test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, is the Moon Elf Race cash-only now? Or is the Pack one "Early Access"?

zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty much what the title says.
Post edited by zephryl1 on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Pretty much what the title says.

The pack states its a Unique moon elf race, I expect it to be like Drow and Menzo renegade.
  • jakepigellojakepigello Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited July 2013
    Unicorn mount? Are tween girls your new target audience? lol
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So, basically, the teased "Two new Races" on the Fury of the Feywild page is actually "One new Race, and one slightly-different-but-basically-identical Race if you pay for it"?

Gotta say, I'll be really disappointed if that is the case :\
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So, basically, the teased "Two new Races" on the Fury of the Feywild page is actually "One new Race, and one slightly-different-but-basically-identical Race if you pay for it"?

Gotta say, I'll be really disappointed if that is the case :\

Or its going to be like drow/menzo renegade like I said.

Pay for the pack and get the unique one and everyone else waits at least 60 days to get access to it. But the other new elf race could be free for all from the start.
  • darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where's the sun elves? I thought they announced both of them.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o.O Another Pack? Well at least it's different <.<. I already bought one though T.T. Hmmmm now I have to debate if I should buy this one.
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't mind if it's early access, and we all just have to wait for the Aug 22 launch, but since Drow hasn't actually been released yet (And they could very well just go "Actually, no. No Drow for you") I'd rather not make a comparison to that~
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey All,

I'll see if we can get the information added to the FAQ. Thanks for requesting clarification!
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Where's the sun elves? I thought they announced both of them.

MOON & SUN ELVES
    Play as the epitome of intelligence, grace and resilience as one of the new elf races! Both will come with unique racial powers and stat bonus selection.

Yes, Cryptic did announce both Moon & Sun Elves. My guess is this new pack Cryptic is promoting will be treated the same way as the Hero of the North Pack. You get early access to Moon Elves, as you did with Drow, with the release of the Normal Moon Elves scheduled for the 22nd of August. As far as the Sun Elves, there isn't any mention of them in this recent info given by Cryptic, so I'm hoping they are still planned to be in this new module.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

I'll see if we can get the information added to the FAQ. Thanks for requesting clarification!

Awesome, thanks ^_^ I'm hoping for good news~
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Pay up suckers. Only way you are going to get anything out of PWE is to open the wallet. Disgusting company.
    edited July 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Pay up suckers. Only way you are going to get anything out of PWE is to open the wallet. Disgusting company.

Or I can just play the majority of the game which is completely free. Oh and the majority of FotF? Im sure it will all be free too. Disgusting forumites.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New collector packs? For a regular content upgrade?

Really?

I've been basically defending their cash shop up til now, but this seems pushing it a bit far.

(edit: also, between this and the fact the basic NW pack is still in circulation, it seems that "bonus piles o' AD injected into the economy from nowhere" isn't going to go away. Hrm.)
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh ****, the one that interests me is the Stone of Earth. Is this a Leader Companion like the other Iouns? If so what type is it? Uncommon? Rare?
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Cryptic will just treat this as (Early Access) like they did with Drow. If you want to ride around as a wood elf on the back of a unicorn mount then this pack is right up your alley. I'm sure for the players who wish to wait for the free release as with drow it'll be the 22nd of August.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or its going to be like drow/menzo renegade like I said.

Pay for the pack and get the unique one and everyone else waits at least 60 days to get access to it. But the other new elf race could be free for all from the start.
    The thing is, the "unique race" in the Hero of the North pack is "Menzoberranzan Renegade" and what the rest of us will be getting (eventually) is "Drow". The "unique race" in the Knight of the Feywild pack is "Moon Elf". That doesn't leave much room for making a Moon Elf race available to everyone else, unless they rename the unique race and give it some unique cosmetics like they did for the unique Drow.

The thing is, before 4E, Moon Elves were the default Elf player character race in the Forgotten Realms, and Wood Elves were a reclusive race. Not everyone who plays Neverwinter is a 4e player. If they restrict Moon Elves to people who have bought the Knight of the Feywild pack, they're going to turn off players.

Sun Elves I could see being restricted, as they're supposed to rarely mingle with non-Elves, but with both Sun and Moon Elves being mentioned as being in the module, I would imagine that they'll be available to everyone (or through the cash shop).
    edited July 2013
    xtropian wrote: »
    The thing is, the "unique race" in the Hero of the North pack is "Menzoberranzan Renegade" and what the rest of us will be getting (eventually) is "Drow". The "unique race" in the Knight of the Feywild pack is "Moon Elf". That doesn't leave much room for making a Moon Elf race available to everyone else, unless they rename the unique race and give it some unique cosmetics like they did for the unique Drow.

