test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Warning] Gateway does Not give astral diamonds on profession collect!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    h2ogatesy wrote: »
    But using the gateway to collect profession quest rewards does NOT give your character the rough astral diamonds that are part of the reward.
    That is as designed, the rough astral diamonds awards are automatically converted to refined astral diamonds when collected via the gateway. (saving you a few clicks)

Furthermore, as of
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375171-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529g-25
    Auto-Refine: When Rough Astral Diamonds have been automatically refined, a notification now appears upon logging in

So yu should also be getting a notification that this has happened now.

Check your astral diamonds (refined) count before and after. Are they correct? if they are incorrect then we have a (different) problem.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for info. I wonder if the auto-refine applies to daily limit for refining AD. I smell exploit if not. Mousing over the available AD to refine would also be another clue. I collected 4800 in gateway and found I had to log in anyway for something else and when I checked the raw AD, the count was at 0. But I think my AD count was a bit higher, but you can't really tell unless you're expecting it to bug.
  • Options
    taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for info. I wonder if the auto-refine applies to daily limit for refining AD. I smell exploit if not. Mousing over the available AD to refine would also be another clue. I collected 4800 in gateway and found I had to log in anyway for something else and when I checked the raw AD, the count was at 0. But I think my AD count was a bit higher, but you can't really tell unless you're expecting it to bug.

So, you are saying the gateway auto refine actually refines raw AD you have from other sources that you haven't bothered refining yet?

Honestly I wish the refining process was 100% automated. Every day refine all available up to the max, whenever you get raw AD, refine them up to daily max.
  • Options
    darxide23darxide23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    Check your astral diamonds (refined) count before and after. Are they correct? if they are incorrect then we have a (different) problem.

I had a busy week last week and didn't log into the game all week. I did, however, use the Gateway to work on leadership. I did mostly jobs that gave rough astral diamonds. I logged in last night for the first time in 9 days and I had ZERO rough diamonds and I also was watching my actual diamond count the whole time. It never moved.

Ergo, I received neither rough nor refined astral diamonds for 9 days worth of leadership jobs.
  • Options
    klashklash Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It looks like the admins have posted, saying they're looking into this, but I wanna leave this here for two reasons. Bumping the thread to keep other people from being effected by this issue, and hopefully leaving something useful so you can solve the problem. Detailed notes of what I did, and what happened are as follows:

-Most of the characters I'm using for this are currently level 10.
    -I am using the "Protect Caravan" Task, in three slots, on each character.
    -To switch between characters, from the Profession screen that displays your profession slots, I click "Change Character"
    -I have done so upwards of four times, without logging in to the character(s) in question in between.
    -I logged in today to refine the rough AD they should have had, but it was not rewarded as expected.

Hopefully that helps, guys. If I need to be clearer on something, just let me know and I'll do my best. Good luck!
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    At the risk of repeating myself, just avoid using the gateway to collect rewards for now. It's OK to use it to start things, if you have forgotten, but it loses AD quite often (and sometimes other things too, like chests etc.). Only collect rewards via gateway if you're prepared to lose them, and only want the XP, or are testing etc..

It's a very long running bug, there have been claims in the past that it has been fixed. However, don't believe the hype.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's a shame this is still an issue after so long because the Gateway is a very useful tool for me.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    That is as designed, the rough astral diamonds awards are automatically converted to refined astral diamonds when collected via the gateway. (saving you a few clicks)

Furthermore, as of
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375171-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529g-25

So yu should also be getting a notification that this has happened now.

This is mostly true. When in the gateway, if you collect AD, it goes to your rough AD. As a feature, when you first log in to a character (not change character) it will try to refine any rough AD for you and I think it only does it once a day. It's not specific to the gateway. If you have more AD than can be refined in one day, you'll see an error message after logging in and no AD will be refined.
  • Options
    the1prometheusthe1prometheus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's what is happening to me-

Several times now when using the gateway and collecting items marked "TASK COMPLETE" in green text, the gateway collects astral diamonds from my character as if I chose to "RUSH" the profession task. I have made two tickets about this but when I go online to support or access support within the game itself it shows I have submitted no tickets even though I was given a ticket number. No gm contacts me, and no email is sent to me regarding this issue. There is also no search feature to search for your ticket via the provided ticket number. I refuse to fill our yet another 'useless form' to have my issue handled and I cannot find a phone number to call in order to resolve this.

This JUST happened to me again to the tune of about 75,000 AD and I won't be using the gateway anymore.

This is ridiculous.

Here's an idea-

Why don't you implement a feature at the bank where you can store currencies as well as items. That would solve the issue for me and others and you wouldn't have to painstakingly run down a random bug that doesn't ALWAYS happen.

I'd put my AD in the bank and everything would be smooth sailing.

How about that, huh?
  • Options
    o0java0oo0java0o Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had this issue happen to me today... I noticed it a couple days ago... I have a bad memory and could not recall what tasks I was performing so I just brushed it off. Today I was doing [Collect Taxes] In three slots so I should have at least received 2400 rough AD. To my surprise I received none... I got my experience, my chests and possibly my silver, but I know for sure that I did not get my rough AD.
  • Options
    o0java0oo0java0o Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My ignorance may be at fault here... I will have to check and see if there is a message saying RAD have been automatically refined. I did not know about this feature...
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pretty sure it doesn't auto refine them.

if it did, why would it say it gives ROUGH Astral Diamonds?

and yeah, this is still broken.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Gateway is always broken, in some way or another. Use it to log in and start tasks remotely, if you forgot to kick them off, but never collect results there. There's a fair chance that sometimes you'll lose AD, chests, and various other things otherwise. It has been like that for a long time.
  • Options
    ottorepoottorepo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So this has been broken for two months and they still haven't addressed it? I suppose they will in another month... "now functioning as intended."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never once noticed that I didn't get what I was supposed to from Gateway professions completion. I don't keep exact track of diamonds because I turn them over too rapidly with buying and selling, but containers, leadership resources, potions, crafting materials, crafted materials... every time I log in I have exactly the number of items I expected, or total items such as refugees or mining claims going up in cases where I am not counting other than to make sure I have "enough" to keep on top of using them in other tasks.

Is everyone who complains so very certain of the exact number of diamonds they had before and after their supposedly bugged tasks?

The game absolutely does automatically refine diamonds left in the rough state. I had a lowbie farming the Black Lake skirmish during the last double diamonds event and he ended up earning several times his refining cap. I then ended up not touching him for about a week, and everything was refined by the time I got back to him. The total was exactly what he should have had... nice rounded easy-to-remember figures when they're in even multiples of 1000.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is such a shame this bug is still in... /sigh
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I believe this "bug" occurs BKAC.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not fixed yet... Thx for wasting my time in profession clickin for nothing!! I can already become a robot of sorts. Awesome game