test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Editing Status - Back Online!

13»

Comments

• Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    In before the "Oh noes they didn't tell us it was up!"
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My thoughts on why the Foundry Editor might be so often down:

1) The Foundry does not generate revenue within itself so it does not take a higher priority to dedicate resources and staff to it.
    2) The Foundry is a much more complicated thing than the game itself given all the variables that come from ever changing content that players make.
    3) There is a deep rooted problem that just hasn't been found yet and will take some time.

No matter the reason, when it's up, I'll use it. When it's not I'll do something else. It is just a game after all.

BTW Thanks for updates instead of silence.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »
    1) The Foundry does not generate revenue within itself so it does not take a higher priority to dedicate resources and staff to it.

Fallacy. You're assuming that Cryptic will only work adequately on things that DIRECTLY earn them money. By that logic we may not have have anything working well except the Zen/AD stores. And we know that there are different teams within Cryptic to handle different things. For example, the art team isn't going to be working on bugs if they're not related to the artwork or models.
    2) The Foundry is a much more complicated thing than the game itself given all the variables that come from ever changing content that players make.

Not necessarily true. The game engine is probably even more complicated than the Foundry. And the Foundry is just a very stripped down version of what the devs have used to create content.
    3) There is a deep rooted problem that just hasn't been found yet and will take some time.

Very possible. My guess is memory leaks on the server for something that takes multiple days over multiple incidents to find and fix.
    BTW Thanks for updates instead of silence.

They're still silent. Apparently it's back up, but they haven't let us know that... yet? Horrid communication from Cryptic. And who knows, may be it's up temporarily, not officially right now, as they have it up to test before making it official. Which means communication right now would be even more important to let us know not to rely on our work being saved if they're testing things.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Foundry is up, but I'm hoping its only a test because it is very, very broken.

"Y Relative To" and "Editor Display Priority" drop down menus do not work at all.

"Appear When" and Disappear When" sort of work, you get the drop down menu but the option are all hidden by the remainder of the Asset Interaction Window.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Foundry is up, but I'm hoping its only a test because it is very, very broken.

"Y Relative To" and "Editor Display Priority" drop down menus do not work at all.

"Appear When" and Disappear When" sort of work, you get the drop down menu but the option are all hidden by the remainder of the Asset Interaction Window.

All The Best

The UI layering order breaks when your maps grow beyond a certain size in details, possibly around 1300. They really break at 1400 and 1450 or more.

So this isn't anything new and not related to the downtime. Perhaps you've added more to your maps to trigger this?

As a workaround, use your keyboard arrow keys to select values once you've clicked on the drop down menus. As for other windows hidden behind things like the properties window, just move the map so that the properties window is to one side or the other. I've had to do this for a long, long time on my almost full detail map.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nice, looks like they finally officially mentioned it was back online. *whew* Just in the time for the weekend for me.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    thejman300zxthejman300zx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's loading up which is good. However, whenever I go to choose an object on the premade maps, they all say "UNTRANSLATED" and when I mouse over them they say "unidentified fire damage_01", the number changes for each one. None of the other objects appear at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's loading up which is good. However, whenever I go to choose an object on the premade maps, they all say "UNTRANSLATED" and when I mouse over them they say "unidentified fire damage_01", the number changes for each one. None of the other objects appear at all.

Check "Force Verify" from the Options panel on the Launcher.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You guys should just give up on the game, Foundry and all, and be a few post a day mboard warrior like me, advocating the destruction of all chinese based game companies.