test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teleporters that you get sucked in to?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Wondering if there's any way to create teleporters that characters get sucked in to.. or that are only one way. Closest thing that I can come up with is telporter that puts you very high and drops you so you can't reach it again. Is there any other ways of doing that type of thing?
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Tried to do simmilar, covering second teleporter with crates but it doesn't look good. It even gives me bad ratings.
    There is something used in DMs studio that I didn't quite get that you could use for one-way teleporter.

Hope this helps.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Right - the destination can be above you (out of reach) behind a fake ceiling for example, or under the floor. The DM's Studio has examples of both. I think the latter is much easier to do, but you might want the falling effect from the former in some cases.

There's no way to force-port a player really. You can spawn something on top of them which can cause them to appear at the respawn point. Or you can do a "black-out" effect to simulate a teleport (very hard to do though); but that's about it.

Depends what you are trying to do - but you can probably trick a player into clicking on an object which teleports them, if that helps.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Next question - on the falling - what would be a suitable height to allow a player to fall without the fall being annoyingly high damage or killing them?
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Falling damage is pretty low. You need it just out of jumping interaction reach. 15-20 feet should do it provided there is nothing else around to jump off of.

*edit* On 2nd thought, I think all portals have a mandatory medium interaction length. In which case you just need it above standing interaction height.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The best way to make a one-way teleporter is to use the invisible teleporter. Then on the end you DO want them to see/use, add a graphic to it. On the other end, if you set it up by 20, they don't fall far and they can NOT see it up in the air.

The biggest problem is that people use visible teleporters so there's something dangling above them.

If you want to make the one end of the portal mandatory, though, all you need to do is have walls appear around them or drop them into a pit so that the portal is the only way out. And again, use the invisible porter and just add a graphic to that end.
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    Next question - on the falling - what would be a suitable height to allow a player to fall without the fall being annoyingly high damage or killing them?

I set mine at 20. Since I use the invisible porter, I don't have to worry about them either getting injured (it does no damage at all to a level 6 char), nor seeing it and being all like... "yeah, dude, huge ball floating in midair for no apparent reason... lame".

Nor do I need to concern myself with false ceilings.
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.