am just flitting between it and others..
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like kicking Kobolds in the face. That keeps me playing.
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    watching the game die.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Watching an undead mummycat kicking Kobolts in the face.
    Watching a blue dog in a red armor eating ice-cream with his tiny red dragon pet.
    That's what keeps me playing.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Watching an undead mummycat kicking Kobolts in the face.
    Watching a blue dog in a red armor eating ice-cream with his tiny red dragon pet.
    That's what keeps me playing.

Yeah he should be chasing me up trees and stuff but NOOOOOO! he is more interested in his ice-dream and stupid gecko these days I feel so neglected :<
  • someguywhoplaysgamessomeguywhoplaysgames Member Posts: 1,546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's the only way to play.
    zX1y498.png
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Less and Less every patch.