Install Arc

Campaign: The Final Prophecy

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
MMY0MTs.jpg

THE FLAME KEEPER
NW-DP3QEQK88

~ Featured Foundry! 11/18/13 ~

All heroes need a day off, and what better way to spend it than with drinking, dancing, and games? Every year, the simple village of Darrow bands together and celebrates Lord Traven Darrow's birthday. But one villager doesn't seem to be sharing in the festivities. Pack your bags and travel through Neverwinter Wood to share in a unique experience that could be the start of a grand adventure!

-Share in the celebration with gifts, games, dancing, and of course drinking!
-Play your way! Alignment choices give you the opportunity to kill or torment certain NPCs!
-Class specific options ensure that everyone will get a slightly different story every time!
-Expansive dialogue trees allow you to get to know the characters in the story.
-Can you find all the hidden party favors scattered throughout the maps and become the life of the party?

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to share with you my first labor of love! "The Flame Keeper"!
This foundry quest was designed to feel like an actual D&D quest, and that's primarily because it was!
Five years ago, I wrote this quest as the opening sequence to a 6 month journey! Our tabletop group loved it, and I hope you will too!

I've put well over 100 hours into this quest, and, while I'm sure it's not as visually stunning as some others out there, I did my best to add new ideas and tricks to hopefully make a lasting impression on you.

I also wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to Kaizzar Bloodletter of the Beholder server for helping me test this quest over and over. Without his help, I would have had windows floating in mid air, dialogue that ended too soon, ect...

qFUGblC.jpg

plJ7pLH.jpg

QAg8ezk.jpg
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FROM A DISTANCE - ACT II
    NW-DLTFF8M20

~ Featured Foundry! 8/5/14 ~

U7cdUii.jpg

The journey with Akera begins to settle into the back of your mind. But when Kabel travels to Neverwinter, you are forced to relive that adventure. He tells you that your involvement with Akera and her golem is not finished. But Kabel seems to know more than he's letting on! Return to Darrow, and explore Kabel's tower from the caverns below, to the roof overlooking village! Your adventure is just beginning!

If you have not yet played "The Flame Keeper", you probably should before jumping into the newest chapter.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited June 2013
    A HOUSE DIVIDED - ACT III
    NW-DH8T86OFK

bVC0IGO.jpg

In this chapter of The Last Prophecy, Akera and Onus return with a tale of a powerful necromancer. But wait! This necromancer is of a royal bloodline? Travel to the sacred Wood Elf city of Hurin'Tal where you will discover a decade's old blood feud, and take part in an epic battle against a mysterious dark force.

Features:
    -Medium/Heavy story with combat in meaningful areas.
    -Explore the vast elven santuary of Hurin'Tal
    -An emotional story driven quest that answers many questions, and raises many more
    -Highly detailed characters and environments
    ERttL9p.jpg

nQnafkp.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    hi, ill trade reviews with you. my quest is in the sig (the second one). If possible, post your feedback in

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?366002-Trading-Reviews-Deception

what, im not trying to revive my thread or anything :p

thx in advance :)
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
    edited June 2013
    FALLEN ANGEL
    NW-DT4WMDTTI

XduDOg0.jpg

Two days have passed since the attack on Hurin'Tal. Today you must meet with Empress Greymourn. What she tells you will reveal an ancient world of magic and secrets. The time to avenge Akera is at hand.

Featuring six brand new maps, expansive dialogue trees, and a hidden secret for players who love exploration!

THE DARKNESS WITHIN
    NW-DHY46QSLR

2jjFGb7.jpg

The time has come to take the fight to the enemy. Armed with a powerful artifact, it's up to you and your allies to bring an end to the evil Shade Cult, and the mystical creature known as Nova.

The last chapter of The Final Prophecy is now live! Featuring intense battles, secret bosses, a huge custom-built castle to explore, and an exciting finale! A special challenge awaits the most hardy adventurers.
    Rally your friends, and square off against Nova itself!

Good luck!

Updated 1/27/15: Nova can now be accessed by solo players!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    hey man, just played your foundry. I liked it :).
    the only thing i can comment are

1) It was a bit slow at the beginning. Not saying i didnt enjoy it, but i would have like to spend more time in the main story than in the beginning.

2) Akera. Well this one is going to be difficult to address but... you know, she acts all bugged out at the time she follows you. I dunno how ure going to deal with this but i have a few suggestions.

i)Make her non-combatant and just follow you. Though that would be the easy way.

ii)Another way is to make her have summons. Im guessing u used the guard encounter with recruits and archers and what not. Its possible to disguise them as summons (something firey?) and that way you can have her (and summons) properly follow you.

iii)Use the single guard encounter. Though that would have her using an axe and shield and you probably wouldnt like that. But its still a suggestion.

Hoped I helped :).
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Akera is a very tricky one to figure out. The other guards in her party do die to a horde of orcs off-camera. For some reason she used to work great, but now she just sorta does whatever she wants. I'm really not sure what changed with her. I didn't just want her to be a tag-along NPC. I wanted to show the player that this innocent looking girl had some real power behind her!

