test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feywild Packs and Fury of the Feywild Module Live Date

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in News & Announcements
Find out more about Feywild Packs, and the release date of the Fury of the Feywild Module!

Neverwinter adventurers, we have some great news to announce. Fury of the Feywild, Neverwinter's first Module release, will be live on August 22, 2013! We're excited to bring you the new adventure zone of Sharandar as you fight to defend it from King Malabog and his fomorian forces. Learn more about Fury of the Feywild here.

To aid you on your dangerous journey ahead, we're adding two new Feywild Packs for adventurers to acquire. These packs include some unique items such as companions, mount, playable race, and more!

Are you excited for what awaits you in Neverwinter? Leave a comment below!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Are there anymore details about the racials and abilities available and if not when do you think they will be available?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    utania wrote: »
    Are there anymore details about the racials and abilities available and if not when do you think they will be available?

Great question! I don't have that information yet, but I'll see if I can get the info and add it to the FAQ.
  • Options
    shapeless1979shapeless1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do we have to purchase one of the packs to be able to access the new module/area? Also, will the new class(es) be released with the new module?
  • Options
    farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why dont you sell them in zen? example 6000zen for $59.99
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Do we have to purchase one of the packs to be able to access the new module/area? Also, will the new class(es) be released with the new module?

The module will be available for everyone for free - the packs contain extra items to supplement your adventure, but are not required to access any of the Fury of the Feywild content. In regards to new classes, at this time I don't have any information on that.

Thanks for requesting clarification!
  • Options
    marsportmarsport Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not impressed with having to pay for the starters pack bag for every account. Storage is the one thing that's difficult for everyone & it would cost $60 to kit out all my alts. The main pack is nice but since I just bought a mount on the store like many others, hmm not so sure.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are new classes being scrapped or something?
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This pack sure makes my Guardian pack look like wasted money, same 3 important things, mount, slot, and 600k ADs, but with an addition of race and augment pet.

Ill gladly give up my useless fluff stuff for an account wide augment pet and a race.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unicorn mounts? Who's going to roll a Princess char, buy the mount and 16 pink dyes bottles?

The dog from the starter's pack looks great, unfortunately, i can't use it. I'm stuck with a silly blue dot spinning around my character's head, for stats. Why can't we transmute augment pets like we can change the look of our armor?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well played, PW. Well played.
    Atleast we now know what to expect in every Expansion..sorry, in every Module.
    :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why do people in Europe get charged so much more than people in the US? 50 Euros is equal to $65 dollars so US players get the Knight set for 60 dollars and EU players get it for the equivalent of 65 dollars , not very fair considering they are virtual goods ...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the pack a limited time thing or will it always be available from now on?
    Are new classes being scrapped or something?

The last word was that the next class would be coming after Module 1, but before the end of the year.
  • Options
    sanasxsanasx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it is all very well but! do some work with classes of characters optimize balance. GWF needs to complete processing for example all classes in the game when you click "Shift" Done on them does not pass ... But it's different with the GWF. Also 'determination' to change completely.
    Recommendations to the characters :
    TR-increase the damage of 20%, reduce HP 25%
    CW- increase the damage of 30%, reduce HP 30%
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The "Unique Items Now Available" blurb feels really misleading, since you won't actually have access to those unique items until August 22 (except on a preview shard). I wish it was worded differently.

The items seem good, but it should really say upfront that you will be able to claim items on a future date, instead of just in an FAQ.

EDIT: To clarify, it's on the splash art that shows up on the launcher.
  • Options
    rluminusrluminus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am really excited about the Moon Elf Race. I think that a good additional class that would compliment this race is the Blade Singer from the Neverwinter Campaign Setting or Swordmage from the Forgotten Realms Players Guide. I would also like to see us have the ability to play a Spellscarred.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Find out more about Feywild Packs, and the release date of the Fury of the Feywild module!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=933751

We need more specific details about the Sylph Companion's abilities, racial stats, etc before I can decide to purchase a Feywild Pack...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rluminus wrote: »
    Swordmage
    ^this please
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Portal Hound Companion"

Will this be another re-skinned Dog like the Skeletal one?

I wish they would provide stats and information before a price tag.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What tier is the Unicorn mount? Is the Stone of Earth a companion or something else? I'm surprised dye packs aren't included.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What tier is the Unicorn mount? Is the Stone of Earth a companion or something else? I'm surprised dye packs aren't included.

The Stone of Earth is listed as a neck slot item in the video.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks. I didn't know there was a video.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Brought the pack thinking I'd have access to the goods now, not the module one content, but the companion and the unicorn...

"To get players ready for the dangerous journey ahead, we're introducing two new packs filled with unique items including companions, fashion, and more!"

I kinda assumed "To get players ready for the dangerous" it would mean I could level up the companion before the new content had been launched. Oh well, I guess we don't get anything until the 22nd?
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    chylokchylok Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There really needs to better clarification that the pack does NOT become usable until the content is launched. I checked preview shard and there is nothing there either. Nice pack, but you guys really need to put that in bold-type.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    inb4 new race has +2 wisdom, +2 int
    21.jpg
  • Options
    phobos1789phobos1789 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we buy the moon elf race
    without buying the whole pack?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chylok wrote: »
    There really needs to better clarification that the pack does NOT become usable until the content is launched. I checked preview shard and there is nothing there either. Nice pack, but you guys really need to put that in bold-type.

It wouldn't be on the preview shard now because the preview shard is running the same build as live currently. I would guess it will show up when they put Fury of the Feywild on the preview shard.
    inb4 new race has +2 wisdom, +2 int

Should be +2 Intelligence, and +2 to either Dexterity or Charisma.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Should be +2 Intelligence, and +2 to either Dexterity or Charisma.

Int/charisma has been done by tiefling
    dex/int is already done by wood elf

but to my knowledge (meaning i dont remember what the drow is) no race has a wisdom/int combination

Edit: drow is dex/cha (they dont get a second choice?)
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211
    21.jpg
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well done Cryptic. You hyped us up about the new races, the new companions, all the content coming... AND HALF OF IT'S LOCKED BEHIND A $60 PAY WALL!

Thankfully, I learned my lesson about you people when you delayed the Drow for 2 frelling extra months, and I've stopped playing this game, instead returning to RIFT. For $25, I can get 4 extra functional classes, rather than paying $60 for a frelling reskin and a pet that will die in the first 10 seconds of combat. Nice to know that not only do things never change, but they get even worse. Even better, the new class has stats that the other races don't have, AND unique abilities! Open up your wallets if you wanna be competitive, ladies and gents~

Yeah... I'm officially not looking forward to this anymore. Doesn't help you haven't even told us about the new class or prestiges yet. Or how much they'll cost us.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Int/charisma has been done by tiefling
    dex/int is already done by wood elf

but to my knowledge (meaning i dont remember what the drow is) no race has a wisdom/int combination

Edit: drow is dex/cha (they dont get a second choice?)
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211

Drow are Dex and Wis/Cha.

And Eldarin (which is what Sun and Moon Elves are) per the Essentials rules are Int and Dex/Cha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The link on the info page that leads to the PWE Extras doesn't have the info for the extras.

Also, how much is this pack? The price isn't displayed.