test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want to buy your new pack but you already have my money...

urnusthebeatpoeturnusthebeatpoet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So here's the deal. The new 60 dollar pack is something I want. Thing is, PWE/Cryptic already has my money. It's in the form of Zen, I have more than 60 dollars worth, and I want to use Zen to buy these new items. What's the point of Zen/Buying Zen with cash if we can't use it to purchase the new stuff when it comes out? Is there any chance any of these things are gana be avalible after it releases in the Zen store? I'd MUCH rather pick and choose (basically, everything but the unicorn), but if they let me give them 6000 Zen to just buy the whole, pack, I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

But if I can't buy this pack for Zen, I won't ever be buying Zen again. Zen should be the only way to get items in game (not counting the founder's packs, which were essentially pre-orders). Releasing more content on a cash only basis just devalues Zen and is going to make people (like me) not buy anymore.
Post edited by urnusthebeatpoet on

Comments

• cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Exactly. Why can't people just buy the race or whichever part of that pack strikes their fancy with Zen instead of being forced to spend the cost of a new game for a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that no way in hell is worth that kind of money?

It's not just highway robbery, it's a hostage situation.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic might go the DDO route where you can pre-order an expansion 'bundle' but various elements are later available in the in-game shop.
  • urnusthebeatpoeturnusthebeatpoet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Cryptic might go the DDO route where you can pre-order an expansion 'bundle' but various elements are later available in the in-game shop.

That's all I am asking. Hell, I don't even care if it's available in the Zen store at "release," because until they release new classes, I have very little interest in playing Neverwinter. I am sure this isn't the case for everyone in my situation (lots of Zen, no real moneys), but I think that most people would be happy as long as they could get these things in a decent time frame after the release of the module.

But until I hear from someone at PWE/Cryptic that we can get this stuff (or at least most of it) for Zen in the Zen stone, even if the whole bundle would cost more money that way, I won't be spending another dime on this game.
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    Exactly. Why can't people just buy the race or whichever part of that pack strikes their fancy with Zen instead of being forced to spend the cost of a new game for a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that no way in hell is worth that kind of money?

It's not just highway robbery, it's a hostage situation.

hostage situation implies you have no real choice. Guess what, you do. Stop feeding into this horrible game ran by horrible chinese suits. Cryptic was doing good till they got bought by PWE. Give up on it. Stop fan boying over DND and go play a real DND game.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So here's the deal. The new 60 dollar pack is something I want. Thing is, PWE/Cryptic already has my money. It's in the form of Zen, I have more than 60 dollars worth, and I want to use Zen to buy these new items. What's the point of Zen/Buying Zen with cash if we can't use it to purchase the new stuff when it comes out? Is there any chance any of these things are gana be avalible after it releases in the Zen store? I'd MUCH rather pick and choose (basically, everything but the unicorn), but if they let me give them 6000 Zen to just buy the whole, pack, I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

But if I can't buy this pack for Zen, I won't ever be buying Zen again. Zen should be the only way to get items in game (not counting the founder's packs, which were essentially pre-orders). Releasing more content on a cash only basis just devalues Zen and is going to make people (like me) not buy anymore.

because spend more money to glorious chinese pwe overlords, peasant. Nihao.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reason you can't use Zen is because you can earn AD in the game, and the AD can be exchanged for Zen. This would allow players with enough Zen purchased with AD to buy the update for nothing.

Selling things for nothing doesn't earn the company revenue.
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    The reason you can't use Zen is because you can earn AD in the game, and the AD can be exchanged for Zen. This would allow players with enough Zen to purchase the update for nothing.

this company shouldn't be earning any revenue at all.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    this company shouldn't be earning any revenue at all.

Then buy the company and close it. Until you can do that your opinion over what they should be doing means nothing.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    this company shouldn't be earning any revenue at all. But we have too many weak minded, short attention spanned, clownshoes for individuals in this world.

And why shouldnt they be earning any revenue?
    edited July 2013
    Then buy the company and close it. Until you can do that your opinion over what they should be doing means nothing.

neither does your opinion that they magically deserve money simply for existing.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    neither does your opinion that they magically deserve money simply for existing.

No, but as with all companies they do deserve the chance to make money for the time and effort they have put into a product.
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reason you can't use Zen is because you can earn AD in the game, and the AD can be exchanged for Zen. This would allow players with enough Zen purchased with AD to buy the update for nothing.

this is wrong. Is not nothing, but is money that someone spend to buy zen...remember that exchange is player to player, so the zen that you see are buyed from someone.
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
    edited July 2013
    And why shouldnt they be earning any revenue?
    answered that in my quote, you and the guy above you are my case in point.
    edited July 2013
    answered that in my quote, you and the guy above you are my case in point.

No actually you didnt answer why they shouldnt be making revenue at all.
    edited July 2013
    No, but as with all companies they do deserve the chance to make money for the time and effort they have put into a product.

Sure. But most businesses vastly overinflate the value of their products via advertising.
    edited July 2013
    Sure. But most businesses vastly overinflate the value of their products via advertising.

Thats true they do, but in the end the value of something is completely dependent on the people who buy it. Is it worth the risk/reward? To me nothing in this game is worth the risk of me feeling like Im not getting my monies worth.
    edited July 2013
    Thats true they do, but in the end the value of something is completely dependent on the people who buy it. Is it worth the risk/reward? To me nothing in this game is worth the risk of me feeling like Im not getting my monies worth.

pretty much this.

I've yet to actually find any f2p company that I felt merited an actual money spend, save Riot.
    edited July 2013
    THey shouldn't be making making money because people should be intelligent, but people are not, and fall for the dumb **** PWE does and accept it.

