test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inventory sort not working

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It just arranges my items in two seemingly random ways, all of which leave gaps unless the bag is completely full.
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem on all my characters. My inventory is a mess now.
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is what I came on here to try to figure out =/ no answers huh ......c'mon guy's help us out pleeease!Any time would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.
  • orflamorflam Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It isn't a random sort, it simply reverses the order that the items were in the bag prior to the sort. If you click sort again, it will go back to the way it was prior to the sort. I noticed this was broke with the July 18 patch.
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    orflam wrote: »
    It isn't a random sort, it simply reverses the order that the items were in the bag prior to the sort. If you click sort again, it will go back to the way it was prior to the sort. I noticed this was broke with the July 18 patch.

I'm not sure were talking about the same problem.We hit sort and stuff stays all over the place with spaces everywhere(reversing the same mess when sort is hit).I have to literally put everything in order manually if I want it correct or filling up spaces in order.Or maybe you're concurring with the problem i'm not really sure...
  • sl1ceysl1cey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kumaluca wrote: »
    I'm not sure were talking about the same problem.We hit sort and stuff stays all over the place with spaces everywhere(reversing the same mess when sort is hit).I have to literally put everything in order manually if I want it correct or filling up spaces in order.Or maybe you're concurring with the problem i'm not really sure...

I was having the same problem here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?407751-Item-amp-bag-bugs-after-most-recent-patch
  • nezurilnezuril Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed that this bug happens to my characters that have more than 2 bags. All the others with just the 2 bags, have no problem with the sort button. Hope this helps to fix it soon!

Edit: I also noticed that this happens if the bag has at least 3-4 items. Works fine with just 2 items that unfortunately never have... (they fill up very quickly :P)
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same issue here.. inventory sorting doesn't work properly.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey All,

We've confirmed that this is a known bug that our developers are working to resolve. Right now we don't have a specific ETA, but we're working on it and hope to have more info in the future. Please keep an eye on the patch notes for updates. Thanks for your patience and support!
  • docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We've confirmed that this is a known bug that our developers are working to resolve. Right now we don't have a specific ETA, but we're working on it and hope to have more info in the future. Please keep an eye on the patch notes for updates. Thanks for your patience and support!

I wonder if this was a bug that slipped in, or did some dev decide that sorting your stuff should no longer be an option?

I have to laugh at those players who scoff at this issue, saying JUST SORT IT BY HAND. Surely, they must realize that we came to NW to play a game--and not to do house cleaning!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Oh cool , when I saw you had replied to this thread I was expecting to see "Working as intended"
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    At least the devs should disable the sort button to avoid hand-sorted bags to get messed up by their bugged code.

But no; Button still here, feature still bugged, mods still not giving any ETA.
    English is not my first language.
  • d1gitalhyped1gitalhype Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still not fixed after patch? Seems unlikely this one is difficult to fix. Considering how easy it is to reproduce the issue. Every single player is affected. I still say its intentional. Here is why.

. Break inventory sorting
    . Inventory management becomes more time consuming for customer
    . Customer's bags and thus bank slots become more likely to fill up
    . Increase in customers spending Zen to buy additional bank slots and/or AD for bag purchases
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • laralanthalaralantha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same problem. It started two patches ago. Sort is useless for now.