The thing is, before 4E, Moon Elves were the default Elf player character race in the Forgotten Realms, and Wood Elves were a reclusive race. Not everyone who plays Neverwinter is a 4e player. If they restrict Moon Elves to people who have bought the Knight of the Feywild pack, they're going to lose players.

Sun Elves I could see being restricted, as they're supposed to rarely mingle with non-Elves, but with both Sun and Moon Elves being mentioned as being in the module, I would imagine that they'll be available to everyone (or through the cash shop).

I think the fact that it is listed as "Unique Moon Elf race" means they will probably rebrand it like Menzo Renegade
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The pack states its a Unique moon elf race, I expect it to be like Drow and Menzo renegade.

And we still don't have "Drow" unless you paid for it. I'm still waiting on my Generic Drow race.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
    edited July 2013
    So, it's looking like Moon Elves will be the cash version, and then everyone gets Sun Elf on Launch Day?
    edited July 2013
    bpphantom wrote: »
    And we still don't have "Drow" unless you paid for it. I'm still waiting on my Generic Drow race.

And it still hasnt been "at least 60 days after launch"
    edited July 2013
    So, it's looking like Moon Elves will be the cash version, and then everyone gets Sun Elf on Launch Day?

That's my thoughts as well. Early release Unique Moon Elf race prior to Module 1 being released so as to pull in players willing to pay for something unique. Then release Sun Elves when Module 1 goes live on August 22nd.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    That's my thoughts as well. Early release Unique Moon Elf race prior to Module 1 being released so as to pull in players willing to pay for something unique. Then release Sun Elves when Module 1 goes life on August 22nd.

I don't know why they'd make the Moon Elf exclusive rather than the Sun Elf, as Sun Elves are supposed to be more elitist and aloof than Moon Elves in Faerun. I'm not saying it doesn't seem like that might be what they're going to do, just that it seems backwards to me.
    edited July 2013
    I don't know why they'd make the Moon Elf exclusive rather than the Sun Elf, as Sun Elves are supposed to be more elitist and aloof than Moon Elves in Faerun. I'm not saying it doesn't seem like that might be what they're going to do, just that it seems backwards to me.

I agree with you, though all we are doing right now is speculating until Cryptic releases more information on the subject. I would rather have Moon Elves as the Norm, with Sun Elves being the early release race.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shouldn't it be the other way around between the Moon Elves and the Sun Elves? According to the Forgotten Realms book, the Moon Elves are the more common Eldarin, and the Sun Elves are less common.
    bpphantom wrote: »

It hasn't been 60 days since launch.
    edited July 2013
    Hmm. They confirm in the FAQ that Moon Elves are exclusive and Sun Elves are for everyone.
    What if I want to play the Sun Elf race as well as the exclusive Moon Elf race?

The Sun Elf race is free for all Neverwinter players.
    edited July 2013
    Hmm. They confirm in the FAQ that Moon Elves are exclusive and Sun Elves are for everyone.

Well, we have are answer too the elusive question. Guess if you want want to play as a Moon Elf, pony over the $60 with some added perks in the pack.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You still get the content absolutely free. You don't NEED that particular race to enjoy the game. However they still need to generate income/profit as they are a business after all. I don't see the big deal other than people complaining about pointless **** as usual.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And it still hasnt been "at least 60 days after launch"
    dardove wrote: »
    It hasn't been 60 days since launch.

What folks like you guys are overlooking is the fact that some of us already have a foot outside the door just waiting to see if the new content gives us any reason to hang around. We still don't have any idea when we're gonna see new classes and the promised new races now seem to be behind a paywall. If they're going to pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the least they could do is release the drow to balance things out and keep people (who aren't willing to pay obscene amounts of money for their content) motivated to continue playing their game.

While 60 days doesn't seem like much, when it comes to gaming it may as well be a year. Nobody can get away with trying to keep a gamer's attention for 60 days unless it's some kind of amazing DLC for a top-tier game. Sadly, Neverwinter isn't top-tier (yet) and a mass of pixels and stats isn't something worth waiting two months for. Cryptic is gonna have to do better than this.
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    You still get the content absolutely free. You don't NEED that particular race to enjoy the game. However they still need to generate income/profit as they are a business after all. I don't see the big deal other than people complaining about pointless **** as usual.

Not sure, (People) grouping everyone together in this thread would be considered complaining. From what I've read there was one one person (the person you quoted) making a remark about paying up. I'm sure there will be some players unhappy with the idea of having to pay money to play a particular race, but it's how Cryptic makes their money and it's something that should be expected.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

In this case, though, they are putting what has been the standard playable Elf race in the Forgotten Realms for 30 years behind a pay wall.