So because people are, according to you, dumb that means that Cryptic shouldnt be making ANY money for the time and effort they put into making this game.

I really hope you are never in charge of other peoples paychecks.
    edited July 2013
    That's right. They get revenue from subscribers/payers whatever. And the people that give this company money for stuff are beyond dumb. if dumb people didn't exist, this company wouldn't be getting any money/exist either.
    edited July 2013
    So because people are, according to you, dumb that means that Cryptic shouldnt be making ANY money for the time and effort they put into making this game.

I really hope you are never in charge of other peoples paychecks.

I really hope you're never in charge of lawmaking if you think just because I put 15 months of work into building a barn that falls over if poked slightly that I deserve money for all my labor and time anyhow.

Thats not how capitalism works.

Take Hostess. They died because instead of fixing their advertising scheme or adapting to a market that was less enthusiastic than it used to be about cholesterol filled yellow cakes, they simply asked their employees to take successive paycuts, gave the CEOs raises, and when the bottom fell out on the whole plan, blamed unions and let the idiot consumers lap up the lie that it totally wasnt a complete failure to adapt to competition.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    this company shouldn't be earning any revenue at all. But we have too many weak minded, short attention spanned, clownshoes for individuals in this world.

OK. Let's shut the game down then. Or let's shut all PWE's games down then. So that such bright minds like you find another company which doesn't deserve your money and relies on weak minded, short attention spanned, clownshoes.
    This game is all right for F2P. It will stay here long like all other PWE games but won't have many updates like other PWE titles.
    It is the nature fo F2P. Make the game, break even, earn the profit, move on to something else.
    And PWE is not the biggest abuser of our wallets. There are worse games and worse companies, believe me.

And, tbh, after playing so many F2Ps I realize that WoW does deliver the quality of gaming and service. I am not going back there but I learnt to appreciate what I had then compared to what F2P titles churn out.

This game is not fine but it deserves a chance to become better.
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    OK. Let's shut the game down then. Or let's shut all PWE's games down then. So that such bright minds like you find another company which doesn't deserve your money and relies on weak minded, short attention spanned, clownshoes.
    This game is all right for F2P. It will stay here long like all other PWE games but won't have many updates like other PWE titles.
    It is the nature fo F2P. Make the game, break even, earn the profit, move on to something else.
    And PWE is not the biggest abuser of our wallets. There are worse games and worse companies, believe me.

Not many. Maybe Nexon.

and to be fair, "well, Stalin was worse than Mussolini" may be true, but its not exactly an argument for Fascism being a better idea than Communism.
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »

Those other companies have another thing in common with PWE, ran by chinese suits.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I really hope you're never in charge of lawmaking if you think just because I put 15 months of work into building a barn that falls over if poked slightly that I deserve money for all my labor and time anyhow.

Take Hostess. They died because instead of fixing their advertising scheme or adapting to a market that was less enthusiastic than it used to be about cholesterol filled yellow cakes, they simply asked their employees to take successive paycuts, gave the CEOs raises, and when the bottom fell out on the whole plan, blamed unions and let the idiot consumers lap up the lie that it totally wasnt a complete failure to adapt to competition.

Was that really intended as an analogy?
    Yes you still get paid for the work you did.
    The law still allows you to be sued for violation of construction codes and poor workmanship.
    The two are not mutually exclusive nor the same at all.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Trying to be back on topic here; I do hope to see some items from the packs in the Zen store. I might pay for certain items individually, but I'm not paying for a whole set when I don't want 90% of it.
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Was that really intended as an analogy?
    Yes you still get paid for the work you did.
    The law still allows you to be sued for violation of construction codes and poor workmanship.
    The two are not mutually exclusive nor the same at all.

the analogy was meant as 'Just because I make a defective product with my own blood, sweat, and tears doesnt necessarily entitle me to any money, especially when its not a project I was under any contract to get paid for"
    edited July 2013

If you build the barn for someone else then yes you should have the ability to try and make some money. That is how capitalism works, you make a product or provide a service and you get to choose how much your time is worth.

And the good thing about Hostess is the Twinkies are coming back!
    Not many. Maybe Nexon.

And on this point I would have to say Turbine is pretty terrible with their Cash Shop and Im sure I could find more if needed.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Those other companies have another thing in common with PWE, ran by chinese suits.

Time to do a little research out of the basement....
    Not all F2P games are chinese based.
    Cryptic studios for example is American based game studio It is headquartered in Los Gatos, California.
    The publisher that purchased it PWI and now owns it as a subsidiary is based in China.
    edited July 2013
    If you build the barn for someone else then yes you should have the ability to try and make some money. That is how capitalism works, you make a product or provide a service and you get to choose how much your time is worth.

And the good thing about Hostess is the Twinkies are coming back!

And on this point I would have to say Turbine is pretty terrible with their Cash Shop and Im sure I could find more if needed.

yeah. the twinkies are back. The employees mostly arent. also it'll probably fold once again once people stop buying twinkies out of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nostalgia's sake in about a month.
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Time to do a little research out of the basement....
    Not all F2P games are chinese based.
    Cryptic studios for example is American based game studio It is headquartered in Los Gatos, California.
    The publisher that purchased it PWI and now owns it as a subsidiary is based in China.

Yes. but most of the major publishers (IE, the people who hold the pursestrings) are chinese and korean groups like Nexon, Aeriagames, Perfect World, etc.

and they all have the same strategy. **** out a ton of lookalike asian style MMOs with minimal differences, buy a few english MMos and convert them to the same cash shop methods, featuring with extensive cash shops and go whaling.