test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There needs to be a penalty for leaving a pvp match mid game

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I know I'm not the first one to say this, but pvp is terrible even if 1 or 2 people leave. It completely throws the game out of balance and makes it almost impossible for your team to even stand a chance. People leave during pvp matches because they don't want to lose. There needs to be some sort of penalty for Leaving/Disconnecting such as not being able to queue again for about 10-20 minutes. This would stop people from trying to constantly join and quit matches until they can finally win.
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I know I'm not the first one to say this, but pvp is terrible even if 1 or 2 people leave. It completely throws the game out of balance and makes it almost impossible for your team to even stand a chance. People leave during pvp matches because they don't want to lose. There needs to be some sort of penalty for Leaving/Disconnecting such as not being able to queue again for about 10-20 minutes. This would stop people from trying to constantly join and quit matches until they can finally win.

It would do NOTHING to stop or prevent players from leaving. So they can't reque for 20 minutes? It still does nothing to help the team who has the quitters on it. It still punishes those who stay to fight. This "solution" does nothing to help the team that stays in the match. So you punish a quitter? So what is what they will say. They leave and it still screws over the team. You think this will prevent those from leaving? It won't.

Not only that but it is silly, so some quitters won't leave they will just go afk in their spawn points instead. So what's the difference, you didn't solve anything. All you end up doing is making them just wait out the match while you still lose for trying to fight.

Good solution. lol
  • ch33t0ch33t0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1: do zone chat
    2: setup 1v1 matches
    3: Get zerged
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Krumple01 I did use "Such as" I admit what that not being able to queue for a set amount of time is flawed, but this thread is not about that specific penalty. This thread is simply saying there needs to be some form of penalty, but of course you did make a good point. If there is some way to prevent "quitters" I would leave it up to the devs or the community as a whole.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Id like it if putting people on your ignore list blocked them from queueing with you.

I know there is a rumor going around that it currently does, but sadly it does not currently function that way. I tried ignoring every bot i teamed up with and still got the same ones in my party later that day.

If the ignore list really functioned like that (and everyone knew about it) it would go a long way in dealing with bots, afkers, and leavers. With such player-based regulation the community would really enjoy it, as we would feel empowered. Instead of feeling preyed upon by exploiters like now.
  • zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Penalizing quitters does nothing to solve the problem.

Instead, you do this:

1. If someone quits, replace them with someone in queue.
    2. If someone is in the spawn point for longer than 60 seconds (and that is generous), eject them from the match and replace them.

Note, this does nothing for bots, as that was not the point of this thread (it was about quitters).
  • s3p3nt3ans3p3nt3an Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a ranking system that penalizes players for leaving a pvp match would do at least some good. It would take alot of think time and development from the devs for a good one, but they probably already have something such as this in the works if not a better solution.. There are many possibilties that a ranking system would open up, especially for lvl 60 pvp. They could make separate ques for higher ranks within their 10 lvls or at lvl 60, this would eliminate the bot problem for the better pvpers.

P.S. Just my opinion, I don't much care to be Burnt at the stake for being foolish, if that's your opinion