As far as the first part of the story, I tried to present players with a sense of "It's my day off." After enjoying what the village has to offer, you suddenly find yourself back on duty. It's supposed to give you that slow, laid back feel at first. But I really a appreciate your feedback! I sent you a PM of items you might want to look at in Valerie's Dream. I'm off to play the second one now :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited June 2013
    Made a number of updates today.

Reduced the number of smoke volumes in "that house" in order to increase FPS.
    Added visual enhancements to "that house"
    Fixed dialogue and incorrect linking during the drinking game
    Improved/simplified the 'incorporeal wizard'.
    Removed the anvil from the druid ring area (it was there for testing purposes)
    Added new dialogue and effects to the main NPC
    Added new class specific paths to the final map to reveal a little more of the story. <--This took an entire day
    Simplified and corrected a couple dialogue errors.
    Added a line of dialogue to Jasmine which will remind players that you can get around Darrow faster on a horse...because, ya know... your horse still works.
    Added a new camera trick when examining certain objects. Please let me know if you run into any problems with it.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow! Loved this. :D So creative, and i loved experiencing a story instead of just fight fight fight.

My notes:

-After escaping the house, talking to Truia, the response says "stange orb," which i believe should be "strange orb."
    -Too busy enjoying the story to write anything else down. ;)

Very very cool quest. :)
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This looks like a quest I'd enjoy and thus will give it a go when I am able to tear myself away from the Foundry.
    edited July 2013
    Nice catch! Thank you, I will correct that now. I'm very happy that you've enjoyed the quest! Thank you for the compliments!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited July 2013
    I enjoyed that a lot. I don't think I have a lot of feedback for you. Aside that certain areas seem to be less decorated than others and my inner explorer rebelling when it encountered invisible walls.
    Very well made quest.

(Ran on a level 47/ 48 CW.)
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This was actually a pretty cool quest.

I was actually looking forward to 1 starring you for your comments in the other thread, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Well done.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited July 2013
    As Truia Redleaf says to the thief, "The ends do not justify your intentions."

And what? No tip? Surely the creator of Bill's Tavern could spare some chump change for the community. =P
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • bandolinibandolini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hi, great quest! Really enjoyed it, so nice to have a different type of experience in a foundry. First impression, the floating islands in the sky very cool and so much better than just talking to someone in town. I like the detail in Darrow, Valiant the dog for instance, so many quest just have ' dog 1' and its nice to see attention to detail and the house cat too!

When I was told to deliver the cake, I didn't have it in my inventory, I know it worked ok, but it is just a small point. Apart from that, I loved it! It has a really nice intro in the party town, then an interesting quest with Akeera, really good with a nice twist with her not speaking and finding the golem. I really liked it, really well done! Thanks. Band.

If you would have time I would like you to take a look at mine:

The Captains Return Pt 1 - NW-DHEX3XPPU
    The Captains Return Pt 2 - NW-DO595JNP2
    The Captains Return Pt 3 - NW-DBSJ4HMOU
    edited July 2013
    I will play those now :) Thank you for the review!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As Truia Redleaf says to the thief, "The ends do not justify your intentions."

And what? No tip? Surely the creator of Bill's Tavern could spare some chump change for the community. =P

I would have but hit my limit for the day.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is, simply, how quests should be! Amazing job! I loved the interactivity and the general storyline was very easy to get immersed in! I'll have to check out Part 2 here in a little bit. :)

If you want to take a look at mine, it's in my sig. :D

Edit: Got my hubby to play it too! XD
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, do you have a different thread for act 2?
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
    edited July 2013
    I do. Once the quest gets it's 5 reviews and out of the pit, I'll make a single campaign thread.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?391991-Sequel-to-quot-The-Flame-Keeper-quot-now-up-for-reviews!

I will give yours a play right now :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • arbroath1arbroath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great adventure. It's obviously a jumping off point for a campaign, but it was well done and very entertaining. Off to play part 2 :)
  • arbroath1arbroath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just finished part 1, cant wait for the sequal. I've already subscribed :)
    edited July 2013
    Thanks! :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited July 2013
    I've made several updates to this quest. Please see the notes in the OP.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played both "The Flame Keeper" and "From A Distance" tonight. Both were very nice. Looking forward to the rest of the story.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just played through this.

Another excellently crafted quest.

Really nicely done maps, the story moves on (perhaps not how the player wants it to, and that I think is part of the success) and is handled brilliantly. Not sure if I'm supposed to start disliking Kabel, but I am.

Only slight niggle I could find, a typo.

In one of the responses to Kabel (in Kabel's tower, before entering the caves) the player says "You're just full of suprises, aren't you?" Needs to be "suRprises".

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, only one comment, otherwise an amazing quest.

Right at the beginning of the Mountain Path map, if you walk behind the tent, you get jumped by ~4 orcs and two ogres that emerge from the rockface wall.
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Excellent quest. My only question; how did you do the parts with the absence of the player? I assume you had them in a tiny invisible box?
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
    edited July 2013
    As I really enjoyed the first part, I'm hopping in to play the second right after this post!
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll try this out tonight, or tomorrow :) - Would always welcome a play on The Trials of Five.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about that! Fixed the zone issue, and it should be good to go now!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
This discussion has been closed.